Great game from KC fan

reroka

33 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

IIRC, Brady did the same thing to Mahomes when the Pats scored on the first OT possession in 2018…glad he’s passing it forward to Allen at least. 

Hopefully the Bills will follow the same trajectory as the Chiefs did from 2018 to 2019.

• Agree 1

I never understood this obsession people have as fans of a team they watch to come in and condescend to fans of other teams (both positive and negative) after games as if they were on the field and had anything to do with it.  We know we have a good young QB and will have opportunities but I don't need validation from other fans of a team with a good young QB to tell me that.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Don’t worry about it, you did nothing wrong.  Was maybe the best playoff game in decades, possibly ever, and someone had to lose.  It is what it is.  Congrats on the win, two best QBs in the NFL were on the field last night.  

I leave that game confident in the fact that Allens time is coming and coming soon.  Which is more than we have had for 20+ year stretch.  

That loss stings and sucks, but we are built to be around a while, and with Allen only 25 we have a lot to look forward to.

Mr fiancé is a Niners fan, so now I have to root for them.  I told her going from rooting from Allen to Jimmy G is like trading in your Ferrari for a used Honda stick shift with a bad clutch that slips.  She agreed haha.   

That's great.

The Niners are winning in spite of Garoppolo.

7 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

I never understood this obsession people have as fans of a team they watch to come in and condescend to fans of other teams (both positive and negative) after games as if they were on the field and had anything to do with it.  We know we have a good young QB and will have opportunities but I don't need validation from other fans of a team with a good young QB to tell me that.  

I feel the same.  Not gonna trash this OP personally.  Not sure what his real motivation is for coming by here.  Maybe he really was impressed with the Bills, has some empathy, and just wanted to share it with us.   But it sure does feel like rubbing salt in the wound when you're on the losing side of the experience.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Billl said:

When Buffalo scored with 13 seconds and I thought the game was over, I wasn’t even that upset.  It was the first time I’ve ever felt genuinely happy for the other team and their fans, and I was prepared to pull for Buffalo the rest of the way.  Obviously I’m glad it didn’t end there, but I will be happy for Buffalo when you inevitability win a Lombardi.

We are never winning a Lombardi. I told my sad daughter that is what my 50 years (I'm 60 now) of Bills fandom looks like in one game. Also, F off. 

Edited by BMWR100RT
  • Like (+1) 1

I thank you sir for your classy post, hell even classy is putting it lightly given some of the things I've read. As Bills fans, we've endured a ton and I'd like to think it's made us stronger as a fanbase. Make no mistake about it, both Mahomes and Allen run this league. All the talk about Allen regressing was flushed down the toilet after the last 2 games. Blue and red will rule the AFC for years to come. Major props and thank you

• Like (+1) 1

i wouldn't have wanted to hear from op last night, but this morning i was ready for the consolation. I don't hate the chiefs like i have hated the pats for several years. im not rooting for them or anybody else. they've had too much success to jump on the bandwagon. but I won't be too upset no matter which of the 4 remaining teams take the lombardi. 

cheers, op

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

That's great.

The Niners are winning in spite of Garoppolo.

Yeah, I mean at times during games you just sit and wonder if he is about to be benched.  Then all of a sudden he will hit someone who makes a big play like Deebo who is amazing after the catch guy.  

If the Niners had a better QB, not even an elite one, just a better QB, they would be dangerous.  Wouldn't surprise me to see someone like Matt Ryan end up there this offseason.  I know they drafted their future, but Lance is clearly not ready yet and has actually been worse when filling in for Jimmy so far.  

Then again, if Lance is showing he is close, maybe they just move on from Jimmy then go sign a FA like Trubisky who is fairly mobile himself to compete with Lance or back him up that can run similar offense to what they would install with Lance (factoring in QB mobility).  

Either way, Niners fans are counting the minutes until the Jimmy G era is over.  Even if they somehow win the SB with Jimmy G, they are ready to move on because like you said, they are winning in spite of him, not so much because of him.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

I feel the same.  Not gonna trash this OP personally.  Not sure what his real motivation is for coming by here.  Maybe he really was impressed with the Bills, has some empathy, and just wanted to share it with us.   But it sure does feel like rubbing salt in the wound when you're on the losing side of the experience.

I am being 1000000% honest and 1000000%  impressed with the bills and I mean every word when I say the bills time is coming with JA at QB.

I am not one who comes in to ***** talk. 

It easy for me to say this because we won, but I would have been just as happy if the bills won because how epic that game was.

If you do not think I mean it, go to Chiefsplant and see I posted under Best National Media Tears Official Thread. 

I hope to see you next year.

1 hour ago, buffalo2218 said:

I thank you sir for your classy post, hell even classy is putting it lightly given some of the things I've read. As Bills fans, we've endured a ton and I'd like to think it's made us stronger as a fanbase. Make no mistake about it, both Mahomes and Allen run this league. All the talk about Allen regressing was flushed down the toilet after the last 2 games. Blue and red will rule the AFC for years to come. Major props and thank you

Totally agree,

Allen has come in to his won and you are sooo right. Mahomes and Allen runs this B word for the next 12 to 15 years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, reroka said:

I am being 1000000% honest and 1000000%  impressed with the bills and I mean every word when I say the bills time is coming with JA at QB.

I am not one who comes in to ***** talk. 

It easy for me to say this because we won, but I would have been just as happy if the bills won because how epic that game was.

If you do not think I mean it, go to Chiefsplant and see I posted under Best National Media Tears Official Thread. 

I hope to see you next year.

Yep.  And that's why I didn't attack you personally.  Thanks for the kind words.  If we lash out at you, it's because we are hurting and trying to lick our wounds for a bit.  

And I'll say, for as good as Josh Allen was last night, Mahomes was every bit as great.  His ability to magically escape the rush and extend plays in the first two quarters were probably the difference in the game.  Our D actually played well in the first half IMO.  Good pressure.  Solid coverage.  Mahomes just kept barely eluding their grasp and then showing off his wheels and tremendous accuracy.  He basically wore us out and we had nothing left in the tank when we needed it most.  Guy is an all-time great for sure.  Same with Kelce and Hill (as much as it pains me to say it).  Those guys are just All-World talents that can break a defensive gameplan - no matter how well devised.

3 hours ago, reroka said:

I am bowing out of this.

I did not mean to cause a stir. My apologies. 

Good luck, maybe I will come back in a week or so to talk some football.

It's a tough one for some fans when the emotions are still fresh, but I definitely appreciate the thread & the sentiments.

It was a hard fought game between 2 great teams and 2 amazing QB's.  I wish sports fandom didn't get so weird that a thread like this wouldn't be welcome by some.  It's a cool gesture.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, reroka said:

Good morning all,

Much respect on that game, you all have a great team and a great QB. The future games between these two are going to be epic.

I hope and pray you all are back here next year, and pray that your team stays healthy. Again great game guys, much respect.

I was at the game and I have to say that you chief fans are first class! Thank you chief kingdom for an amazing experience. Good luck the rest of the way!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

It's a tough one for some fans when the emotions are still fresh, but I definitely appreciate the thread & the sentiments.

It was a hard fought game between 2 great teams and 2 amazing QB's.  I wish sports fandom didn't get so weird that a thread like this wouldn't be welcome by some.  It's a cool gesture.

Sports is a zero sum proposition.  That’s what makes it so great and so awful.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, reroka said:

Good morning all,

Much respect on that game, you all have a great team and a great QB. The future games between these two are going to be epic.

I hope and pray you all are back here next year, and pray that your team stays healthy. Again great game guys, much respect.

All due respect, we handed the game to you guys, and full marks to you for taking it.  See you next year, hopefully in Buffalo this time.

I will be disappointed if KC doesn't win it.    Mahomes and that offense are incredible and despite a few loud mouths, overall  I have had a good experience with Chiefs fans. 

If KC does win it all,  it validates our thought that the Bills would've won SB if they decided to play any D in the last 13 seconds.  Not sure if that will make me feel better or worse when the champion is crowned .

17 minutes ago, Reks Ryan said:

I will be disappointed if KC doesn't win it.    Mahomes and that offense are incredible and despite a few loud mouths, overall  I have had a good experience with Chiefs fans. 

If KC does win it all,  it validates our thought that the Bills would've won SB if they decided to play any D in the last 13 seconds.  Not sure if that will make me feel better or worse when the champion is crowned .

I dont, I hope whoever beats us loses horribly the next week.

I get not loving hearing from opposing fans and all but I had to come on here and say that Josh Allen is a baller and I will be shocked if y'all don't get a title during his tenure.  I know that everyone I've spoken to today here in KC has raved about how impressed they were with Allen.  Quite honestly, I've never heard us (Chiefs Kingdom) talk about an opposing player with such reverence.  He won the respect and admiration of an entire opposing fan base last night.  Do you know how difficult that is to accomplish?  Good luck moving forward but as a Chiefs fan, I'm worried about one team for the next decade and that team is the Bills.

1 hour ago, Woodman19 said:

I dont, I hope whoever beats us loses horribly the next week.

I usually think that way too.    And there's no way I could cheer for one of our Division rivals.  It's just that  in this case, we lost because of great play from the opponent more than the Bills screwing up.  Yes I know the coaching strategy in last 13 secs was brutal.   But still the Bills played an amazing game.   

It's not so much  that I am rooting for  Mahomes and Reid to win their 2nd SB in KC.  I would just be disappointed if they lost after beating Bills when they were at the top of their game

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.