2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

46 minutes ago, NewEra said:

This has been said many times.  I think someone else actually made a thread about this just minutes ago…..even after this had been said many times.  

I would like to create a poll about how many times it will be said. Should I start a thread?

19 minutes ago, stuvian said:

who's going to make the first move between Lamar Jackson and the Ravens? I can't see the team going naked into his last contract year

There's a joke here about his mom being his agent and his naked contract, but I need more coffee...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

How many more chances will Mike Vrabel give Tannehill? The Titans will always be Miss Congeniality until they upgrade at QB.

Their window of opportunity is right now in Derrick Henry's prime. If I'm the GM, Mayfield is enough of an upgrade to give me a better chance

• Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

26 minutes ago, stuvian said:

How many more chances will Mike Vrabel give Tannehill? The Titans will always be Miss Congeniality until they upgrade at QB.

Their window of opportunity is right now in Derrick Henry's prime. If I'm the GM, Mayfield is enough of an upgrade to give me a better chance

How dare you slander Sandra like that 

2 hours ago, stuvian said:

who's going to make the first move between Lamar Jackson and the Ravens? I can't see the team going naked into his last contract year

Franchise tag and possibly another Franchise tag.  That gives you 2 or 3 more years with him and by that time, figure out if he’s going to be viable long term.  

sucks for Lamar, but that’s what happens when you’re a qb that relies on speed and athleticism to be 80% of his game.  Tough to guarantee a decent passing qb 45M+ long term imo.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Franchise tag and possibly another Franchise tag.  That gives you 2 or 3 more years with him and by that time, figure out if he’s going to be viable long term.  

sucks for Lamar, but that’s what happens when you’re a qb that relies on speed and athleticism to be 80% of his game.  Tough to guarantee a decent passing qb 45M+ long term imo.  

Is the franchise still the average of top 5? I don't think they would that with a number north of $40 million especially since the next year it jumps.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Is the franchise still the average of top 5? I don't think they would that with a number north of $40 million especially since the next year it jumps.

So?  He’s going to get a contract north of 40M and it’ll probably be somewhere along the lines of 120 gtd.  That’s 3 years your stuck on no matter what.  If he gets injured and can’t run as well, the contract is trash. 

He hasn’t been paid yet and there’s a reason for it

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

So?  He’s going to get a contract north of 40M and it’ll probably be somewhere along the lines of 120 gtd.  That’s 3 years your stuck on no matter what.  If he gets injured and can’t run as well, the contract is trash. 

He hasn’t been paid yet and there’s a reason for it

Those are valid points- especially the gtd money. I was thinking about spreading the hit but to do so hurts much more if he is hurt.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.