Provide you(r) own Hot Take Monday [edit]

WhitewalkerInPhilly

Out of Control Andy allows for players to eye gouge, punch, and kick during games.  Allowing for what he'd allowed for players to do in Philly without reining them in.  With all due respect no wonder why he had no control over his children and why so many reports made their way out of player misconduct.  As it is Buffalo achieved more and needed Tre White and it showed what he brought.  NFL has spoken and it's okay if eye gouges, punches, and kicks are thrown by the Cheating Chiefs.  KC fans hate him after his son got drunk and killed a little girl on a DUI but he wins so all is forgiven.  

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

We'll bump this in 3 years when we're wondering why we haven't won yet.   

Oh thats fine.  I am not telling you I am 100% sure theyll win one.  I just dont understand the logic of being 100% sure they wont and wasting any part of your life on it.  You only get so much time in life, why waste it being miserable about something that makes you miserable?

Obviously, the D was awful yesterday.  The 13 second drive was abject misery.  

But if we let Frazier go, who do you replace him with?

Frazier coordinated the #1 defense in the NFL.  Do you replace him with the #5 guy?  The #10 guy?  An unproven guy who's never been a DC before?

The obvious answer about last night might be the correct one:  their offense was better than our defense.  Their OL was better than our DL.  Their receivers were better than our DBs.   

And Mahomes played well.  His scrambles made our offensive linemen play cautious - which bought him time to find targets.  

My hot take:

Our d-line didn't actually play as bad as some think. They were putting pressure on Mahommes but couldn't seal the deal with a sack. Not too many QB's have the ability to avoid the rush the way Mahommes did last night.

And the Chiefs are our new Patriots.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, hondo in seattle said:

Frazier coordinated the #1 defense in the NFL.  Do you replace him with the #5 guy?  The #10 guy?  An unproven guy who's never been a DC before?

The obvious answer about last night might be the correct one:  their offense was better than our defense.  Their OL was better than our DL.  Their receivers were better than our DBs.   

And Mahomes played well.  His scrambles made our offensive linemen play cautious - which bought him time to find targets.  

Not really.  I mean, by many metrics our defense was "first" in the NFL, but that was obviously an artifact of getting to play the likes of Davis Mills and Trevor Siemian.  Seriously, this team played a whole parade of backup QBs and mostly annihilated them.  When we played good QBs we got lit up.  And we all know how our run defense fared against teams like Indianapolis and Tennessee.  

I'm not opposed to our defensive philosophy.  We have an offense that score in bunches, so a bend-but-don't-break approach out of a base nickel makes a lot of sense -- we figure to be playing with the lead a lot, so it's logical to emphasize stopping the pass and not giving up big plays.  But I'm sure guys like Mike Zimmer and Wink Martindale would have done just fine with this unit even if their defense looked a little different.  

8 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Oh thats fine.  I am not telling you I am 100% sure theyll win one.  I just dont understand the logic of being 100% sure they wont and wasting any part of your life on it.  You only get so much time in life, why waste it being miserable about something that makes you miserable?

It's OK Bro. Bills Fans all  have our own way to grieve. I don't know the person you are talking to but I'm sure that he will be OK in a few weeks. :)😉

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Who do you replace him with - Fangio? 

13 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Did you live thru the SB years?  

As I get older I get less down about this stuff. Sure, during the game I'm a lunatic but after I try and look at the positives while reminding myself that it's not a massive deal in the grand scheme of my life.

The positive I take from this is that the entire NFL world has finally opened its eyes to the fact that Josh Allen is a once in a generation player. Seriously, the love and respect he's getting is insane right now, and as someone who has wondered for years why this hasn't happened it's nice to see. 

Yeah, no moral victories, I get that, but this guy is going to win us a SB, I'm sure of it. In fact I'm already positive that barring injury he wins the MVP next year and gets us homefield advantage throughout the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Yeah, no moral victories, I get that, but this guy is going to win us a SB, I'm sure of it. In fact I'm already positive that barring injury he wins the MVP next year and gets us homefield advantage throughout the playoffs.

I will see your MVP/Super Bowl forecasts and raise you a spot in the Hall of Fame if he stays healthy. :) 

As my brothers were celebrating and cheering victory with 13 seconds left, I simply said, "Music City Miracle. Hail Murray." This was probably the best example ever of how I try to prepare myself and others for disappointment until the clock shows 0:00. Several people texted me congratulating me on the win, and I replied with the same thing.

I don't know, honestly, if it's better to ride the high and then crash like so many here do, or if it's better to expect heartbreak like I do. But last night was a microcosm of my experience as a fan.

1. McDermott is Dick Jauron with an elite QB. We will never win the big one with him as coach.

2. The coaches were worried about giving up a touchdown in the last 13 seconds. Seriously, that's how chicken s**t their mentality is. They were content giving up the fg and taking it to ot when all they had to do was drop all 11 into coverage and the game was over.

3. Josh is the best QB in the league 

4. Levi Wallace is terrible and has been terrible since he got here. He's a true blind spot for McDermott on this roster. 

5. The Bills win easily if they don't try to establish the run in the middle of the game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Here’s a hot take - Mahomes didn’t really play out of his skin yesterday.

To put it bluntly, we actually made it very easy for him. He carved through our defense like a knife through butter but I don’t think he needed to bring his A Game to do so. There were three drives, IIRC, where we managed to stop him but otherwise too much blown coverage and easy downs. 

This isn’t a post about how he isn’t as good as Josh etc. as he clearly is, I just think we made life simple yesterday for him and that’s what hurts. The 13-second play was as much about horrific defense as it was superb offense.

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

1. McDermott is Dick Jauron with an elite QB. We will never win the big one with him as coach.

2. The coaches were worried about giving up a touchdown in the last 13 seconds. Seriously, that's how chicken s**t their mentality is. They were content giving up the fg and taking it to ot when all they had to do was drop all 11 into coverage and the game was over.

3. Josh is the best QB in the league 

4. Levi Wallace is terrible and has been terrible since he got here. He's a true blind spot for McDermott on this roster. 

5. The Bills win easily if they don't try to establish the run in the middle of the game.

You absolutely nailed it.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

As my brothers were celebrating and cheering victory with 13 seconds left, I simply said, "Music City Miracle. Hail Murray." This was probably the best example ever of how I try to prepare myself and others for disappointment until the clock shows 0:00. Several people texted me congratulating me on the win, and I replied with the same thing.

I don't know, honestly, if it's better to ride the high and then crash like so many here do, or if it's better to expect heartbreak like I do. But last night was a microcosm of my experience as a fan.

Exactly. You cannot ride the roller coaster with this team, you'll lose your mind. 

Edited by Coffeesforclosers
  • Agree 1

Josh is the best player in the NFL...hands down.  What he did at the end of that game was ridiculous and given one more chance, he would have scored another TD.

I won't shed a tear if either or both of these coordinators is kicked to the curb.  I feel like KC does a great job setting Mahommes up for success while Josh has to battle and earn everything we get.  The defensive let down in the game was ridiculous.  I also don't give a crap about rankings.  Give me coordinators that understand situational football.  Rankings are only as good as the teams you play and we had a cakewalk of a schedule.

The stupid losses during the regular season costed us the season long before this play-off game.  The road to the Superbowl should have gone through Buffalo.  The outcome would have been much different.

Give me a CB in the first, C in the second, space eating DT in the third.

Bring back Phillips and McKenzie.  Cut bait on the rest or give them team friendly deals to compete for a roster spot.

Add a guard, a corner, and young up and coming pass rusher in free agency.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.