Deshaun Watson trade down to 2 teams - Falcons & Saints

YoloinOhio

I recommend the Browns, you can win 10 games, make millions doing commercials, buy an old raft then float down the lake to Erie then retire

image.png.06db1c41d411aeb802088069bafe6893.png

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 1

I don't care where Watson goes really. AFC, NFC, the next massage parlor, wherever. The guy doesn't scare me or make me feel nervous about our team's chances in any way if he stays in our Conference. He's still going to be suspended for a chunk of the season. Look at Ben Ro. Look at Zeke. I'd say it will likely be no less than 8 games. Then he still has the Civil side of things to deal with where his deposition is going to be huge as far as his career goes. Personally, I think the guy is a slimeball and will get what he has coming to him in one shape or form. I wouldn't want him walking behind an elephant scooping up s*** at a circus, more or less as the starting QB of my football team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, cle23 said:

At this point,  that's what I'm hoping for.  Then get Matt Ryan to Cleveland for a couple years while grooming a young QB. Watson scares me with the baggage and potential suspension.  And hopefully deal Mayfield to Seattle since they alienated him. 

Matt Ryan’s arm in Cleveland 🤪

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

they just restructured Matt Ryan creating 55M in dead money to move on this off-season. 

to get a 10+ year starter is still worth trying to maneuver that but it would be nearly impossible even in our very flexible age of cap manipulation 

it’d be 90M to have to shift around in dead money from Ryan and salary for Watson. 

They have already done the math because they were not allowed to meet with Watson unless a trade was already agreed upon by Atlanta and Houston prior to the meeting.  

7 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

Did his best friend show you texts? if not I don't believe you.

Haha that made me literally laugh out loud 

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

They have already done the math because they were not allowed to meet with Watson unless a trade was already agreed upon by Atlanta and Houston prior to the meeting.  

Haha that made me literally laugh out loud 

it is possible that tweet is not 110% accurate. Not all are gospel. They may have given Watson the courtesy based on his interest in his home town and wanting to drive up other offers from the division rivals. Atlanta could be interested in the similar end game of hitting the Saints/panthers.

11 hours ago, NoSaint said:

kamara, Thomas and a top 10 defense? I’d put the Saints up there 

I can’t see the falcons. The Matt Ryan contract makes it utterly impossible, right?

Might Kamara and Thomas be part of a trade?

11 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Yeah I could see the Saints being a good location. But there is something about the Cleveland team that would makes me want to play there. If I couldn’t play on my favorite team (Bills), I’d like to play for a deserving fan base. 

For the AFC sake, I hope he does go to the NFC. Watson in Cleveland is scary, and would legitimately be a super bowl contender with that kind of rushing attack. 

Who cares if he's somewhere in the AFC?  He wouldn't even be the best QB in the AFC North.  I'm guessing he wants out of the Conference.  Saints.

Why are so many here worried about this guy?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Who cares if he's somewhere in the AFC?  He wouldn't even be the best QB in the AFC North.  I'm guessing he wants out of the Conference.  Saints.

kamara and Thomas would be highly unlikely. MT is heading the recruitment committee currently. 

id circle defensive names on the roster if speculating. CJGJ for instance. 

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

kamara and Thomas would be highly unlikely. MT is heading the recruitment committee currently. 

id circle defensive names on the roster if speculating. CJGJ for instance. 

I had heard Kamara and MT thrown out on a morning sports radio show.  Probably BS..

2 hours ago, H2o said:

I don't care where Watson goes really. AFC, NFC, the next massage parlor, wherever. The guy doesn't scare me or make me feel nervous about our team's chances in any way if he stays in our Conference. He's still going to be suspended for a chunk of the season. Look at Ben Ro. Look at Zeke. I'd say it will likely be no less than 8 games. Then he still has the Civil side of things to deal with where his deposition is going to be huge as far as his career goes. Personally, I think the guy is a slimeball and will get what he has coming to him in one shape or form. I wouldn't want him walking behind an elephant scooping up s*** at a circus, more or less as the starting QB of my football team.

I could not agree more. Watson is a sick degenerate and I’m sure most of his future teammates will recognize that.  Any team that trades a huge number of picks/players for him will live to regret it.

29 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

it is possible that tweet is not 110% accurate. Not all are gospel. They may have given Watson the courtesy based on his interest in his home town and wanting to drive up other offers from the division rivals. Atlanta could be interested in the similar end game of hitting the Saints/panthers.

I hear what you’re saying, but I don’t buy that.  Atlanta isn’t going to essentially throw Matt Ryan under the bus to just play games with Saints and Panthers, he’s one of that organizations greatest players ever.  

Additionally, there is no incentive to do that anyway because Houston already set the price, this isn’t a bidding war.  Teams either meet the price or don’t, and it’s because Watson has all the power here with his no trade clause.  In fact, giving up “more” hurts Watsons interest in said team as well because that’s the team he’s considering going to.  Teams are laying offers that meet the Houston criteria in compensation, and then Watson will pick from amongst that do.  

Let’s say Watson chooses Saints…Panthers coming back offering 5 first rounders wouldn’t change anything because Watson already declined to go there, giving Houston more compensation changes nothing.  So there is just no “game” for the Falcons to play here in affecting Panthers or Saints.

So, I can’t find any plausible scenario where Atlanta isn’t legitimately pursuing Watson or didn’t actually make an agreed upon trade offer to meet with Watson.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why would you want another top 5-10 qb in the afc as opposed to the nfc?  It’s not about being “worried”.   Why not root against another young star QB to stay in our conference…..the conference that is already loaded with young star QBs….meanwhile the other conference has 1 young (potential) star qb.  It’s a no brainer to prefer Watson to go to the NFC as a Bills fan or the fan of any AFC team.  

worried? No. 

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I had heard Kamara and MT thrown out on a morning sports radio show.  Probably BS..

realistically the below is your list when you filter out recent restructures, etc… and several are not particularly valuable, but could be throw ins if the GM of the texans liked them 

McCoy-CJGJ are a commonly mentioned pairing. Or CJGJ and turner/adebo 

Erik McCoy 
Paulson Adebo  
Payton Turner 
CJ Gardner-Johnson 
Cesar Ruiz 
Pete Werner 
Adam Trautman 
Ian Book 
Zach Baun 
Landon Young 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Mikie's Bills said:

For the love of god Houston send the man to the NFC

13 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

For the AFC sake, I hope he does go to the NFC. Watson in Cleveland is scary, and would legitimately be a super bowl contender with that kind of rushing attack. 

13 hours ago, billsherd said:

Send him too nfc that is all.

11 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

Please go to NFC.

11 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Just didn't want Watson in Miami.   

6 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Please, please, please, Not Cleveland!!!

Ncaa Football Please GIF by ESPN College Football

51 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Why would you want another top 5-10 qb in the afc as opposed to the nfc?  It’s not about being “worried”.   Why not root against another young star QB to stay in our conference…..the conference that is already loaded with young star QBs….meanwhile the other conference has 1 young (potential) star qb.  It’s a no brainer to prefer Watson to go to the NFC as a Bills fan or the fan of any AFC team.  

worried? No. 

These people seem worried.

If you're not worried about Watson, why is it a "no brainer" to root against him staying in the conference.  Makes no sense.  I'm not worried, so I don't care where he goes.  Makes sense.

He won't get past the Bills.

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

realistically the below is your list when you filter out recent restructures, etc… and several are not particularly valuable, but could be throw ins if the GM of the texans liked them 

McCoy-CJGJ are a commonly mentioned pairing. Or CJGJ and turner/adebo 

Erik McCoy 
Paulson Adebo  
Payton Turner 
CJ Gardner-Johnson 
Cesar Ruiz 
Pete Werner 
Adam Trautman 
Ian Book 
Zach Baun 
Landon Young 

I can't imagine why he would go to a crapfest like the Panthers.  The weather? lol.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If you're not worried about Watson, why is it a "no brainer" to root against him staying in the conference.  Makes no sense.  I'm not worried, so I don't care where he goes.  Makes sense.

I can't imagine why he would go to a crapfest like the Panthers.  The weather? lol.

Only thing that comes to mind is “hometown” as a Clemson guy. If looking for a softer landing spot to avoid drama… but New Orleans would give him the key to the city the day he shows up too so…

we will see. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

And whichever team trades for Watson will be giving up a ton of high draft picks and players for the right to make this degenerate the face of their franchise…not worried at all.

• Like (+1) 1

I gotta think it's going to be Carolina.

They have a solid D (played well against Allen).

They also have some weapons on offense.

I'd say it's going to cost 3 number one's, 3 number 2's and a player or two.

13 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Only thing that comes to mind is “hometown” as a Clemson guy. If looking for a softer landing spot to avoid drama… but New Orleans would give him the key to the city the day he shows up too so…

we will see. 

And soft media in charlotte too 

• Like (+1) 1