Bills name Brian Gaine as Asst GM, promote Terrance Gray to Dir of Player Personnel

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Congrats and both will likely be plucked in the next off season or two especially if we win the big trophy. 

It will be interesting, how long does Gaine have to stay in the zone of shame before given another shot at GM in the league?

Edited by Warcodered

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

It will be interesting, how long does Gaine have to stay the zone of shame before given another shot at GM in the league?

I don't think what happened in Houston hurts him. That franchise is so dysfunctional with O'Brien purposely trying to get fired by making bad trades but somehow getting more power and pushing Gaine out. Other teams would just congratulate him on getting out. 

• Agree 4

56 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I don't think what happened in Houston hurts him. That franchise is so dysfunctional with O'Brien purposely trying to get fired by making bad trades but somehow getting more power and pushing Gaine out. Other teams would just congratulate him on getting out. 

I don’t think Gaine will get another GM job unless the Bills become a dynasty. There was more to Gaine getting fired then just dysfunction.

• Disagree 2

The obvious choices. I thought on the limited bits we saw from the draft room Gaine was absolutely a calming presence in there. TG and Beano were getting all excited and wanting to offer Baltimore even more for a trade up and it was Gaine who was staying calm and talking them down. It is something Beane has admitted himself he needs at times in the draft room, the guy saying "just hang on." 

Looks like Mike Szabo is the Dennis Hickey replacement. I think Hickey had the title "Senior National College scout" but that was largely to recognise his seniority as a former GM. Szabo is promoted three years after being hired as an area scout. He was also the obvious promotion - worked with Beane and McDermott in Carolina. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is what I expected.

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t think Gaine will get another GM job unless the Bills become a dynasty. There was more to Gaine getting fired then just dysfunction.

Please expand.

5 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Congrats and both will likely be plucked in the next off season or two especially if we win the big trophy. 

Big IF. My expectations are SB or Bust but it seems alot of people on here are just expecting a Lombardi to land in the Bills lap. It's a long season, anything can happen. We were the best playoff O last year n didn't reach the Conference finals. 

We're a great team on paper, with great coaching and Front Office but with all that, we still need to perform at a high level. 

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Perhaps "allegedly" should be added to the above statement.  I haven't been able to find any information regarding the lawsuit other than the early news stories published shortly after Gaine was fired and those that reference the lawsuit when he was re-hired by the Bills.

Edited by Haslett_Stomp

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

It will be interesting, how long does Gaine have to stay the zone of shame before given another shot at GM in the league?

If the Bills have continued success, I'd say two years for Gaine to re-chrome himself.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The rest of the story...it was all about severance pay:

https://houseofhouston.com/2019/07/13/houston-texans-rumors-brian-gaine-coworker-defend-amid-charges/

"...Jeff Pope, formerly a security coordinator for the Houston Texans, was fired last month for what the Houston Chronicle’s Aaron Wilson reported as for “job performance issues, including falsifying payroll and overtime records.”

Pope, who is African-American, alleges that he was terminated based on his race and has filed a complaint with the EEOC after not coming to an agreement on a severance when his ties were cut with the Houston Texans.

ORDER granting Motion to Dismiss. Case terminated on 3/22/21

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/16101557/21/pope-v-houston-nfl-holdings-lp/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The reality is no one knows the details and just because someone makes a claim, doesn’t mean there is any truth.  

I had a good friend, who’s a manager in medical device company.  He tried for 18 months to help this guy (African American Gentleman) succeed, but he was not working out.  He had

More field coaching reports and evaluations to try and help, but just wasn’t getting it.  There were other things, but eventually he had to put him on a corrective plan, then a PIP.  Eventually the company let him go.  He retaliated with no Basis on an EEOC

case.  It was summarily dismissed the first day in court.  My colleague did not thing wrong and had one of

the most diverse districts in the country.

My point to this vignette is maybe there is something to the claim, or maybe the guy was bitter about being let go.  We don’t know so why make assumptions.  Because there is an article.  We’ll those are always true? (Insert sarcasm).  If Gaine was in the wrong, Houston would’ve settled.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

Perhaps "allegedly" should be added to the above statement.  I haven't been able to find any information regarding the lawsuit other than the early news stories published shortly after Gaine was fired and those that reference the lawsuit when he was re-hired by the Bills.

I know but that’s all that is needed to have your name removed from candidate lists. But like I said if the Bills become a dynasty he’ll be right at the top of the lists.

So I think Beane and Gaine will be here a long time together.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

22 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Looks like Mike Szabo is the Dennis Hickey replacement. I think Hickey had the title "Senior National College scout" but that was largely to recognise his seniority as a former GM. Szabo is promoted three years after being hired as an area scout. He was also the obvious promotion - worked with Beane and McDermott in Carolina. 

Always suspected Szabo might have gotten fired for suspicion of sharing Carolina draft info with the Bills.  It was weird that he got let go in Carolina in 2019......he had recently been promoted and seemed to be on the way up in an organization he had spent nearly 2 decades with and where there seemed to be a lot more potential for upward mobility than within the Bills organization.   He ended up with a lateral(perhaps a bit of a demotion even) move to the Bills.

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Always suspected Szabo might have gotten fired for suspicion of sharing Carolina draft info with the Bills.  It was weird that he got let go in Carolina in 2019......he had recently been promoted and seemed to be on the way up in an organization he had spent nearly 2 decades with and where there seemed to be a lot more potential for upward mobility than within the Bills organization.   He ended up with a lateral(perhaps a bit of a demotion even) move to the Bills.

He came here as an area scout originally. So that sounds like a demotion for sure. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.