I have a 2nd Bills schedule inside rumor/tip (UPDATE: NOW CONFIRMED!)

Alphadawg7

i'm trying to figure out how to navigate the thanksgiving game if it's at noon too.  we host, and usually eat around 4.  i think we'll keep the time, i'll have as much ready to go by noon as humanly possible, and treat the game as hor d'oeuvres/drink time for who ever wants to show up.  by the time i need to deep fry the bird, i'll deep into the drink, making the day more entertaining, and more dangerous!

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah SoFi is crazy expensive, parking starts at $80 even.  It’s an amazing stadium though, but still it’s just so expensive.  

I'm debating whether to go down for this game from Seattle.  The last LA trip I made was to see the 5 INT Peterman disaster at StubHub Center against the Chargers.

At least Sofi is conveniently located near LAX for an easy arrival and getaway.  Visiting fans can at least avoid the parking charge by getting a hotel near the airport and using rideshare to get to the stadium... even if the area is a bit sketchy.

41 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

I'm debating whether to go down for this game from Seattle.  The last LA trip I made was to see the 5 INT Peterman disaster at StubHub Center against the Chargers.

At least Sofi is conveniently located near LAX for an easy arrival and getaway.  Visiting fans can at least avoid the parking charge by getting a hotel near the airport and using rideshare to get to the stadium... even if the area is a bit sketchy.

I was at that disaster of a game too…🤮

• Like (+1) 1

I seem to remember most of the rumors last year turned out to be not true.  The two games are totally plausible, Hopefully the Bills don't turn Detroit into the Jags game from last year, that would suck in the early window on a great holiday.   Should be over by halftime...

16 hours ago, teef said:

i'm trying to figure out how to navigate the thanksgiving game if it's at noon too.  we host, and usually eat around 4.  i think we'll keep the time, i'll have as much ready to go by noon as humanly possible, and treat the game as hor d'oeuvres/drink time for who ever wants to show up.  by the time i need to deep fry the bird, i'll deep into the drink, making the day more entertaining, and more dangerous!

Tell your family from 12-3:30 you have a prior engagement and then walk away :)

1 hour ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

I seem to remember most of the rumors last year turned out to be not true.  The two games are totally plausible, Hopefully the Bills don't turn Detroit into the Jags game from last year, that would suck in the early window on a great holiday.   Should be over by halftime...

Last years rumors felt more like Bills fans and Bills media getting excited. This year the opener has had multiple national writers say Buffalo is in or one of the top 2-3 choices along with the Rams main beat writers say its Buffalo same with the Lions on Thanksgiving. I will be actually more surprised if they are not in at least one of the two games at this point.

10 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Last years rumors felt more like Bills fans and Bills media getting excited. This year the opener has had multiple national writers say Buffalo is in or one of the top 2-3 choices along with the Rams main beat writers say its Buffalo same with the Lions on Thanksgiving. I will be actually more surprised if they are not in at least one of the two games at this point.

I would be a little surprised if they get Thanksgiving. That would make it 3 times in 4 years. Plus there are better teams to put the Bills on primetime against then the Lions. 

7 hours ago, corta765 said:

I think Buffalo really elevated itself on the National level after that Chiefs Divisional round game.  I think just about every NFL fan would agree that was the best game of the entire playoffs

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I think Buffalo really elevated itself on the National level after that Chiefs Divisional round game.  I think just about every NFL fan would agree that was the best game of the entire playoffs

I've had multiple non-Bills fans tell me it was the best playoff game they've ever watched, period.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

It was for 59:47

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, sullim4 said:

Visiting fans can at least avoid the parking charge by getting a hotel near the airport and using rideshare to get to the stadium... even if the area is a bit sketchy.

When I was considering the Bills possibly making the SB last year, I had looked at making a reservation at a "nearby" hotel, it would have been a 2.5 mile walk to the stadium. I figured there should be enough people and police around to not worry about making the walk. 

On 4/26/2022 at 10:36 AM, Taro Nimbus said:

They may just throw in Denver because of Russ.  Plus we all know America loves to see the Cowboys in primetime…🙄

I agree.  Rams saw Wilson regularly and now with him in Denver Rams will not play against him often.

And America does not love to see Cowboys in prime time unless their asses are being kicked.  Broadcasters love them from when they were popular and they never changed with the times.

On 4/26/2022 at 10:18 AM, NewEra said:

Can’t put in for time that far out.  Ticket prices will escalate.  If I can’t get the time off, I’ll either call out or cancel the flight and credit my account.  

Ah good point. :) Well I hope you get the time off!!!! When is the date for the game?

13 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

When I was considering the Bills possibly making the SB last year, I had looked at making a reservation at a "nearby" hotel, it would have been a 2.5 mile walk to the stadium. I figured there should be enough people and police around to not worry about making the walk. 

When I was working in California I would regularly stay in that area at hotel on my days off because it had good facilities.

I never had an issue and once when I was doing my walk the hotel had some guys give me a hat for their help with a car with trouble.  I turned down offer to go drinking. I felt like I was in a foreign land whenever they talked but we got done what we needed to.

22 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I think that's probably right during the Super Bowl.  I also think it's fine if you're with a group.  At night though... I would not walk that stretch of Century east of 405 alone.  Lots of warehouses, abandoned businesses, windows with metal bars over them, etc.  The area west of 405 where all the airport hotels are located seemed a lot safer to me.

But all of that is based on my experience before the stadium was built.  It's entirely possible that the stadium has improved things for that east of 405 Century Blvd corridor.

On 4/27/2022 at 7:35 PM, Just Jack said:

Is that bad? That you have worry about having people and police around. I'm asking bcuz never been to Vegas, I have mostly avoided it whenever the opportunity cane.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.