McKenzie Talks 13 seconds

cv05

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

This is a team that needs speed and they're likely going to let this fella walk? And they kept Davis off the field for much of the season. Really curious asset management.

I'd be pissed too if I had to play for a dumb coach. This coaching staff marginalized Gabe mid season. The sat on a healthy Bates while players like Ford, Boettger and Mongo struggled. McKenzie has proven (at 6 years younger than Beas) that he is faster and more than capable of playing the slot.  If they let Isaiah walk they're just as stupid as we witnessed that last 13.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

This is a team that needs speed and they're likely going to let this fella walk? And they kept Davis off the field for much of the season. Really curious asset management.

Not picking on your post per se, more of a general reply to how McKenzie gets a bit over hyped around here.  He is a journeyman WR who has one big game against the Pats and suddenly he is invaluable asset around TSW.   

Look, I like McKenzie, but he is an undersized WR who has really only one asset...speed.  He is not a polished router runner (Cole is an elite route runner), he doesn't have anywhere near the same hands Cole has, and he doesn't get tough yards like Cole.  He either beats you with speed and or he doesn't factor in.  He is capable of making big plays for sure, but lets not act like this guy is a pro bowler (not saying you are, the boards over all sentiment about this guy) that has been kept in the background for no reason.  

He also has a history of fumbling issues.  NFL scouts and GM's know who he is, yet no one offers him anything when he is a FA and he comes back here cheap every year.  Believe we even signed him off a PS.  

Cole Beasley has been the starter because he is quite frankly the best 3rd down WR in the game and one of the best overall slot WR's.  Its not like Mckenzie has been sitting behind a scrub.  

I would like to keep his speed here too, but I am also not losing sleep if he isn't back.  What he brings to the table is one dimensional, and I am confident we can replicate that in free agency or the draft in the event he doesn't come back.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The same guy who was begging for Beane to sign him last year is leaving because he was benched after he fumbled. In my opinion that better then being traded like the Broncos did to him. And if he’s upset because he was benched for a fumble I doubt he’s headed to New England. 

If Beane called his agent and said listen we’re dropping Beas and we want Lil Dirty to fill his roll, he’d sign in an instant.  If we’re keeping Beas though I understand him wanted to look around. 

For anyone that wants to skip to the 13 second comments listen to 14:00 - 19:00.

He said players got no explanation and he couldn't believe what happened.  He even said something along the lines of "I couldn't believe they got that many yards soo quick, then I look at the defense and I'm like oh yeah, that's why."

Now I am not saying the game was thrown, I'm not saying that, but considering the legalized gambling and how huge it is, if there ever was an instance the league would investigate/audit a coach for throwing a game just from a due diligence and integrity stand point this would be it -- it was that mind boggling bad you have to question if it was intentional.

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Eyeroll 2

2 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

For anyone that wants to skip to the 13 second comments listen to 14:00 - 19:00.

He said players got no explanation and he couldn't believe what happened.  He even said something along the lines of "I couldn't believe they got that many yards soo quick, then I look at the defense and I'm like oh yeah, that's why."

Now I am not saying the game was thrown, I'm not saying that, but considering the legalized gambling and how huge it is, if there ever was an instance the league would investigate/audit a coach for throwing a game just from a due diligence and integrity stand point this would be it -- it was that mind boggling bad you have to question if it was intentional.

Definitely not intentionally thrown, but that a player thinks what McKenzie said - out loud - is just so damning.  If Frazier doesn’t get a HC gig and we keep him, I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibilities that some players tune out the coaching staff.  ….like an ex-Vikings player said they did in Minnesota. 

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Definitely not intentionally thrown, but that a player thinks what McKenzie said - out loud - is just so damning.  If Frazier doesn’t get a HC gig and we keep him, I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibilities that some players tune out the coaching staff.  ….like an ex-Vikings player said they did in Minnesota. 

But that's McDs call at the end of the game, not Frazier.  McD called the TOs and that's his say what we do. And after the first 20 yards he didn't change it up, went right back to the well.

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Legit question:  Did you take any classes, or study, read a book or anything on how to come up with terrible hot takes and utter nonsense?  Its uncanny with you.  One after another.  Thread after thread.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Legit question:  Did you take any classes, or study, read a book or anything on how to come up with terrible hot takes and utter nonsense?  Its uncanny with you.  One after another.  Thread after thread.

If you don't think the NFL should take any due diligence for games in regards to gambling now that it is legalized, then you are just sticking your head in the sand.  Players and refs in professional sports have been caught even before it was wide spread legalized. 

Like I said, I don't think he did and I am not saying he did.  But the handling of the game was so poor in that 13 seconds that if the NFL did investigate/ audit players and coaches that performance would trigger a closer look,  it was that bad.  That horrible.  

Not everyone grabs a pair of pom poms and mindlessly heaps praise at the team. 

Edited by ArtVandalay

4 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

But that's McDs call at the end of the game, not Frazier.  McD called the TOs and that's his say what we do. And after the first 20 yards he didn't change it up, went right back to the well.

We’re not firing McDermott.  

Do we know that was his call?  I think he had to be involved, of course, but is McD calling the timeouts to give Leslie a look or is he taking them and then deploying his own defensive call usurping Frazier? 

Regardless, Frazier isn’t changing his stripes and his defense doesn’t work against good teams, even with the talent he has.  

Telling these dudes to listen to McDermott and Frazier again this off-season/next year would have me roll my eyes at times as a player.  You can’t tell me they didn’t lose some semblance of trust in that locker room…

Just now, SCBills said:

We’re not firing McDermott.  

Do we know that was his call?  I think he had to be involved, of course, but is McD calling the timeouts to give Leslie a look or is he taking them and then deploying his own defensive call usurping Frazier? 

Regardless, Frazier isn’t changing his stripes and his defense doesn’t work against good teams, even with the talent he has.  

Telling these dudes to listen to McDermott and Frazier again this off-season/next year would have me roll my eyes at times as a player.  You can’t tell me they didn’t lose some semblance of trust in that locker room…

If McDermott as a defensive head coach called TOs prior to each of those plays and didn't have control over what we were doing defensively, that's even more reason to fire him.  Of course it was his call. It's his call to make what they do there, he's the head coach. If he's not making the call that's worse lol

I'm not not one to usually hit the panic button, but if I.K TRULY doesn't know what happened. When he is the "Adam S." of team news, then that tells me there is probably a lot of guys that don't know. 

Things could go south quickly next season if things don't fall a certain way. 

• Agree 1

Just now, ArtVandalay said:

If you don't think the NFL should take any due diligence for games in regards to gambling now that it is legalized, then you are just sticking your head in the sand.  Players and refs in professional sports have been caught even before it was wide spread legalized. 

Like I said, I don't think he did and I am not saying he did.  But the handling of the game was so poor in that 13 seconds that if the NFL did investigate/ audit players and coaches that performance would trigger a closer look,  it was that bad.  That horrible.  

Oh stop.  Don't say "I don't think he did" while at the same time floating he might have.  

This is an absurd line of discussion.  You do realize Kelce was mic'd up and called his own route change based on Fraziers defensive call and Mahomes confirmed the change at the LOS before hiking it right yelling "Do it Kelce, Do it"?

So wouldn't that mean Frazier would have had to been in cahoots with Kelce, otherwise how could he know Kelce would audible his own route to exploit the formation?  I mean how could Frazier give them a gimme if he wasn't aware Kecle was going to change his route to take advantage?  

Oh wait, I got it...thats why Kelce was "mic'd up" because Frazier was tapped into his hot mic being they were in cahoots!  Thats it.  Nailed it.  🙄

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Oh stop.  Don't say "I don't think he did" while at the same time floating he might have.  

This is an absurd line of discussion.  You do realize Kelce was mic'd up and called his own route change based on Fraziers defensive call and Mahomes confirmed the change at the LOS before hiking it right yelling "Do it Kelce, Do it"?

So wouldn't that mean Frazier would have had to been in cahoots with Kelce, otherwise how could he know Kelce would audible his own route to exploit the formation?  I mean how could Frazier give them a gimme if he wasn't aware Kecle was going to change his route to take advantage?  

Oh wait, I got it...thats why Kelce was "mic'd up" because Frazier was tapped into his hot mic being they were in cahoots!  Thats it.  Nailed it.  🙄

Critical thinking, risk management, and controls not a strong point with you it seems...

Controls are not accusations.  Controls are in place to limit risk and capture activity you are trying to limit. 

If the league has controls in place for auditing/ investigating games in regards to potential behavior in relation to gambling, the coaching staff's actions and decisions were so poor and so horrible it would trigger the control. 

I don't think he threw the game. But the decision making is so horrible and so blatantly terrible if you had a control for investigating a coach for throwing a game you would be looking at this.

The defense called was so horrible and was the only reason KC had any chance what so ever.  It was downright negligent.

I don't think the game was thrown. I just think the coaching staff was negligent. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.