Jags Finalizing deal with Byron Leftwich [Edit: Or Not]

BuffaloBillyG

Just now, Motorin' said:

This is a good move for Klahn Town... Also makes me wonder if it give Brady more reason to retire not wanting to install a whole new offense?

Arians said yesterday that he would call plays. I would imagine they promote from within and keep the same system. A lot of what they had in place was reportedly implemented at Brady's suggestion. I don't think it factors in that much.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Brady is not retiring.  He just wants to create leverage without threatening to leave the team. 45 has been the long term goal, he'll be back. 

I think pulled a Michael Scott as Florio suggested. Everyone thinks Friday is his last day and he leaves Thursday to avoid the hoopla around him.

Man in the Arena aired this year. 

He's suddenly talking about retiring when last year there was no doubt after the SB win. 

His TB12 social media feeding the buzz. 

Giselle's social media posts about "enjoying things one last time"

Brady saying that his family will be a major part of the decision (what, to keep playing when Giselle has tried to get him to retire for years now?)

The NE ESPN guy put it out there first, along with a former Pats teammate of Brady. It was "speculation" from the same guy who called Brady to Tampa when that seemed very unlikely. 

Most of all, Brady said multiple times, including on his podcast Monday, that he does not want a "farewell tour" like Jeter had. So maybe he said 45 so nobody would suspect this was his last year. 

Maybe even more important than all of the above, he almost had one more "magical moment" but showed he can still play. That could easily not be the case come middle of next season, and he knows his body better than anyone. Eventually it all adds up, and he does not want to be mired in mid October with a nagging injury and playing like crap, and going out like that. 

That is WAY more likely than a repeat of his performance this season. Tampa's schedule was a joke this year, but next year it's freaking brutal. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

6 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Not liking the shift in momentum of reports... 

Get this done Jags! 

This is typically where Schefter send a Tweet like this that is more times than not being used by 1 side for leverage.

Reading this, makes me wonder more if it's coming from the Jags to pressure Leftwich to sign quickly. Also wonder if Eberflus and Schefter share an agency.

• Like (+1) 1

Also, talk about a 180 from the lunatic dictator Urban Meyer!

LOL 

Leftwich would have plenty of time to get himself established there, plenty of good will. 

Just now, Bangarang said:

The hire makes sense but this round of HC candidates has been so underwhelming. 

Yup. About 1/2 HC the coaches in the NFL aren't really that good. 

Teams are interviewing offensive assistants who haven't even been coordinators for HC jobs just because they work in a room with a good QB. 

Then you've got the Eagles coach mumbling on about dirt and roots and flowers. It's freaking hilarious that he is a HC. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.