** Private Workout ** Tight End Trey McBride, Colorado State

intimidatortj

A source tells http://Syracuse.com that Buffalo held a private workout with Colorado State TE Trey McBride. https://newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2022/04/source-buffalo-bills-hold-private-workout-with-2022-nfl-drafts-top-tight-end.html #BillsMafia

This is a private workout, as opposed to a Pre-Draft 30 Visit.      A Pre-Draft 30 Visit is held at One Bills Drive and no physical workouts are allowed.   
A "private workout" must be conducted at the prospect's home school, i.e. Colorado State.   And, teams can put the prospect through drills/workout.

The Bills previously met with McBride either or both at the Combine and Senior Bowl, per reports.

IMO Trey McBride will get drafted somewhere between the middle to bottom of the 2nd round. 

Edited by intimidatortj
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, atomicpwrd said:

Seems we are looking at higher end TEs.  I wonder if they are protecting themselves in case we can't afford Knox.  I hope not because it takes a while to develop a TE, and Knox is a good one now.

We still need a TE 2 for the future.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I cant see us drafting a TE in the second or trading up in the third round for one unless he is the second coming of a freak like Knox..but we can say this for multiple future "need" positions as well...S and RB come to mind if we move on from Poyer or Zack Moss this season and Singleton next season

21 minutes ago, atomicpwrd said:

Seems we are looking at higher end TEs.  I wonder if they are protecting themselves in case we can't afford Knox.  I hope not because it takes a while to develop a TE, and Knox is a good one now.

Like Diggs, Allen isn’t letting Knox go anywhere 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Like Diggs, Allen isn’t letting Knox go anywhere 

I hope you are right!

24 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

We still need a TE 2 for the future.

I agree, but they seem like higher round picks which we need for more pressing needs this year.

IMO, TE2 is covered by Howard this year.   McBride would be a great addition, but only if Beane trades down and gets another 2nd or a high 3rd to add him with a few other top 100 picks.   Otherwise, it'd be a bit of a luxury pick versus other positional depth / re-stocking needs for 2023+.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

IMO, TE2 is covered by Howard this year.   McBride would be a great addition, but only if Beane trades down and gets another 2nd or a high 3rd to add him with a few other top 100 picks.   Otherwise, it'd be a bit of a luxury pick versus other positional depth / re-stocking needs for 2023+.

Interesting thought.  Beane is ready to weave some magic...

59 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

I cant see us drafting a TE in the second or trading up in the third round for one unless he is the second coming of a freak like Knox..but we can say this for multiple future "need" positions as well...S and RB come to mind if we move on from Poyer or Zack Moss this season and Singleton next season

The Bills are acting like they are taking a TE in the 3rd round.

They have done Pre-Draft Visits or private workouts with: 
TE Trey McBride (2nd Rd), Isaiah Likely (2nd-3rd Rd), Cade Otton (3rd Rd), Cole Turner (3rd Rd).
They also may have done a meeting with Charlie Kolar (3rd-4th Rd)

Knox's contract is up next year.  So is OJ Howards and Tom Sweeney.     
If Knox and his agent want a deal at $12 million a year for 4 years, the Bills might have to decline and go with a younger, cheaper player.  Not ideal, but the Cap makes you made hard choices sometimes. 

PS The Bills have had Pre-Draft Visits and meetings with a number of safeties too.   So it could be safety in the 2nd round and tight end in the 3rd.  We will see.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.