What non-QB has the highest trade value in the NFL?

FireChans

For me Parsons is the most valuable Non-QB in trade.   He’s on another level and did it as a rookie, this is the first guy to be an honest to goodness comparison to LT since LT left the game and I dare say he might be better.  On a rookie deal, that’s unrivaled.

Chase and Jefferson are extremely valuable because of the insane contracts given to WR this year.

TJ Watt. 

Some people don't realize, not only do you get the sacks, (22.5 tied league record last year in only 15 games played) but Watt also leads the league consistently in FF and PD's for his position as well. The price tag is high but you get a proven player with a proven bloodline. I also think TJ's game will stay at a high level compared to his brother JJ. TJ doesn't take the same beating his brother did.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

Agree with Parsons.  You can find a WR anywhere. Elite defenders not so much.

LT play in the NFL has really fallen off. I cant think of one young guy that I would even consider. At one time Orlando Pace, Walter Jones, and Jonathan Ogden were all playing at the same time. Joe Thomas then kept up the amazing run of left tackle play. Four of the best to ever play. Is there anyone now even close to those guys????

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

LT play in the NFL has really fallen off. I cant think of one young guy that I would even consider. At one time Orlando Pace, Walter Jones, and Jonathan Ogden were all playing at the same time. Joe Thomas then kept up the amazing run of left tackle play. Four of the best to ever play. Is there anyone now even close to those guys????

Rashawn Slater was outstanding his rookie year.  To the hypothetical question, I think Slater would have the most trade value given the longevity and importance of the position.  You can't go wrong with him, Parsons, or Chase though.

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

For me Parsons is the most valuable Non-QB in trade.   He’s on another level and did it as a rookie, this is the first guy to be an honest to goodness comparison to LT since LT left the game and I dare say he might be better.  On a rookie deal, that’s unrivaled.

Chase and Jefferson are extremely valuable because of the insane contracts given to WR this year.

Wow… might be a little early for comparison to LT top 5 non QB of all time.. Parsons is my selection for this exercise and he looks to be destined for greatness if he stays on his current trajectory.

The answer is Myles Garrett

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Ronnie Stanley is if he can stay on the damn field. 

I think over the last decade Tyron Smith has been HOF level elite but the last couple of years the injuries have slowed him. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The answer is Myles Garrett

Ronnie Stanley is if he can stay on the damn field. 

I think over the last decade Tyron Smith has been HOF level elite but the last couple of years the injuries have slowed him. 

Smith definitely was a stalwart before the injuries 

Stanley is definitely very talented.. love me some golden domer lineman

It’s TJ Watt for sure.  He’s the most dominant and disruptive defensive player in the NFL right now, even ahead of Donald who I would say is a very close second.  

Parsons is interesting, but only 1 year on his resume, so I think Watt would fetch the most.

Edited by Alphadawg7

11 hours ago, FireChans said:

As we continue to bear the doldrums of NFL FA, I thought this would be a fun little debate. QB’s eliminated because their trade value is STAGGERINGLY high. 

So, topic title. What player currently in the NFL, currently under their existing contract, would go for the most in a “we are shopping X” type bidding war?

I think there may be one clear answer. And my pick is Justin Jefferson. Superstar? Check. Affordable contract for 3 years? Check. Young with potential? Check.

I’m sure the AD’s of the world will get tossed around, but he’s older and with a big fat contract. I think JJ is potentially in the most valuable NFL player currently.

Completely disagree with your posts’ initial premise. So far removed from ‘bearing the doldrums of FA’, no offseason has been more exciting than this one on a day to day measure than any in League history. Not just our Bills, the total NFL -which is inching closer to soccer as world champ of team sports. From player movement to new stadiums, foreign games to rule changes and new, inventive ways to watch games and media coverage, a fan dare not miss a day on the calendar, lest they fall way behind the ever-changing landscape. As for your 2nd year premise, too early (imo) to proclaim a 2nd WR as a superstar/pre-eminent must ‘get’ shopping war target. 
Since there’s little to no chance any of these type players come available and QBs are eliminated by your pretense, I’d go with Safety Darnell Savage from Green Bay, though he’s entering a contract year.

Edited by Chandler#81

4 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Dion Dawkins? 😏😜

22 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s TJ Watt for sure.  He’s the most dominant and disruptive defensive player in the NFL right now, even ahead of Darnold who I would say is a very close second.  

Parsons is interesting, but only 1 year on his resume, so I think Watt would fetch the most.

Darnold is more disruptive because he is doing it from the interior of the line, which is unprecedented. A DT leading the league in sacks some years? Unheard of.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s TJ Watt for sure.  He’s the most dominant and disruptive defensive player in the NFL right now, even ahead of Darnold who I would say is a very close second.  

While I don't think you could go wrong with TJ Watt, he is certainly an outstanding player, the Steelers also scheme him very well to get him in 1v1 situations. He faces fewer double teams as a guy who comes a lot from a 2 point (Parsons is similar) than Donald and Myles Garrett. Donald's age and the fact he has already made noises about retirement would lower his value. I think the compensation for TJ and Myles Garrett would be similar but personally I'd pay more for Myles because I think Donald apart nobody just flat out beats his block even when doubled as well as Garrett. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

While I don't think you could go wrong with TJ Watt, he is certainly an outstanding player, the Steelers also scheme him very well to get him in 1v1 situations. He faces fewer double teams as a guy who comes a lot from a 2 point (Parsons is similar) than Donald and Myles Garrett. Donald's age and the fact he has already made noises about retirement would lower his value. I think the compensation for TJ and Myles Garrett would be similar but personally I'd pay more for Myles because I think Donald apart nobody just flat out beats his block even when doubled as well as Garrett. 

I think TJ Watt is slightly better overall player personally than Myles.  It’s very close obviously, but I would personally take TJ over Myles.  I do agree compensation would be similar though and they would likely be the top 2 in terms of compensation.  

Donald is probably the greatest DT ever, but yes age and how much longer he will play will lower his compensation in this question posed by the OP.

Edited by Alphadawg7

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think TJ Watt is slightly better overall player personally than Myles.  It’s very close obviously, but I would personally take TJ over Myles.  I do agree compensation would be similar though and they would likely be the top 2 in terms of compensation.  

Darnold is probably the greatest DT ever, but yes age and how much longer he will play will lower his compensation in this question posed by the OP.

Yea I am the opposite, though I don't think TJ is a ridiculous answer by any means, he is clearly elite. I just think Myles is more gifted.

You have repeated the Darnold mistake!! 

Edited by GunnerBill

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Darnold is more disruptive because he is doing it from the interior of the line, which is unprecedented. A DT leading the league in sacks some years? Unheard of.

That doesn’t really make him more disruptive though.  Makes him more valuable one could say, but being more disruptive would equate to more sacks, pressures, forced fumbles, tackles, etc.  And TJ is doing at the highest rate in the NFL right now.  

I get the value of getting what Donald brings from the DT position, and he’s arguably the best DT of all time and one of the best defensive players overall of all time.  But as it equates to the question of the OP, his age and retirement rumors would hurt his trade value. 

Edited by Alphadawg7

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.