Rather excited to have a new OC

78thealltimegreat

20 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

2) It's time for a fresh OC to take Allen & the Bills offense to the next level.

I don't mean to pick on you but your expectations are ridiculous.

Did you not watch the Bills the last month? Two games with no punts and a 36 spot in Arrowhead.

Please tell me, what exactly are you expecting? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

I will assume that you maintain autonomy with your boss at your job. Is that the way this works now? Cripes, McDermott is the boss and has the right to say and do anything he believes is the best for his team. No team has coordinators that cannot be overruled, or managed by the head coach. Neither does a corporation. Ultimately, if a boss fails then the entire staff is under fire. There is no situation where subordinates are not responsible to their boss.

We get that you don’t like McD. However, you can’t change the way these things work.

Not what I'm saying. As long as McDermott is gun-shy on offense there will be issues.

I've said he's improved let's hope he continues to.

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

Did you not watch the Bills the last month? Two games with no punts and a 36 spot in Arrowhead.

And of course there were many games where the offense seemed off. I need the number of threads this year about it. Yes those games were incredible, but Sunday vs KC and even Romo and Nantz questioned the offense had a few times. I can't help to think it had McDermott's fingerprints all over it.

• Agree 1

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Not what I'm saying. As long as McDermott is gun-shy on offense there will be issues.

Why do you say McDermott is gun shy on offense? I can point to a lot of situations where he was quite aggresive concerning 4th down calls this past season.

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And of course there were many games where the offense seemed off. I need the number of threads this year about it. Yes those games were incredible, but Sunday vs KC and even Romo and Nantz questioned the offense had a few times. I can't help to think it had McDermott's fingerprints all over it.

This is the NFL. There were many games where KC and the Ramos offense was off.

Fans expectations are unrealistic.

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

I believe that the two playoff games are more about Allen rising to the top then DaBoll's creating a great offensive scheme. Heck the last 10 minutes in KC with Allen single handily willing the team down the field was 100% Allen - not any special play calls IMO.

And again I respect what DaBoll accomplished here.  He deserves a lot of praise and a shot as a head coach.  But the Bills and Allen have reached the point where IMO DaBoll represented diminishing returns. So yes I think the change will be good for BOTH DaBoll and the Bills.

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I believe that the two playoff games are more about Allen rising to the top then DaBoll's creating a great offensive scheme. Heck the last 10 minutes in KC with Allen single handily willing the team down the field was 100% Allen - not any special play calls IMO.

And again I respect what DaBoll accomplished here.  He deserves a lot of praise and a shot as a head coach.  But the Bills and Allen have reached the point where IMO DaBoll represented diminishing returns. So yes I think the change will be good for BOTH DaBoll and the Bills.

We will agree to disagree. Brian Daboll deserves a lot of credit for what took place here the last few seasons.

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

We will agree to disagree. Brian Daboll deserves a lot of credit for what took place here the last few seasons.

All you have to do is watch the last TD to Davis to realize its as much scheme as it is execution.

Trips set with Diggs on the backside, Chiefs in two high, Davis in slot, Chiefs doubling Diggs most of the night, weak side safety looking to cut off any inside breaking routes to Diggs while the CB on Diggs will trail from the outside.  Putting Diggs on the backside allows the Bills to get better numbers front side, they will use 2 defenders on Diggs giving us one on one to the trips side.  Snap ball, weakside safety cheats to Diggs, Davis beat his man and the Strong Side safety can't cover that much ground when other threats are in his area as well.  Great execution, great design, takes two to tango.

Edited by bouds

2 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Yeah thank god a guy with a top 5 offense back to back years is gone.  What a relief 

The folks who are dancing on Daboll's grave will be singing a different tune when McD replaces him with some conservative, old fashioned, retread, or simply promotes some current Bills position coach without enough experience/intelligence to be the new OC.

There is a large contingent of Bills fans that seem to think every time an offensive play goes wrong, it is the OC's fault.

19 minutes ago, Beast said:

How much of the Bills the last month was Josh Allen ad libbing and how much was the result of brilliant play scheming?   

• Like (+1) 1

If I'm Beane I'm doing my best right now to make Dorsey the new OC and I want it done in a couple of days. Dorsey knows the system and probably has ideas on how to improve the output with some influence from Josh.

If I'm Dorsey, I'd rather take the OC job in Buffalo and have Josh as my QB instead of following Daboll to Jersey and trying to stop Daniel Jones from turning the ball over every other series.

Daboll is now gone, time to move on. Time to promote Dorsey.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The folks who are dancing on Daboll's grave will be singing a different tune when McD replaces him with some conservative, old fashioned, retread, or simply promotes some current Bills position coach without enough experience/intelligence to be the new OC.

There is a large contingent of Bills fans that seem to think every time an offensive play goes wrong, it is the OC's fault.

How much of the Bills the last month was Josh Allen ad libbing and how much was the result of brilliant play scheming?   

Well since i don’t sit on in meetings or meet with the coaches myself or anyone on here has no clue 

Edited by CaptnCoke11

15 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I think when you take the ball out of the best player's hands on two 3rd downs in a shootout it is the OC's fault. Do you disagree?

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

This team looks a bit different than in 2017 wouldn’t you say?

Mainly at QB1, WR1, and TE1, yeah, but what does that have to do with coaching hires?

It's going to look completely different on offensive coordinator side too.

Edited by bouds

8 minutes ago, bouds said:

Mainly at QB1, WR1, and TE1, yeah, but what does that have to do with coaching hires?

It's going to look completely different on offensive coordinator side too.

What does available talent have to do with coaching hires? Quite a lot I’d imagine. Or did you think quality coaches were going to be fighting each other at the chance to work with Tyrod Taylor?

5 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Daboll criminally overused JA’s legs on designed runs.

Josh Allen running with the football on a designed run is the single most dangerous thing we do on offense.  I've been saying that for 4 years now.

We can't run him enough!  It's his greatest asset.  If he gets hurt, so be it.  He's a big, tough guy.

Can't live in fear and have to do what you do best.

When we get down to the 5 yard line and closer, it should be ALL planned Josh runs as they are almost impossible to stop down there.

• Disagree 2

Uhh Don’t like it at all. This was the year to win a Super Bowl. Josh Allen will prove to be OC proof, but I like keeping the gang together as opposed to something new..

…I change my mind…. New offensive Coordinator will be Promised Land material!
Happens all the time

Daboll will suck in NJG

14 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

What does available talent have to do with coaching hires? Quite a lot I’d imagine. Or did you think quality coaches were going to be fighting each other at the chance to work with Tyrod Taylor?

In a world where Nate Hackett is now a head coach, I don't think it's talent attracting coaching candidates that I worry about, there are 32 jobs and plenty of talented people would try their hand, it's the cream of the crop actually getting a shot rather than the good old boys sticking together.  I mean you look at McDs hires on the O side early in his career, Cully/Castillo, it was just people he knew from the Eagles.  Daboll at least was out of his sphere.  Plenty of folks want to come here and run the O, we just need to make the right hire and that's not a given, seeing as how coaches like to stay within their sphere.

I'm also not saying it's going to be a bad hire, we don't know, so getting back to my original post, I like the known rather than the unknown.

Edited by bouds

I like Daboll for the most part.  Didn't agree with everything he did but overall I think he did a good job with Josh and the offense.  That said, I, too, am excited for a new OC.  My reasoning is that one of Josh's greatest talents has been his ability to absorb information and learn.  It seems it has gotten to the point where he has really mastered this offense.  With many quarterbacks I wouldn't want to mess with success when he knew the offense so well.  However, I think that if Josh has someone with a new perspective it will add to his database of knowledge.  It won't confuse him, he will just know more...which with his talent could be scary.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.