Amari Cooper traded to Browns

BillsMafi$

7 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I’ve always like Landry. Do you think he would be a good fit for the Bills? 

Outside of his cheap shot on Aaron Williams years ago, I would be on board. He is exactly what the offense could use out of the slot, especially if we walk way from Beasley and McKenzie. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i hear you. But they aren’t trading for him and then cutting him. In a few days, the browns are on the hook for $20M this year for Cooper as a base salary. Who would sign Cooper to a 1-year $20M salary? To me, the value isn’t there. Re-structure Landry, and draft a guy— that is a much wiser use of your money, IMO. 

I'd bet almost anything they restructure Cooper too, so I really doubt it'll be a $20 million hit this year. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, BobbyC81 said:

Interesting that, at the time, Gruden and his Raider friends were considered dumb by some for trading away both Mack & Cooper.  The teams that got them gave them huge contracts, went nowhere with them, and now both get traded for mediocre returns.

Now, they seem like the Sammy Watkins trade for Buffalo.  Get rid of a high priced guy who isn’t helping you win before he asks for a bigger new contract.

Quick, what was the records of the teams that traded for Mack and Cooper compared to the Raiders record over that span?

27 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

after all the belly aching with Gronk, i expect it to go over like a fart in church.... but yes absolutely. high effort, team first absolute culture and skill-set fit for this team. would be stoked on this if cle is looking for reasonable return... hard to ask too much for him when you just kind of set the market in trade for cooper

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Diggs is on our team and is a year removed from being the best WR in the league.........of course its my guy

I just mean, don't criticize one guy while declaring your guy a "leader" and talking him up when he literally did the exact same thing. Diggs in Minnesota was worse than anything Cooper did in Dallas. Diggs point blank said he was a bad teammate in Minnesota. 

• Disagree 1

Just now, cle23 said:

I just mean, don't criticize one guy while declaring your guy a "leader" and talking him up when he literally did the exact same thing. Diggs in Minnesota was worse than anything Cooper did in Dallas. Diggs point blank said he was a bad teammate in Minnesota. 

Cle have you even been paying attn to the antics of cooper over the years?

WHen you scream at your QB in the middle of a game (Dallas) come on man

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Cle have you even been paying attn to the antics of cooper over the years?

WHen you scream at your QB in the middle of a game (Dallas) come on man

That happens a lot. Diggs screamed at, ironically,  Kevin Stefanski on the sidelines the last year he was there. And he complained almost that entire year.  

Diggs seems to be a good dude. But it's always funny to see how hypocritical people are when it comes to guys on their team. 

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, FireChans said:

It was just a bad point.

Baker had a down year last year but is effectively on a 1 year deal this year. If he bounces back, you could do a lot worse than Baker. Bills fans should know this.

Even if he bounces back - he is what - the 3rd best QB in the division and now maybe the 8-9 best QB in the AFC?  That is assuming some of the younger QBs don’t jump over him.  You could do worse, but only slightly in the AFC.

He is in a TE-centric offense of Stefanski that has had a number of good WRs over the years in Minnesota and Cleveland and every time the WRs complain because of the offense.

Now they get a classic complainer at WR and have lost their top 2 and people expect Baker to become something he has never been.

The Browns will win games, but they will do it on the strength of running and TE play.  The QB and the WRs are essentially irrelevant in that scheme.

18 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Not even close, the Dallas Cowboys are the G.O.A.T.’s in the offseason. 

What I love most about this is now Copper is going to the offense Cousins was a big part of in Minnesota that ran WRs out before Stefanski left. 

The current Cleveland offense is going to have Cooper talking to himself from week 3 on when RBs and TEs rule the team and he gets 5-6 targets for 2-3 catches a game and at least 2 throws are not even close.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

He’d be a great fit for the Bills.  Exceptional locker room guy who will do whatever it takes on the field to win.

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Even if he bounces back - he is what - the 3rd best QB in the division and now maybe the 8-9 best QB in the AFC?  That is assuming some of the younger QBs don’t jump over him.  You could do worse, but only slightly in the AFC.

He is in a TE-centric offense of Stefanski that has had a number of good WRs over the years in Minnesota and Cleveland and every time the WRs complain because of the offense.

Now they get a classic complainer at WR and have lost their top 2 and people expect Baker to become something he has never been.

The Browns will win games, but they will do it on the strength of running and TE play.  The QB and the WRs are essentially irrelevant in that scheme.

It sounds like they’re also going WR early in the 1st.   Seems this is an all-in effort to make sure they know for sure what Baker is this year.  

15 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

after all the belly aching with Gronk, i expect it to go over like a fart in church.... but yes absolutely. high effort, team first absolute culture and skill-set fit for this team. would be stoked on this if cle is looking for reasonable return... hard to ask too much for him when you just kind of set the market in trade for cooper

hilariously funny?

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Okay they should get rid of Baker and go be the Jets. Good plan.

39 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

What I love most about this is now Copper is going to the offense Cousins was a big part of in Minnesota that ran WRs out before Stefanski left. 

The current Cleveland offense is going to have Cooper talking to himself from week 3 on when RBs and TEs rule the team and he gets 5-6 targets for 2-3 catches a game and at least 2 throws are not even close.

I am interested to see what Stefanski does with his offense if they continue to add quality to the WR room.  It never clicked with Baker and OBJ, but they did try to open it up somewhat.  It just didn’t work and people didn’t stay healthy.  IMO the Browns have to give Baker all the tools necessary to be successful this season so they can make a decision on him. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.