Rams - opening game of season Bills / Cowboys most likely

CorkScrewHill

4 hours ago, BillsfaninChicago said:

I am about to be that guy. I really hope we don’t get that game. I would rather have those two extra days to prepare for our opener and it not be against the defending Super Bowl champs. Maybe I am just a little sensitive from losing to the Steelers at home in September.

I don't think we get the game either. I think it will be between the Cowboys, 49ers and Cardinals. With that said it probably would be in the Bills best interest to get the champs week 1. They could be suffering from a Super Bowl hangover. Plus you know Bills fans would takeover Sofi. Their probably would be more Bills fans then Rams fans at the game. Also going to LA in early Sept is still summertime. Bills fans could make a vacation out of it. Go to the beach and do others things besides going to the game.

Edited by Greg S

3 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

These predictions are always wrong.

I personally think an east team playing a west team doesn't draw all that well.

I think it will be SF.

I think we get the Jets week 1 for a 1:00 game. Probably at MetLife since we opened at home last year. Plus the Jets are always a safe pick. The Bills have opened against them more than any other opponent.

• Vomit 1

4 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I gotta feeling you might be wrong here… The scarcity of AFC-NFC match ups   doesn’t necessarily mean the NFL  “ dont like mixing it”… there are less opportunities for this to be the game given there are less numbers of these inter conference games to choose from in comparison to conference match ups..

The biggest indicator for the game to happen seems to be Buffalo being one of the few good non division games for LA and Dallas played last year opening night. Based off some stuff that came out yesterday it looks like the Bills are the front runner for those reasons to start opening night.

15 hours ago, Greg S said:

I don't think we get the game either. I think it will be between the Cowboys, 49ers and Cardinals. With that said it probably would be in the Bills best interest to get the champs week 1. They could be suffering from a Super Bowl hangover. Plus you know Bills fans would takeover Sofi. Their probably would be more Bills fans then Rams fans at the game. Also going to LA in early Sept is still summertime. Bills fans could make a vacation out of it. Go to the beach and do others things besides going to the game.

Decent points. I would probably be one of the fans visiting Sofi for the first time if that were to happen. I just tend to think Thursday games throw a curve ball on team performance. On the other hand I have a feeling the team is going to be chomping at the bit to get back out there and make a statement after this last season. 

8 hours ago, BillsfaninChicago said:

Decent points. I would probably be one of the fans visiting Sofi for the first time if that were to happen. I just tend to think Thursday games throw a curve ball on team performance. On the other hand I have a feeling the team is going to be chomping at the bit to get back out there and make a statement after this last season. 

I agree about the Thursday game throwing a curve ball when its coming off a short week. But Thursday week 1 isn't a short week. If the Bills win then they have 10 days until their next game. So playing on Thursday week 1 could be more of an advantage than disadvantage.

Edited by Greg S
  • Agree 1

On 2/23/2022 at 7:39 AM, Greg S said:

I agree about the Thursday game throwing a curve ball when its coming off a short week. But Thursday week 1 isn't a short week. If the Bills win then they have 10 days until their next game. So playing on Thursday week 1 could be more of an advantage than disadvantage.

It’s definitely an advantage if this is the Bills only TNF game. First it avoids the short game week since it is week 1. Second it gets the cross country trip out of the way on a Thursday without impeding on the next game week. A Sunday or Monday night game for Buffalo in LA would suck for the next week. 

On 2/22/2022 at 7:38 AM, Back2Buff said:

These predictions are always wrong.

I personally think an east team playing a west team doesn't draw all that well.

I think it will be SF.

The season opening game will draw well no matter what. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s definitely an advantage if this is the Bills only TNF game. First it avoids the short game week since it is week 1. Second it gets the cross country trip out of the way on a Thursday without impeding on the next game week. A Sunday or Monday night game for Buffalo in LA would suck for the next week. 

Agreed. West coast trip and then 10 days until the next game. Big advantage. I just think it will be the Cowboys, 49ers, or Cardinals who get the game. If the Bills do get it then I will try to get tickets. Make a nice vacation out of it as well as going to the game. That would make for a great trip.

It will be interesting to see how much of a factor JA17’s Playoff Explosion 💥 will be tempting enough to put Buffalo 🦬 on the NFL’s Opening Game extravaganza 🌈. I think it will. Cowboys played last year on opening night. Murray is acting like a spoiled B word who knows what will happen there, and SF is planning to trot out a QB that has never played before. JA17 is a great draw and brings an East Coast & AFC element. In theory a Bills/ Rams game would be a exciting shoot out. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Paul Costa said:

It will be interesting to see how much of a factor JA17’s Playoff Explosion 💥 will be tempting enough to put Buffalo 🦬 on the NFL’s Opening Game extravaganza 🌈. I think it will. Cowboys played last year on opening night. Murray is acting like a spoiled B word who knows what will happen there, and SF is planning to trot out a QB that has never played before. JA17 is a great draw and brings an East Coast & AFC element. In theory a Bills/ Rams game would be a exciting shoot out. 

I can definitely see the league trying to capitalize on the JA craze. He almost got more attention SB week than burrow or Stafford and there are more than a few analysts who claim they still think the Bills were the best team in the league last year even after the rams won it all. It all lines up to me which means it will be the Cowboys. 

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

Agreed. West coast trip and then 10 days until the next game. Big advantage. I just think it will be the Cowboys, 49ers, or Cardinals who get the game. If the Bills do get it then I will try to get tickets. Make a nice vacation out of it as well as going to the game. That would make for a great trip.

Be careful in Cardinals stadium on seats.  Some of the seats labelled partially obstructed have view blocked so much you cannot see field and video screens are partially obstructed.  Worst away game I was at and spent most of my time sitting in seats of people who were away to go get food, etc.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I can definitely see the league trying to capitalize on the JA craze. He almost got more attention SB week than burrow or Stafford and there are more than a few analysts who claim they still think the Bills were the best team in the league last year even after the rams won it all. It all lines up to me which means it will be the Cowboys. 

Sad but true 😔. If in fact it is the Cowboys I will be officially done trying to predict opening season games. 

As much as I hate it, I do understand the networks' love of the damn Cowboys and they are probably going to be the game on opening night.  That said, if actual football people are making the decision the Bills are a no-brainer.

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Be careful in Cardinals stadium on seats.  Some of the seats labelled partially obstructed have view blocked so much you cannot see field and video screens are partially obstructed.  Worst away game I was at and spent most of my time sitting in seats of people who were away to go get food, etc.

I would only go to LA and Sofi stadium if the Bills open there week 1. Won't be at the Cardinals game.

59 minutes ago, eball said:

As much as I hate it, I do understand the networks' love of the damn Cowboys and they are probably going to be the game on opening night.  That said, if actual football people are making the decision the Bills are a no-brainer.

From the thing I read from an LA reporter because Dallas played opening night last year they may not want to straight years and the NFL may not want to do that to them again. I think there is a far more legitimate chance it is Buffalo this year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.