Can we talk about Tremaine Edmunds?

Yantha

OP starts a thread titled "Can we talk about Tremaine Edmunds?" :huh: :lol:

Like, seriously, what board have you been on the last 3-4 years? Outside of Allen, Edmunds probably has the most threads on TSW. :thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 2

What happened to Tremaine? 

The "he's young and he's only in his 1st, 2nd, 3rd year"  excuse expired. His perceived potential  has never been realized.

Why hasn't he really held up to his first round grade?

The grade was given for an athletic LB with a high ceiling.  Pure pre-draft speculation.

Can he rebound? 

No.  He doesn't have the temperament. He's robotic - not instinctive.  He's soft. 

What are the chances? 

I'd guess zero. I don't think he has the seek and destroy mentality it takes to be a top tier LB.

Will money motivate him as he finishes up his current contract?

If money is what he needs for motivation, he's on the wrong team.

Any insights on what Beane and the Bills brass think about Tremaine and his future in Buffalo?

Nope. They haven't consulted with me so far.  My bet is Edmunds is traded soon, or  if no reasonable offers come their way, he's allowed to play out his contract as they continue to offer him up before the trade deadline. 

Could Tremaine be used as trade bait on draft day? Or before?

Of course. Anything is possible. My take all along has been the question of is he more or is he less valuable than he was on draft day 2018 at pick # 17?  At barely 24 years old come September, and with 4 years NFL of experience, he should be at least AS valuable.  But he's not. Maybe a 2nd rounder by the right buyer. Probably 3rd round value.  If some team offers a first, I'd hope they accept that offer as fast as they can before that trade partner reviews all the tape.

This draft is fairly deep in LB talent, even on day 3.  Should we move on or put our faith in Tremaine?

Open competition (if he's still on the roster).  May the best man win.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, ONEandDONE said:

Not all 4-2-5's are alike. In some situations the Mike would have 2-gap or widened gaps based on the alignment (shades of the DL). But I see your point and I appreciate your civil discourse.

Can you explain further?

18 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

They’ll trade him to move up for Kyle Hamilton. The writing is on the wall. Poyers replacement. Edmunds has played his last game as a Bill. 

So who plays mike on a Superbowl ready team?

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Be honest Yantha you’re doing this ***** up your post count

Right.  I'll be gone from this board after the draft....  I really care about post count.  Check out when I joined.... and do the math on yearly post counts....

2 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

They’ll find a suitable replacement which will be an improvement. Won’t be difficult. 

There are several day 3 options that I like.

Asamoah

Tindall

Beavers

Smith

Domann

Rodriquez

McFadden

Just now, Mat68 said:

Who?

Which rookie walks in and is day 1 better?  Cause I would be all for it.  I respect that you put alot into this opinion so im curious as who is a sure fire pro bowl possible all pro player. 

1 hour ago, SoMAn said:

What happened to Tremaine? 

The "he's young and he's only in his 1st, 2nd, 3rd year"  excuse expired. His perceived potential  has never been realized.

Why hasn't he really held up to his first round grade?

The grade was given for an athletic LB with a high ceiling.  Pure pre-draft speculation.

Can he rebound? 

No.  He doesn't have the temperament. He's robotic - not instinctive.  He's soft. 

What are the chances? 

I'd guess zero. I don't think he has the seek and destroy mentality it takes to be a top tier LB.

Will money motivate him as he finishes up his current contract?

If money is what he needs for motivation, he's on the wrong team.

Any insights on what Beane and the Bills brass think about Tremaine and his future in Buffalo?

Nope. They haven't consulted with me so far.  My bet is Edmunds is traded soon, or  if no reasonable offers come their way, he's allowed to play out his contract as they continue to offer him up before the trade deadline. 

Could Tremaine be used as trade bait on draft day? Or before?

Of course. Anything is possible. My take all along has been the question of is he more or is he less valuable than he was on draft day 2018 at pick # 17?  At barely 24 years old come September, and with 4 years NFL of experience, he should be at least AS valuable.  But he's not. Maybe a 2nd rounder by the right buyer. Probably 3rd round value.  If some team offers a first, I'd hope they accept that offer as fast as they can before that trade partner reviews all the tape.

This draft is fairly deep in LB talent, even on day 3.  Should we move on or put our faith in Tremaine?

Open competition (if he's still on the roster).  May the best man win.

Great post!  I agree with pretty much everything you said.

I feel like Edmunds could  be involved in a trade, but I don't see him bringing anything more than a 3rd as well.

I also agree his problem isn't "lack of motivation."  I don't think money will solve his problems.

I think he's giving it his best and trying his hardest now.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Yantha said:

There are several day 3 options that I like.

Asamoah

Tindall

Beavers

Smith

Domann

Rodriquez

McFadden

😂😂😂😂 so Edmunds, multiple Pro Bowls is being hated on for not being an All Pro like Allen, Diggs and White.  Is going to be replaced and play will be better by any of these day 3 players?  

• Like (+1) 1