Giants/Schoen interview Daboll for HC

Hapless Bills Fan

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yes, coaching is a 24/7 job. Its a lot more than just fitting in a video interview.  An interview such as this takes a lot of prep work.  It isn't like interviewing for your local Timmy Ho's

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

No, it's like interviewing for shift manager at Timmy Ho's after you've already worked there for 10 years.

Typically it's like the former.  In Daboll's case, it's the latter.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

No, it's like interviewing for shift manager at Timmy Ho's after you've already worked there for 10 years.

Is that what you think? LOL.  Not even close.  These type of interviews can last all day long.  It isn't a 10 minute zoom call.

Here read this for starters.  Its actually pretty interesting. At least I found it interesting, not sure if anyone else will...

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/19/nfl-head-coach-interviews-the-mmqb-jenny-vrentas

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Is that what you think? LOL.  Not even close.  These type of interviews can last all day long.  It isn't a 10 minute zoom call.

Here read this for starters.  Its actually pretty interesting. At least I found it interesting, not sure if anyone else will...

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/19/nfl-head-coach-interviews-the-mmqb-jenny-vrentas

Oh, the Dolphins put everyone through that ringer and out popped the shiny pearl named Adam Gase!

What a story!

I can hear Stephen Ross now: "Adam, how dedicated to coaching are you?"

Gase: "I sleep in my office, sir!"

Ross: "Hot dang, you're our man!"

adam-gase-nfl-miami-dolphins-minicamp.jp

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

He didn't replace anyone: Daboll gave up/had to give up duties in the passing game.  The most obvious explanation is because the Bills are grooming Dorsey to be the next OC when eventually Daboll leaves.

Daboll was forced to “give up” “passing duties” in game??

1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

He didn't, they created the position for him. 

exactly.  

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Malazan said:

I'd be curious what level of interviews all the people going back and forth in here have actually been a part of..

Every interview I've gone to has been a joke. I generally already had the job before I ever stepped in the door. I've never been part of an interview that's on the level of a CEO/Coach/GM/etc, but I imagine most of the stuff that takes real time is done before/after the interview itself. 

On the other side of it now and I think interviews are worthless. There's nothing happening in an hour or so that's going to reveal deep secrets about the person. The only impact I've ever seen in an interview still pisses me off because 3 of us were interviewing an potential employee. She knocked the pre-interview stuff we sent her out of the park. In the interview, all 3 of us though she was great, but she swore at one point and the other two idiots voted her down for that because she'd talk to customers. 

That said, I think it's stupid and the NFL needs to mandate that all coaching interviews are on hold until after the superbowl. Make every team wait until afterwards even for guys who aren't in the playoffs. Say December 1st until Superbowl is a moratorium on coaching interviews so teams don't have to try to assemble a staff after everyone else has hired because their guy was in the Superbowl. 

You’ve must have interviewed with the likes of Mr Kruger. George Constanzas boss. 

12 hours ago, BearNorth said:

So Josh is 16 pounds heavier, at the same height, e.g. thicker, with more muscle mass.  Also a bit faster and arguably more explosive.  Energy = mass*speed^2.

Josh is as big if not bigger than the linebackers who have to deal with him in the running game, and much bigger than the safeties if he gets to the next level.

Jones always seems to be on the injury report. 

More than all that weight etc, it is really the SWAGGER !

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Daboll was forced to “give up” “passing duties” in game??

He might have been.  I don't know for sure.  I don't know too many OC's that would want to have duties taken away from them so that's why I added it.  Then again he might have done it willingly to keep Dorsey from taking an OC job elsewhere after last season, with the promise of him getting the job if when he got a HC'ing gig.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

He might have been.  I don't know for sure.  I don't know too many OC's that would want to have duties taken away from them so that's why I added it.  Then again he might have done it willingly to keep Dorsey from taking an OC job elsewhere after last season, with the promise of him getting the job if when he got a HC'ing gig.

who would hire an OC as HC  who had to have his passing chores (with a QB like Josh, no less) taken away from him and given to a nobody assistant coach??

Come on doc...it never happened.

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

who would hire an OC as HC  who had to have his passing chores (with a QB like Josh, no less) taken away from him and given to a nobody assistant coach??

Come on doc...it never happened.

I never said that pass duties were taken away from Daboll because he was doing a bad job.  I said they were given to Dorsey (who is anything but a "nobody assistant coach" considering he is widely believed to be the next OC for the Bills once Daboll leaves, and it wasn't just a promotion in name only) as an audition.  My question was whether he gave them up willingly or not (not that it matters).

Edited by Doc

21 hours ago, harryS said:

on Monday, they should be preparing for the Titans.  what then?  unless there is a league wide rule that bans these interviews until a team is knocked out of the playoffs, i get why they have to do it now.

We’ll, no, the Titans lost, and yes, Monday is the day to deal with his future.  You’re wrong.

7 hours ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Daboll will have Jones balling out before year one is over.

All those weapons.

Just need a defense and some O line help. 

He'll try his best, but the problem with Jones is between his ears.

All those weapons.

Is that all he needs, what is that 65% of the team excluding special teams.

I dont know Jones work ethic and smarts, if he doesnt have it like Allen you can forget it.   Jones has had plenty of time to develop as a real NFL QB.  IMO, he is what you see right now.  I don't think people appreciate Allen's work ethic and smarts.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

6 hours ago, Paulus said:

Giants screwing with both of the Bills' coordinators, right in the middle of a playoff run?

Humbug.

Few realize that intrusive phone calls from the Giants have been a source of irritation across the league for years, at the most inopportune times.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Doc said:

I never said that pass duties were taken away from Daboll because he was doing a bad job.  I said they were given to Dorsey (who is anything but a "nobody assistant coach" considering he is widely believed to be the next OC for the Bills once Daboll leaves, and it wasn't just a promotion in name only) as an audition.  My question was whether he gave them up willingly or not (not that it matters).

You think McD is going to take away his OC's bread and butter (even against his will)...to groom his successor?

no.

All those weapons.

Whoever gets that HC job also can use Barkley instead of putting everything on Jones.  

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

You think McD is going to take away his OC's bread and butter (even against his will)...to groom his successor?

no.

So then, what you do think the "passing game coordinator" title/promotion was all about? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.