Bills sign 1yr camp deal with SJF

PromoTheRobot

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

If we happen to regress, this will hopefully be the last year there.  The drought coincided with the move to SJF.  Yeah, I’m a little superstitious

The drought ended in 2017.  The Bills were at SJF that year and in 2019.  You should just be a little stitious. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

If we happen to regress, this will hopefully be the last year there.  The drought coincided with the move to SJF.  Yeah, I’m a little superstitious

After the last couple of years, I really thought they would move it to OP permanently. Disappointing.

20 hours ago, NewEra said:

The drought was caused by cheap ownership and inept management ; not location of training camp. Brandon talked Bills into moving to Fisher, his alma mater, as part of his "regional marketing plan".

21 minutes ago, Georgie said:

The drought was caused by cheap ownership and inept management ; not location of training camp. Brandon talked Bills into moving to Fisher, his alma mater, as part of his "regional marketing plan".

Yeah…. I know.  

18 hours ago, Doc said:

The drought ended in 2017.  The Bills were at SJF that year and in 2019.  You should just be a little stitious. 

Yeah, I said it coincided with “the move” to SJF.  Meaning that the move to SJF could start another drought 

16 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

well I for one will be on the lookout for a certain, distinguished SJF alum whose talents include former Bills GM, current XFL League Presidente, yet another roadkill at PSE,  and played himself in the movie Draft Day: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft_Day

Look under the bleacher seating...🤨

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, I said it coincided with “the move” to SJF.  Meaning that the move to SJF could start another drought 

It's not a "move" to SJF.  It was a move to OP last year. 

Just now, Doc said:

It's not a "move" to SJF.  It was a "move" to OP last year.

Lol….it is a move.  They didn’t have a contract with them.  They’ve been in OP for 2 years…..they’re moving back.  But you’re welcome to think w/e you like

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Lol….it is a move.  They didn’t have a contract with them.  They’ve been in OP for 2 years…..they’re moving back.  But you’re welcome to think w/e you like

LOL! 

Bills already HAD a deal with the college for one more year but with COVID-19 preparations did not exercise it previous years.

Like they do with players the Bills negotiated with college on final year there and as part of deal they shortened it.

Bills do this a lot with players in last year of contract who they believe cost does not equal value obtained.

Unless you are someone who believes entire contract should be guaranteed I do not see what big deal is.

Unlike most topics on this board, I'm ambivalent on this issue. If I was GM I would just use the start of the art facilities in Orchard Park. I would let my team sleep in their homes. I dont care about building team chemistry when more than a third of the guys they bring to camp won't even be on the roster. 

But their is an undeniable fact that win or lose, the game is still just for entertainment. And for some fans, getting a glimpse of their favorite player up close is a memorable experience.  I went to Fredonia as a kid a few times. Never been to the camp in Rochester but from what is posted here, the team does a good job making it fun for the fans. 

Either way, just hope no player slips on a mat.

On 3/5/2022 at 4:09 PM, zow2 said:

I thought the same thing, lol.  We sucked all those years at SJF,  then got good as soon as they left that place.  Not sure why they didn't stick with what's working?!?  But I'm also superstitious about stuff.

Oh,please. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.