Chief Fans Make Donations to Childrens Hospital

BuffaloBillyG

Very cool.

Some of my Bills fan friends think KC/Mahomes will be an obstacle that really holds us back.  But I see it as a rivalry that we'll enjoy for many years.  I could see us matching up against them in the playoffs many times, as I'm sure many here can.

I love that. After years in the wilderness, we're now one of the headliners. We'll get our share against that team, and when all is said & done, it could go down as one of the NFL's great rivalries.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

How cool is it that fans get digs in by supporting other cities' charitable foundations with certain dollar amounts?

Hey, I'm going to rub our win in a bit by buying your grandmother a new lawnmower! A rider! Then I'm getting your kid a new bike. TAKE THAT!

I think this stuff is great... it's all in good fun, and it helps people in the end. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, buffalostu2 said:

If it were $17 it might be a nice gesture, but $13 feels like shot at us doesn't it?

One could argue that some of the donations our fans have made have been out of spite or to take a dig at someone else as well.

End of the day, the money helps. And it's nice to see the donations stay in our area for a change.

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

How cool is it that fans get digs in by supporting other cities' charitable foundations with certain dollar amounts?

Hey, I'm going to rub our win in a bit by buying your grandmother a new lawnmower! A rider! Then I'm getting your kid a new bike. TAKE THAT!

I think this stuff is great... it's all in good fun, and it helps people in the end. 

Can't wait to return the favor... Oh we won by 10. Here's 10 bucks for pediatric cancer you jerks!

Edited by Motorin'
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Success said:

Very cool.

Some of my Bills fan friends think KC/Mahomes will be an obstacle that really holds us back.  But I see it as a rivalry that we'll enjoy for many years.  I could see us matching up against them in the playoffs many times, as I'm sure many here can.

I love that. After years in the wilderness, we're now one of the headliners. We'll get our share against that team, and when all is said & done, it could go down as one of the NFL's great rivalries.

In some ways it can be both.  Mahomes hasn't been the most consistent QB this past season, but when he's on, with all the weapons KC possesses, he certainly does act as an obstacle that must be overcome.  The rivalry thing is also real.  It could be fun to watch for a number of years, if Buffalo can get past the KC/Mahomes obstacle in some of those years.  Mahomes/KC is not the only potential obstacle.  Justin Herbert still might develop into an elite QB of the caliber of Mahomes and Allen.  I don't know that he has quite the mobility/escapability of Mahomes/Allen but he has a real nice skill set.  So too does Joe Burrows, though Burrows merely has a good arm versus a rocket launcher like Mahomes/Allen.

• Agree 2

36 minutes ago, buffalostu2 said:

If it were $17 it might be a nice gesture, but $13 feels like shot at us doesn't it?

I think it identifies the fanbase contributing as did $17 for #17  Im fine with it but it is/could be seen as snarky I get it.

Edited by muppy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.