Breaking: Von Miller to bills, 6 year , 120 million

BillsMafi$

Anybody who hasn't already watched the Von Miller presser should really do so.

Highly, highly impressive. I'm blown away by how highly he speaks of Buffalo, saying it had to be something "really, really special" to pull him away from LA, how highly he speaks of Josh Allen, all of it. Great introduction. It just speaks absolute volumes about how real the culture is and how special what Beane and McDermott have built is.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FFadpecr said:

So far in free agency, the #1 Defense in football has added:

DE Von Miller
DE Shaq Lawson
DT Jordan Phillips
DT Tim Settle
DT Daquon Jones

...to a D-Line that already has:

DE Greg Rosseau
DE Boogie Basham
DE AJ Epenesa
DT Ed Oliver
DT Star Loutelelei

The Bills D-Line rotation is insane. They are 10-deep on the DL. All those guys will be fresh, especially for a late Super Bowl run.

No way we are keeping all those guys

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just thought I would drop this because of how many naysayers are out there or feel it's dangerous to the team going forward.

There are ways out if he hit's the wall which I don't expect soon. Reggie White was 31 when he signed in Green Bay. He played six years there. 

I'm ***** good with getting Von Miller!

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

So far in free agency, the #1 Defense in football has added:

DE Von Miller
DE Shaq Lawson
DT Jordan Phillips
DT Tim Settle
DT Daquon Jones

...to a D-Line that already has:

DE Greg Rosseau
DE Boogie Basham
DE AJ Epenesa
DT Ed Oliver
DT Star Loutelelei

The Bills D-Line rotation is insane. They are 10-deep on the DL. All those guys will be fresh, especially for a late Super Bowl run.

Minus:

DE Jerry Hughes

DE Mario Addison

DE Efe Obada

DT Harrison Phillips

DT Vernon Butler

DT Justin Zimmer

But the replacements are definitely upgrades!

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

No way we are keeping all those guys

Why not? We lost 6 guys and brought 5 guys in. We carried 6 DE's on the 53, we're at 5 now. We carried 5 DT's on the 53, we're at 5 now.

It's possible Star Lotulelei is a post 6/1 cut, but it's just as likely he'll stay IMO. Everyone else will be here.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

For what it’s worth, the Cover 1 guys mentioned in last night’s podcast that they’ve heard whispers of a Star Lotulelei retirement coming.

When asked in his presser about Star today, Coach McDermott gave a non-committal, vague response of “we’ll see how things go” or something to that effect.

Star retiring would certainly explain the mass influx of DT talent, and would allow them to draft a developmental 1T in the middle rounds.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

For what it’s worth, the Cover 1 guys mentioned in last night’s podcast that they’ve heard whispers of a Star Lotulelei retirement coming.

When asked in his presser about Star today, Coach McDermott gave a non-committal, vague response of “we’ll see how things go” or something to that effect.

Star retiring would certainly explain the mass influx of DT talent, and would allow them to draft a developmental 1T in the middle rounds.

I think the 6 DL we lost to FA (including 3 DT) would explain the influx of 5 DL (including 3 DT), without the need to invoke Star retiring.

McDermott is usually non-committal and vague except in the rare instances where he’s trying to send a message.  

I got pwn’d for doubting a media member’s sources already (hi @RyanTalbotBills) on the Jordan Phillips/Shaq Lawson re-signings - and I know the Cover1 guys do have some sources - so I should probably quit while I’m behind.  But the thing is, Joe B and others were speculating last off-season about Star retiring and yet, once mandatory activities came around, There He Was.  And from a member of the media, I was told that Star was not made available at the pressers last season despite multiple requests, so apparently he avoids talking to media where possible.  

So just where are these rumors coming from?  We’ve had Mitch Morse retirement rumors, he signed an extension.  We’ve had a rumor about Matt Milano being cut that supposedly came from Chris Brown.  

I don’t think it would be a surprise if Lotulelei is considering retirement.  I’m sure if he does retire, it would be a negotiation with the Bills what happens to his signing bonus and to his guaranteed money.  I also wouldn’t be surprised if having a guy who showed up at a playoff game wearing his jersey back to play next to him wouldn’t be an inducement.

I *think* Star retiring would be a Good Thing and yet….hasn’t this week been a bit of a “Fail” referendum on the Bills ability to develop DL talent in-house?  They need to draft or sign a replacement, and developing or signing keepers on DL (and OL) has not been a strong point to date.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

At 35 no one knows what he will be like. He could be (as one talking head loves to say) falling off a cliff then, or maybe just gets banged up and takes him a lot longer to recover. That’s why I said POSSIBLY for the third year, he also could be fine! I think for the Bills and where the team is it was a SMART signing.. I just don’t know if it gets you over the hump.. 

what hump?  KC?  We’re already over that hump.  We smoked them in their stadium in October and then our coach made one of the biggest blunders in football history to end our season.  It’s was a fluke tbh.  Replay those 13 seconds 100 times and we win 95- 98 times.  We’re right there with them and now look to be better.  If he’s healthy, Miller is going to be amazing in this system.  And he’ll play 60% of the snaps during the regular season while we keep him fresh for the playoffs. 

Money says we’re the number 1 team in the league.  Vegas

14 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

A fluke? Neither team had a D that game. It was horrible… wasn’t flukey but it was terrible D.. you could say Tre White back there it doesn’t happen or Miller gets to Mahomes next year would change that!! But definitely not flukey, just like my Pats stunk it up on D against the bills (in a much more amazing way lol) the bills D showed no fortitude against the Chiefs.

13 seconds was a fluke.  98% chance to win says fluke.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Von Miller Bills Jerseys just popped up on the Bills store, just grabbed an Away Jersey.

https://shop.buffalobills.com/collections/player_von-miller

Also on NFL.com.  Less expensive Nike jersey.  Better fitting one in my opinion.  Says “00”, but so does the Howard jersey, expect it to be 40.

Link

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.