Clarence Thomas IS conflicted

Is Clarence Thomas conflicted?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Is Clarence Thomas conflicted?

• Yes
    • No

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I’d cite pay to play as a reason to change the law.  

Not quite sure what you mean specifically here, but you'd have to change the Constitution to get him without impeachment.

If you want to impeach him, get  Congress to do it and provide evidence.

20 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

That’s not the issue.  This began as an exchange with respect to your peddling of dangerous misinformation with respect to the viability of HCQ as a treatment for COVID.  Your complaint with respect to the handling of the COVID-19 issue by a certain political administration has nothing to do with your campaign of misinformation and your repeated deflection of responsibility for your actions.  I believe MAGA calls your approach gaslighting.  Whatever the proper nomenclature, the point remains that you were an unabashed peddler of dangerous information with respect to the viability of HCQ as an effective treatment for COVID-19.

Sure it's the issue.  Wuhan virus was going to ravage the US no matter who was in office at the time.  I told you all that back then and I was dead right.  Except Joke was worse considering we had vaccines, treatments and knowledge of Wuhan virus that we didn't have under Trump.  And who does Joke blame?  No, not himself or his idiot VP who cast doubt on the vaccines, all because they couldn't stand to give Trump a political win prior to the election.  So spare me.

Edited by Doc

17 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Not quite sure what you mean specifically here, but you'd have to change the Constitution to get him without impeachment.

If you want to impeach him, get  Congress to do it and provide evidence.

Sigh.  Nobody is suggesting dumping Thomas without impeaching and convicting.  The point is that he’s under a cloud, and that any precedent made now with his vote will be easier to disrupt later.  I’ll put it in terms MAGA might be able to comprehend (imagine this coming in a caveman voice):  stare decisis not strong if judge corrupt.

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sure it's the issue.  Wuhan virus was going to ravage the US no matter who was in office at the time.  I told you all that back then and I was dead right.  Except Joke was worse considering we had vaccines, treatments and knowledge of Wuhan virus that we didn't have under Trump.  And who does Joke blame?  No, not himself or his idiot VP who cast doubt on the vaccines, all because they couldn't stand to give Trump a political win prior to the election.  So spare me.

HCQ man is gaslighting again.  Still says he’s dead right about HCQ being an effective treatment for COVID.  This is what happens when someone falls for a Trump hoax.  

REMINDER:

“The latest attacks on Justice Thomas have nothing to do with ethics.

Instead, the attacks are about undermining the Supreme Court now that it no longer acts as a super-legislature for implementing the Left’s progressive policies.

Other justices have also suffered baseless attacks on their ethics and character. The Left is weaponizing financial disclosures to smear conservative justices.

It’s important for defenders of the Court to call this out for what it is.

Meanwhile, Justice Thomas and his colleagues can hopefully continue to focus on their work: issuing legal opinions that are faithful to the Constitution.”

https://instapundit.com/582316/

That’s because legal opinions that are faithful to the Constitution are the Left’s worst nightmare.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

the supreme court is on increasinly thinner ice with the american people to begin with. the last thing they need is a pay for play scandal with Clarence Thomas like this.

Republicans should be asking for his resignation. It is highly important for the court to maintain its integrity

Replace Supreme Court with the biden administration and I will agree wholeheartedly. What is more prevalent in the public’s eye, the Supreme Court or the president of the United States?

Come back when you take off your liberal colored glasses. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Sigh.  Nobody is suggesting dumping Thomas without impeaching and convicting.  The point is that he’s under a cloud, and that any precedent made now with his vote will be easier to disrupt later.  I’ll put it in terms MAGA might be able to comprehend (imagine this coming in a caveman voice):  stare decisis not strong if judge corrupt.

He's under the same cloud that he's been under since he was nominate and confirmed.

The cloud is that he's a conservative, constitutionalist jurist, and the left doesn't like him.

Use existing law and impeach him.

If not, shut up, and stop this idiotic nonsense that he is somehow corrupted, with no evidence to support such a claim. 

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

again, if you don't like Joe Biden, vote against him next year.

Clarence Thomas has a lifelong position, the situations aren't comparable and since we cannot hold him accountable for anything he does, he should recognize that and hold himself accountable by resigning

Have the same damn standards for everybody. Not just wether they have a D or R in front of their name. 
Are you capable of doing that!?

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

He's under the same cloud that he's been under since he was nominate and confirmed.

The cloud is that he's a conservative, constitutionalist jurist, and the left doesn't like him.

If not, shut up, and stop this idiotic nonsense that he is somehow corrupted, with no evidence to support such a claim. 

Hoax.  

Just now, Westside said:

Have the same damn standards for everybody. Not just wether they have a D or R in front of their name. 

I don’t dispute this.  That’s why the Thomas thing is so offensive to me.  His conduct has imperiled the standing of that institution.  I’m sure John Roberts—a good man and a good jurist—is at the end of his rope with all of the nonsense of the last couple of years. 

2 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I do have the same standards for anyone in the Supreme Court, who by the way, aren’t supposed to have a D or R next to their name.

None of the others on the court have egregiously abused their position like Thomas. If they have, I would want them to resign as well

How has he abused it?

4 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

How has he abused it?

He hasn't.

Ask them what court ruling was effected by any 'coercion"

They cannot answer, because there is none.

• Like (+1) 1

Look, the issue here isn’t that there is a lot of dark money and potential influence peddling swirling around a court that lacks an enforceable ethics code.

The problem is that people we don’t like are pointing that out. 

-Conservatives 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Look, the issue here isn’t that there is a lot of dark money and potential influence peddling swirling around a court that lacks an enforceable ethics code.

The problem is that people we don’t like are pointing that out. 

-Conservatives 

Nope.

Not at all.

The "problem" to use your phrase is that the Dems don't like the Court's makeup, so slandering them is their usual game plan.

Same old *****, predictable as hell, and never ends.

• Thank you (+1) 2

👆🤡

It’s hysterical - the hypocrisy of those crying endlessly about Hunter Biden “corruption” turning a blind eye to outright corruption at the SUPREME COURT takes the cake.

jfc they are pathetic simps. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, B-Man said:

He hasn't.

Ask them what court ruling was effected by any 'coercion"

They cannot answer, because there is none.

The point you miss, perhaps because you’re preoccupied with cartoons, is that this scandal will provide easy cover to dump the work of the Court decades from now.  Smart conservatives get that.  MAGA does not. 

25 minutes ago, BillStime said:

👆🤡

It’s hysterical - the hypocrisy of those crying endlessly about Hunter Biden “corruption” turning a blind eye to outright corruption at the SUPREME COURT takes the cake.

So you agree. Hunter Biden and his dad are 100% guilty of corruption. Good to know. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Westside said:

You're asking a commie that question?

The answer is always and forever no.

39 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Nope.

Not at all.

The "problem" to use your phrase is that the Dems don't like the Court's makeup, so slandering them is their usual game plan.

So there’s no issue at all with SCOTUS justices secretly taking in hundreds of thousands of dollars of gifts from political benefactors?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So you agree. Hunter Biden and his dad are 100% guilty of corruption. Good to know. 😉

Hey, if it's true - he's gotta go.

But where is the evidence?  Let's see the receipts.

Why the hold up?

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Nope.

Not at all.

Truth is an absolute defense to defamation. 

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

HCQ man is gaslighting again.  Still says he’s dead right about HCQ being an effective treatment for COVID.  This is what happens when someone falls for a Trump hoax.  

Joke's a bigger hoaxer with his "I'll shut down the virus."  Amazing he was actually worse when he had vaccines and treatments.  And you fell for it.  And as a result the country is going off the rails and Joke's got the worst approval rating in history.  Nice going.

17 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Nice one.

Just now, Doc said:

Joke's a bigger hoaxer with his "I'll shut down the virus."  Amazing he was actually worse when he had vaccines and treatments.  And you fell for it.  And as a result the country is going off the rails and Joke's got the worst approval rating in history.  Nice going.

There you go again, HCQ man.  At least you took a break from yelling at clouds and munching Ivermectin to use this website.  That’s a good thing. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

There you go again, HCQ man.  At least you took a break from yelling at clouds and munching Ivermectin to use this website.  That’s a good thing. 

Likewise for you, being allowed to get away from pouring water for the first 2 chairs.

29 minutes ago, Doc said:

Likewise for you, being allowed to get away from pouring water for the first 2 chairs.

ya know, I've yet to read an East Indian colloquialism from you.  And your medicine is  bizarre.  strange...

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

taking bribes is not evidence?  You're a shill acting as a voice of reason.  C'mon.  Both of you need to own up to who you really are,

Edited by redtail hawk

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

ya know, I've yet to read an East Indian colloquialism from you.  And your medicine is  bizarre.  strange...

You know why?  Because I'm a first gen Indian American.  IOW American.  Racist.  :rolleyes: 

Edited by Doc
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

You know why?  Because I'm a first gen Indian American.  IOW American.  Racist.  :rolleyes: 

and clearly a $hitty doc..or pretend doc.  And simultaneously anti immigration...pull up the ladder Jack, I'm on board!  btw, I've met and worked with some brilliant East Indian colleagues and you are nothing like them.

Edited by redtail hawk

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

and clearly a $hitty doc..or pretend doc.  And simultaneously anti immigration...pull up the ladder Jack, I'm on board!

You can't possibly see clearly with your head up your ass.  And only anti-illegal immigration.  As are my Democrat mother and most legal immigrants.

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

He has used his position on the supreme court for familial favors and monetary gain. try watching the news 

The donor has been his close friend since childhood, per CNN.

Is this illegal to do? Do these folks make millions writing books, going on speaking engatements, etc.? Sure they do. This is done by everybody, everywhere, all the time.

Has this donor financially benefitted by a 5-4 decision, with Thomas the swing vote?

1 hour ago, Unforgiven said:

A black man straying away from the democrat plantation ...oh hell no

get the rope

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

👆🤡

Neither has been adjudicated. Patience grasshopper

Edited by Pokebball

46 minutes ago, Doc said:

Hoax.  I don’t munch ivermectin or yell at clouds.  But it’s good to know you channel your inner Abe Simpson and holler at cumulus objects round supper time.  Nice try, HCQ man. 

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  I don’t munch ivermectin or yell at clouds.  But it’s good to know you channel your inner Abe Simpson and holler at cumulus objects round supper time.  Nice try, HCQ man. 

You don't yell at clouds?

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

and clearly a $hitty doc..or pretend doc.  And simultaneously anti immigration...pull up the ladder Jack, I'm on board!  btw, I've met and worked with some brilliant East Indian colleagues and you are nothing like them.

Solid point.  I don’t know how it escaped me for so long.  There is a strong possibility that HCQ man was hoaxed about HCQ because he’s hoaxing everyone else about being a physician.  This is a revelation. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Link? 

I stand corrected. They've been friends for 27 yrs.

And I'll leave this reply rather than deleting my post.

43 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

taking bribes is not evidence?  You're a shill acting as a voice of reason.  C'mon.  Both of you need to own up to who you really are,

Bribe? Link :) 

And just think, if RBG hadn’t been so sure that good ‘ol Hillary was going to win, she would’ve retired before dying in office and Obama would’ve picked her replacement. 

As I keep telling you people…EVERYTHING we’ve seen for the last six years always comes back to Hilary Clinton. 

12 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Bribe? Link :) 

the justice is  from dirt poor Ga, became good friends with a real estate developer from Tx.  who knows where they crossed paths...an R fundraiser perhaps.  Then the Tx guy buys his family a house and gives his parents free rent.  Takes him on 1/2 mil vacations for free.  Pays for a distant relatives private school.  All the while both are keeping it secret but both state there's nothing to hide. I guess the Tx billionaire has a big heart for poor black judges making $300k/year. And the judge rules favorably on a real estate eviction case that benefits the Tx guy.  Not enough?  I'll rub some mud on your eyes to cure your blindness...wtf is wrong with you people?  Ya really think this was philanthropy from a billionaire to a down and out black lawyer? Nothing expected in return?  Willful ignorance is despicable.

Edited by redtail hawk

36 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax?  Have they taken even the water duties away from you?  Shame.

5 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

the justice is  from dirt poor Ga, became good friends with a real estate developer from Tx.  who knows where they crossed paths...an R fundraiser perhaps.  Then the Tx guy buys his family a house and gives his parents free rent.  Takes him on 1/2 mil vacations for free.  Pays for a distant relatives private school.  All the while both are keeping it secret but both state there's nothing to hide. I guess the Tx billionaire has a big heart for poor black judges making $300k/year. And the judge rules favorably on a real estate eviction case that benefits the Tx guy.  Not enough?  I'll rub some mud on your eyes to cure your blindness...wtf is wrong with you people?  Ya really think this was philanthropy from a billionaire to a down and out black lawyer? Nothing expected in return?  Willful ignorance is despicable.

so no charge of bribery? Yeah really really really not enough

• Haha (+1) 1