Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

Y’all remember when Nick Foles threw for over 400 yards and 7 TDs in a game?

Tua isn’t some guy that puts up big numbers over the course of an entire season. He relies heavily on his first read being open and getting YAC. Give teams another game or two and watch how defenses adjust.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I will give credit to him for finding his 1st read and delivering the ball to him accurately. But that is the skill set of a backup. Case Keenum could have had that performance today. The reason that backups are backups is they are unable to create plays because of certain limitations they have, and that is the category that Tua will always find himself in. Even backups can play well within their skill set and score points when they have supporting talent.

Tua is better than Case Keenum 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Tua isn’t some guy that puts up big numbers over the course of an entire season. He relies heavily on his first read being open and getting YAC. Give teams another game or two and watch how defenses adjust.

I totally forgot about that game lol..

39 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Fandom is the purest example of what’s wrong with the world. We just can’t and won’t accept the other side doing something right. 

to be honest.... this quote is what is wrong with the world today. Just because we are Bills Fans, does not make us bias yet you just put fandom in one category assuming we are all bias cant can't really see what goes on in the NFL? dont throw me in a category of people just because I agree or disagree with a popular/unpopular opinion. 

I have a lot of respect for you Stampede but this statement... lol... idk man.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

many would not remember that because of how his career continued after that game. This is spot on.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Remember when Nick Foles won a Super Bowl?? :wub: I do...

52 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

to be honest.... this quote is what is wrong with the world today. Just because we are Bills Fans, does not make us bias yet you just put fandom in one category assuming we are all bias cant can't really see what goes on in the NFL? dont throw me in a category of people just because I agree or disagree with a popular/unpopular opinion. 

I have a lot of respect for you Stampede but this statement... lol... idk man.

many would not remember that because of how his career continued after that game. This is spot on.

Fans are biased. But it’s just funny. We see a guy throw 6 TDs and almost 500 yards and we try to downgrade his performance. 😂. Just show respect. The guy had an unbelievable performance.

Maybe this performance will be an outlier, but give credit when it’s due.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Fans are biased. But it’s just funny. We see a guy throw 6 TDs and almost 500 yards and we try to downgrade his performance. 😂. Just show respect. The guy had an unbelievable performance.

and i do not disagree with this statement,,, but what you just did... what you just said, put us all in one big category. not cool. some would call that racist. 

fandom is what's wrong with this world? that's your original statement? putting us all in one category, yes'?

Edited by PrimeTime101

17 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

and i do not disagree with this statement,,, but what you just did... what you just said, put us all in one big category. not cool. some would call that racist. 

Fans are biased. Not every single fan thinks the same way but the majority of fans. Let’s not get into a debate about this. We all Know how fans act and think. Look at the Browns fans defending Watson. 

In sports it’s ok to be biased. We boo obvious penalties just because it was called against our team. This is fandom.

But it crosses over into the real world. We’re the same way with everything in the world. The majority of people don’t want healthy discussion. They want their opinions and beliefs to be fact. They want people to agree with them.

Back to football. Josh Allen was considered inaccurate by the majority of draft analysts. So what did they do? Every inaccurate pass was made bigger just to prove they were right. I’ve said all offseason that Tua is getting the Josh Allen treatment. Every under throw was going to be made bigger because people want to be proven right. 

We all know many below average arm strength QBs have been successful in the league. We also know many strong armed QBs have failed. Tua’s lack of arm strength never was going to be the reason he failed.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1 - everyone saying the Ravens aren’t SB contenders are stupid. They literally make the playoffs almost every year. According to this dumb logic, the Bengals weren’t super bowl contenders last year. 

2 - Tia’s performance was absolutely shocking. To not give credit to him just means you’re a hater. If Allen had 6 tds on the road against a SB contender (yup the Ravens are) in a comeback victory, we’d be losing our mind. 

3 - I still don’t think Tua is good. That said, I may have to care more about the game than the tailgate next week in Miami. 

The only thing that scares me in Miami is the humidity  Tia not so much 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Fans are biased. Not every single fan thinks the same way but the majority of fans. Let’s not get into a debate about this. We all Know how fans act and think. Look at the Browns fans defending Watson. 

In sports it’s ok to be biased. We boo obvious penalties just because it was called against our team. This is fandom.

But it crosses over into the real world. We’re the same way with everything in the world. The majority of people don’t want healthy discussion. They want their opinions and beliefs to be fact. They want people to agree with them.

Back to football. Josh Allen was considered inaccurate by the majority of draft analysts. So what did they do? Every inaccurate pass was made bigger just to prove they were right. I’ve said all offseason that Tua is getting the Josh Allen treatment. Every under throw was going to be made bigger because people want to be proven right. 

We all know many below average arm strength QBs have been successful in the league. We also know many strong armed QBs have failed. Tua’s lack of arm strength never was going to be the reason he failed.

bolded. that is complete horse doo doo. this smells. and smells bad. "The majority of people don't want a healthy discussion? you're better off talking football then "issues with the world" and categorizing fandom...  Is it Plausible that Tua could be the next big QB? sure of course it is. The kid showed lots of promise today. But to even discuss that Tua has made a JA type leap? One game does not dictate that. It's too soon for this.

This kid had one great game and his wr's bailed him out a ton today. 

BUT

this is a small sample size and putting Tua on a JA jump pedestal this early with a small sample size is crazy. I am a fan of the sport. For 45 years I have seen QB's have one-year wonders, QB's with slow career starts, fast career starts, 6 seasons before they start looking good. I am not just a fan of the Bills, I am a fan of the sport and who the heck gives you the right to shove us all into one category called fandom and make the word feel evil. so wrong on so many levels.

your nuts man.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

bolded. that is complete horse doo doo. this smells. and smells bad. "The majority of people don't want a healthy discussion? you're better off talking football then "issues with the world" and categorizing fandom...  Is it Plausible that Tua could be the next big QB? sure of course it is. The kid showed lots of promise today. But to even discuss that Tua has made a JA type leap? One game does not dictate that. It's too soon for this.

This kid had one great game and his wr's bailed him out a ton today. 

BUT

this is a small sample size and putting Tua on a JA jump pedestal this early with a small sample size is crazy. I am a fan of the sport. For 45 years I have seen QB's have one-year wonders, QB's with slow career starts, fast career starts, 6 seasons before they start looking good. I am not just a fan of the Bills, I am a fan of the sport and who the heck gives you the right to shove us all into one category called fandom and make the word feel evil. so wrong on so many levels.

your nuts man.

Tua has a long way to go to reach Josh Allen status. I don’t compare their games. I compare the blind hate both received. 

Tua is his own QB, as is Josh Allen. 

You’re getting too serious about this. I think it’s funny how fans are reacting to Tua’s day. 

As for my what’s wrong with the world comment, I won’t go into it more because this is a football discussion. I probably shouldn’t have said that here.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Tua has a long way to go to reach Josh Allen status. I don’t compare their games. I compare the blind hate both received. 

Tua is his own QB, as is Josh Allen. 

You’re getting too serious about this. I think it’s funny how fans are reacting to Tua’s day. 

As for my what’s wrong with the world comment, I won’t go into it more because this is a football discussion. I probably shouldn’t have said that here.

what's crazy is until now, you have not talked about their hate for what they both received. I give respect towards tua for what he did for 1/3rd of a game. one game. You talked about JA like jumps and other then one game I dont see it. IF anything, us bills fans have seen players look great one game and trash the rest. Tua has much more to prove and thats being fair. 

Just because someone does not agree with you or does not want to have that conversation with you does not mean they are blinded by "fandom" or because they dont want to have a "open conversation" on it.  we all here to write down our opinions and god forbid there be people that disagree....

Edited by PrimeTime101

39 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

what's crazy is until now, you have not talked about their hate for what they both received. I give respect towards tua for what he did for 1/3rd of a game. one game. You talked about JA like jumps and other then one game I dont see it. IF anything, us bills fans have seen players look great one game and trash the rest. Tua has much more to prove and thats being fair. 

Just because someone does not agree with you or does not want to have that conversation with you does not mean they are blinded by "fandom" or because they dont want to have a "open conversation" on it.  we all here to write down our opinions and god forbid there be people that disagree....

Every conversation here about Tua is that he’s terrible and will never be good. What is this based on? He’s a developing QB. You can’t honestly believe the Tua hate is purely based on his play. It’s not based on his record either.

Allen and Tua aren’t on the same level. I don’t compare them as QBs. Tua is trying to reach Allen status. The only thing I’ve said about Tua is don’t be surprised if he breaks out. His arm strength won’t be the reason he fails. He needs to process the game quicker than most. Weaker arm QBs can have success in the NFL.

• Vomit 2

1 hour ago, Putin said:

The only thing that scares me in Miami is the humidity  Tia not so much 

Heat brotha.  You want humidity, come to Tampa.  The most humid city in America.  Why?  Because the Bay is very shallow and the Gulf around the Tampa location is an avg of 13-17ft deep out to 50 miles or so.  That’s why you have to go out 55 miles to go deep sea fishing.  It’s why we have the second most lightning in the world.  East Africa has the most.

It is always 5 degrees hotter though in Miami.  Tua played a good game yesterday, but he’s no Josh Allen.  We’ll be fine.  Baltimore is a good team when they have a lead as that is the way they are built.  I was as surprised as some of you, but then I never thought the Jets would come back on the Browns.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No one downgraded him he is still average.... that never changed.

It's you who is overreacting to 2 quarters of play. Most of us are still on the same level.

Edited by TBBills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Sure he had a good half of football.  Theres some credit.  Im sure it had nothing to do with the receivers having an average of 3-4 yards of seperation at the time of the catch and averaging between 6 and 7.5 yards after the catch.  Tua has an 8.4 aggressive percent which is the 6th least tight window throws in the league. 

What does this mean?  It means he has easy ass throws to make because his receivers on average are open by 4 yards.  It also means that his receivers are generally getting almost as many yards after the catch that Tua actually throws the ball.  He isnt even all that accurate on a lot of his passes and gets bailed out quite a bit.

Tua is a system QB with a weak arm.  The weapons around him are the real stars and scheme is only going to take him so far.  When he plays defenses that can cover and can rush the passer he wont be having a very good game.  He doesnt have any traits to him that make him accel.  Is he an ok QB?  Yeah he is alright, but he is nowhere near elite.

When he does this all year then I will come back and eat my crow.  Until then he has had 7 mediocre to bad quarters of football and one stellar quarter of football against what might have been the worst secondary on a football field this week.  His recievers still did most of the work.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Fandom is the purest example of what’s wrong with the world. We just can’t and won’t accept the other side doing something right. 

there’s some of that, certainly. But there’s also people correctly pointing out that this performance was an aberration for Tua at this point. Against an abysmal pass defense. Great for him and good for Miami but I’m in no hurry to shower praise on him after this. Can he do it with even semi-regularity? If so, he’ll deserve all the praise he gets.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.