2022 return of the red helmet.

Greg S

I personally like the white helmet best but it looks like in 2022 teams can wear a 2nd helmet.

(18) uSTADIUM on Twitter: "Throw-BACK in 2022. The second-helmet rule will start this season and teams can now rock an extra helmet, which means we will see the return of the #Buccaneers Creamsicles, Pat the #Patriots and many more. Comment a throwback uniform you hope to see in 2022. https://t.co/CjVTZO9LMg" / Twitter

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BringBackFlutie said:

Ugh. We've known this. I thought you were saying the red helmet was definitely making an appearance. 

First I heard of it. I have nothing against the red helmet but to me the charging Buffalo "pops" more off the white helmet.

• Agree 10

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

I believe the Bills will be breaking out the red helmets this season for a couple games. I believe that's one of the reasons they switched to a white facemask this past year.

If they do wear the red helmet I hope they do it with the blue over white or white over blue. Red helmet with the all reds or blues would blow IMHO.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

If they do wear the red helmet I hope they do it with the blue over white or white over blue. Red helmet with the all reds or blues would blow IMHO.

Actually, I say wear it with the shite all reds, the uniform is shot that week anyways.

• Haha (+1) 8

18 minutes ago, Beast said:

I believe the Bills will be breaking out the red helmets this season for a couple games. I believe that's one of the reasons they switched to a white facemask this past year.

Try 1 maybe 2 games. Their current thing with the throwbacks is once maybe twice a year depending. My guess is they probably do a home game 90s themed with the Red and perhaps you get one away game they wear those digs. Otherwise teams are pretty protective of using their current look for brand regardless of fan input.

6 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Try 1 maybe 2 games. Their current thing with the throwbacks is once maybe twice a year depending. My guess is they probably do a home game 90s themed with the Red and perhaps you get one away game they wear those digs. Otherwise teams are pretty protective of using their current look for brand regardless of fan input.

JMO, but now that different colored helmets will be used, the floodgates will open with different unis, helmets, etc., ala the NCAA, all in the name of the almighty dollar.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.