Bills 2022 Draft picks are set. ๐Ÿ‘€

After Wildgoose and Anderson were poached, I hope they use those later picks (185, 203, 231) to move around the board in the middle rounds.ย  We need inexpensive talent and can't be wasting picks on guys who will get cut or poached.ย 

ย 

As it stands, give me CB, WR, IOL in the first 3 rounds.ย  Then with the remaining draft: OT, CB, RB, TE, LB, P are all options.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 7

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Lot of depth in this draft.

Thatโ€™s why I wouldnโ€™t really mind packaging and moving around to get your guys. Itโ€™s going to be really hard to justify keeping the later guys on the team. Not to mention the poaching for other teams.ย 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

CB, IOL and WR in the first 3 picks.ย  The punter if he is available with the first 6th.

The rest will be BPAs with an eye on DB and OL and RB.

It's going to be hard for any rookie after the 4th making the 53 so that punter pick is probably OK to do.

Heck, I would even use the 2 - 6th rounders to go get Araiza if they like him a lot.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

CB, IOL and WR in the first 3 picks.ย  The punter if he is available with the first 6th.

The rest will be BPAs with an eye on DB and OL and RB.

It's going to be hard for any rookie after the 4th making the 53 so that punter pick is probably OK to do.

Heck, I would even use the 2 - 6th rounders to go get Araiza if they like him a lot.

I mostly agree. No way Beane drafts 8 players this year.ย  I expect at least a couple of the later picks to be used to move up in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, or to turn the 4th into a 3rd.ย  I'm counting on at least one late round pick being used on a punter, but probably not Araiza...I don't think we'll be punting often enough to justify more than a 6th rounder on this position and it will have to be someone who can hold for FGs, which Araiza has never done.ย  ย 

• Like (+1) 1

All I know is that the Bills better get more production out of their first two selections than they have the last couple of years. This is a solid playoff team now. They need to fill a hole or two, with a major contribution from a top rookie. Soโ€ฆtake the punter in Round One! (Kidding on that last part)

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

All I know is that the Bills better get more production out of their first two selections than they have the last couple of years. This is a solid playoff team now. They need to fill a hole or two, with a major contribution from a top rookie. Soโ€ฆtake the punter in Round One! (Kidding on that last part)

I mean Groot had a decent rookie season, and Boogie was coming along late. An immediate homerun would be nice, but only focusing on that is a great way to get struck out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

I think I might do our first mock draft next week.ย  I'm gone for a week in April and don't want people losing their mind if we don't run 3 of them

Yes please! Your mocks are best part of post FA offseason, esp. voting for Bills picks. Thank you in advance.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

I mostly agree. No way Beane drafts 8 players this year.ย  I expect at least a couple of the later picks to be used to move up in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, or to turn the 4th into a 3rd.ย  I'm counting on at least one late round pick being used on a punter, but probably not Araiza...I don't think we'll be punting often enough to justify more than a 6th rounder on this position and it will have to be someone who can hold for FGs, which Araiza has never done.ย  ย 

ย 

I can agree with everything you said.ย  If not Araiza then go after Stout with a 6th.

The main point we agree on, these later picks have almost zero chance of cracking the roster so go after "special teams" type players

or use those picks to move up.

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean Groot had a decent rookie season, and Boogie was coming along late. An immediate homerun would be nice, but only focusing on that is a great way to get struck out.

No argument on either of those guys in their limited roles but I find it hard to believe they canโ€™t find a true STARTER at a position of need. Iโ€™m beginning to think McD doesnโ€™t want them to start. Almost like a college coach would want freshmen to sit and learn for a season.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

ย 

I don't disagree, but some of it is also a function of the positions we drafted.ย  EDGE rushers typically take some time to develop, unless you're drafting a guy in the Top 10.ย ย 

34 minutes ago, SCBills said:

After Wildgoose and Anderson were poached, I hope they use those later picks (185, 203, 231) to move around the board in the middle rounds.ย  We need inexpensive talent and can't be wasting picks on guys who will get cut or poached.ย 

ย 

As it stands, give me CB, WR, IOL in the first 3 rounds.ย  Then with the remaining draft: OT, CB, RB, TE, LB, P are all options.

I think the league really needs to change how practice squad poaching works. If another team signs a guy drafted in the 7th round from our practice squad, we should get a compensation pick in exchange.

• Like (+1) 1

Bundling picks, trading up, and assuming all of your reduced number of picks will make the team seems as much hubris as logical.ย  Other than maneuvering for a QB, I like using all the picks and getting those players into the Bills camp and culling them after you've worked with them through camp.ย  Wouldn't you want to look at players extensively in your own system before eliminating them from consideration?ย 

ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

ย 

Agree but given the current state of the roster don't be surprised to see more 'luxury' picks or boom/bust project guys that will be inactive or see very limited snaps this year.

ย 

Just the reality of the situation unfortunately.

1 hour ago, PonyBoy said:

@Virgil When do you decide if you're going to do A Few Thoughts again this year?

Iโ€™d say Iโ€™m 90% sure Iโ€™m done with them. ย Iโ€™ll still post and do other things, but I think itโ€™s time. ย 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.