Rather excited to have a new OC

78thealltimegreat

12 minutes ago, bouds said:

In a world where Nate Hackett is now a head coach, I don't think it's talent attracting coaching candidates that I worry about, there are 32 jobs and plenty of talented people would try their hand, it's the cream of the crop actually getting a shot rather than the good old boys sticking together.  I mean you look at McDs hires on the O side early in his career, Cully/Castillo, it was just people he knew from the Eagles.  Daboll at least was out of his sphere.  Plenty of folks want to come here and run the O, we just need to make the right hire and that's not a given, seeing as how coaches like to stay within their sphere.

I'm also not saying it's going to be a bad hire, we don't know, so getting back to my original post, I like the known rather than the unknown.

Head coaches are a bit different than coordinators and position coaches. 

A lot of guys only get one chance at becoming a HC so they don’t have the luxury of being picky. We see coordinators and position coaches get jobs all the time. 

This team is drastically different than in 2017. I don’t think McD will have to scrape the bottom of the barrel and go with guys he knows. It’s a much more attractive job this time.

• Agree 1

I agree with that ^^ This is Josh’s team. If ANYONE on the coaching staff or roster is here longer than JA, that would be a tremendously good thing. I think at this point Allen can take on more of an offensive scheme/philosophy roll within the planning rooms. He’s pretty much done everything asked of him to become a great NFL quarterback. Next up, on the field, he’ll need to sense pressure in the pocket especially from the outside rushers who are coming from behind after Allen slides up, and become a boring ol’ pocket passer for 98% of his snaps. Career longevity should be a focus now. He literally has only one/two more years of trucking D lineman five times a game. (Hopefully none.) So a new OC and Allen’s hands-on involvement is the way this thing is headed. And I like it!

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Something tells me that’s more McD than Daboll…. Still believe he remains somewhat clueless offensively and trusts ball control and playing defense….with Josh Allen as his QB.😅

You may be right. That is the million dollar question.

45 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Josh Allen running with the football on a designed run is the single most dangerous thing we do on offense.  I've been saying that for 4 years now.

We can't run him enough!  It's his greatest asset.  If he gets hurt, so be it.  He's a big, tough guy.

Can't live in fear and have to do what you do best.

When we get down to the 5 yard line and closer, it should be ALL planned Josh runs as they are almost impossible to stop down there.

Like driving your car to the limit without care or maintenance.

Fun at the moment maybe but the recipe for a short lived experience,

Not worried about it. Maybe some new ideas would freshen up the O. 

No matter who ends up as coordinator, it all comes down to execution.

As smart as Josh is, wouldn’t mind see them speed up the pace and have him call his own plays similar to what Kelly did. 

i guess we'll see what happens in the end.   for me personally I think it can be a good thing.  I think Daboll was instrumental in the beginning helping

Josh get going and not overloading him.   But time and time again this season I think he held both Josh and the offense back in games.   I think to many times this year he became lackadaisical in game planning and scheme.   His red zone play calling for much of the season was abysmal.   I dont think he has a great grasp of 

utilizing all the talent that he has on offense.   Yes he had a couple great games in the playoffs but I also felt there were about 4 games he handicapped the offense and cost us wins through out the season.   Another thing is he could call a beautiful game, and then the next game all that creativity was gone.   Like he had a 

total lapse in creative thought.   I also felt there were games we went against the grain of what a teams defensive weakness was and tried to force something else which had poor results.  

Most coaches look a lot better when their QB looks good.   I think we seen that a lot with Daboll.  

Good or bad next season will provide us with some answers of how much was Josh and how much was Daboll

It will interesting for me to see how Josh Allen's maturity into a top franchise QB will be affected by the new OC.

Will Josh get a little more input than he may of had with Daboll?

Will the new OC have something new to teach Josh in reading defenses?

How much could Josh influence the new OC with plays he liked working with Daboll?

It seems to me an overall positive effect could be accomplished with the right hire but only time will tell.

Josh now doubt will go through a number of OCs in his career with the Bills.

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

It will interesting for me to see how Josh Allen's maturity into a top franchise QB will be affected by the new OC.

Will Josh get a little more input than he may of had with Daboll?

Will the new OC have something new to teach Josh in reading defenses?

How much could Josh influence the new OC with plays he liked working with Daboll?

It seems to me an overall positive effect could be accomplished with the right hire but only time will tell.

Josh now doubt will go through a number of OCs in his career with the Bills.

which...as long as they hire good OC's u have to believe that it makes Josh a much more rounded QB knowledge wise.    its like learning more than one 

martial art in combat.   during a fight you pull from the strength of each art you have learned. 

1 minute ago, Comebackkid said:

which...as long as they hire good OC's u have to believe that it makes Josh a much more rounded QB knowledge wise.    its like learning more than one 

martial art in combat.   during a fight you pull from the strength of each art you have learned. 

It would be my hope.  While I do believe Dorsey could become a top OC his coaching experience revolves 100% around the Bills and Panthers.

I guess he deserves the chance if he takes it but some new blood with new ideas may not be a bad thing.

Anyone that watched our 2 playoff games and wanted a new OC after that can't be taken seriously as a human being. Literally 2 of the best offensive performances in post season history. You don't get better than that. If you think the offense will improve next year I have a bridge to sell you

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It would be my hope.  While I do believe Dorsey could become a top OC his coaching experience revolves 100% around the Bills and Panthers.

I guess he deserves the chance if he takes it but some new blood with new ideas may not be a bad thing.

I agree with this.  You take NE and they can afford to plug and play anyone just about because they have seen pretty much everything and not much changes 

(the knowledge is already in the building)...   but with the Bills I think they are still in a learning phase and can benefit from knowledge from sources outside of 

their little circle so far.   As far as the whole Carolina thing, its like the US splitting from Great Britian.   If you want to become your own person  (team..country)  you need to find your own foundation..ideals ...players..coaches...philosophies.   

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

Anyone that watched our 2 playoff games and wanted a new OC after that can't be taken seriously as a human being. Literally 2 of the best offensive performances in post season history. You don't get better than that. If you think the offense will improve next year I have a bridge to sell you

Josh Allen

• Like (+1) 1

Offensive coordinators ride with their QBs.  Look at Andy Reid as an offensive HC.  He was good but not "great" until Mahomes came along.  With Josh's success, it was inevitable that we would lose Daboll.  We will have to wait and see what the new OC brings to the table but I have every confidence that our offense will be successful as long as we have Josh and receivers that can get open and catch the ball.  If we have a better running game as well...that's just frosting on the cake.

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

6 points against the worst team in football says we definitely can be more consistent why did it take to the second half of the Tampa game to realize Motor Singletary is on the roster? 

I do think there was somewhat of a disconnect between Daboll and McD.  Often when we'd lose McD implied there wasn't enough running plays called and most posters seemed to be in agreement and the fire Daboll threads would start.   Then other weeks, like the KC game, it seemed there were too many running plays called.  I know McD has often stated that we don't need to run more, but just need the threat to run.

Makes me wonder if it was somewhat of a case of the thought going through Daboll's mind.  "Need to call some running plays here to get the boss off my back"  In that respect having someone new may be better if they are more aligned.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.