Keys to Pats v Bills

PatsFanNH

Ok from the enemy side trying be rational:

Bills:

Allen — just needs be the Allen of this year and last year. As long as he doesn’t struggle with accuracy  (which he has a few times this year) the Bills should roll on the Pats D

RUN — If he does struggle, just run the football. The Pats literally just gave up almost 200 yards to the 31st rank rushing O.

Pats

Defense — has to step up big time! No more being gashed on obvious run downs and definitely need play better in the secondary. (I expect Bryant to be picked on again all day)

Offense — Run Harris and Stevenson a lot but also do PA Passes on 1st or 2nd and short. They can’t be predictable.

all and all the Bills should win and it would take a clunker performance by them for the Pats to steal a victory. This is exactly the record I expected for my Pats and I wish they were facing Ann inexperienced Cincy team that could get caught flat footed.

Edited by PatsFanNH
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Bills:

Allen — just needs be the Allen of this year and last year. As long as he doesn’t struggle with accuracy  (which he has a few times this year) the Bills should roll on the Pats D

RUN — If he does struggle, just run the football. The Pats literally just gave up almost 200 yards to the 31st rank rushing O.

Pats

Defense — has to step up big time! No more being gashed on obvious run downs and definitely need play better in the secondary. (I expect Bryant to be picked on again all day)

Offense — Run Harris and Stevenson a lot but also do PA Passes on 1st or 2nd and short. They can’t be predictable.

all and all the Bills should win and it would take a clunker performance by them for the Pats to steal a victory. This is exactly the record I expected for my Pats and I wish they were facing Ann inexperienced Cincy team that could get caught flat footed.

I'm not as down on Mac Jones as most. I think he'll be pretty good eventually. But he's not that QB right now. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm not as down on Mac Jones as most. I think he'll be pretty good eventually. But he's not that QB right now. 

He also doesn’t have a true #1 WR. I mean Meyers would be what? A third option in Buffalo? (I love Meyers but he isn’t a true top WR)

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Bills:

Pats

Key to the Pats is to try and hide Mac Jones as long as possible.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

He also doesn’t have a true #1 WR. I mean Meyers would be what? A third option in Buffalo? (I love Meyers but he isn’t a true top WR)

He is not a true number one but I love his game.  He would look great in the slot in Buffalo.  I would love the Bills to take a run at him with a solid RFA offer.  I expect the Pats will fight to keep him.

Edited by FLFan

I think it's been pretty well proven at this point ... if you can get an early lead on the Pats, Mac struggles to bring them back.  Think the way the Pats are built right now is to play with a lead - where they can just run, run, run.

I think the Bills will have their hands full in this one, but if they get a 2 score lead, I would expect the pass rush / defense to just be too much for Mac.  He should eventually be a decent QB, but he's just not there yet.

• Like (+1) 1

the key to me is tackling for buffalo.  Keep them in tougher downs and distances and keep them on the NE side of the field - don't let them have any big plays in the run game and force them into punts and FGs.  

the key to NE is takeaways.  They need to win the turnover battle in this one so i expect them to try and rip out every ball they can, and to try some different zone looks to try and get an allen mistake or two.  

2 minutes ago, FLFan said:

He is not a true number one but I love his game.  He would look great in the slot in Buffalo.  I would love the Bills to take a run at him with a solid RFA offer.  I expect the Pats will fight to keep him.

Oh in that role he would be devastating in Buffalo.  Right now he is doing IMO amazing considering he usually gets CB 1 of every team.  I wasn’t knocking him! Just saying he isn’t be used in the right role in NE right now.  IMO also makes it harder to  get an accurate fee on Jones. (For example he threw an out pass and no one was there.. they showed the replay and 2 WR ran the exact same route. Ugh.. Made me wonder how many times does this happen and we don’t see it?

18 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

But Mac also doesn't have the arm or body strength to make throws. That could change in the future. But he can't do it now. He is the definition of a game manager and needs to be carried by his team.

4 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

I think it's been pretty well proven at this point ... if you can get an early lead on the Pats, Mac struggles to bring them back.  Think the way the Pats are built right now is to play with a lead - where they can just run, run, run.

I think the Bills will have their hands full in this one, but if they get a 2 score lead, I would expect the pass rush / defense to just be too much for Mac.  He should eventually be a decent QB, but he's just not there yet.

That has yet to be proven wrong. I will give Mac credit for not crumbling though. Every game, even when he struggled, he brought them back in the fourth. (Indy, Miami yesterday for example) what hasn’t happened this year is the D can’t get that one more stop to give him the chance to win the game in the last 2 minutes.. I am harder on the D because they are SUPPOSE to be the strength of the team and they should be able come up with a stop when momentum is on your side, like it was in Indy.

12 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Of course it all depends... on the weather. Supposedly heavy snow expected but it can change till then. I don't mind a repeat of the MNF... with a different outcome!

Where are you seeing heavy snow?  Everything I have seen so far is saying a light snowfall.  Heavy snowfall does give an advantage to NE unfortunately.  But I'm also hoping McDermott learned from his mistakes in the first Pats game

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But Mac also doesn't have the arm or body strength to make throws. That could change in the future. But he can't do it now. He is the definition of a game manager and needs to be carried by his team.

Isn’t that true for most rookie QBs? Not the arm strength but needing be carried by their team?  That’s why I am harder on the veteran D than the O which has 2 New TE, 2 New WR, 2 Rookies starting on it.  My expectations were low for the O and expecting the D steal games. 

3 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Where are you seeing heavy snow?  Everything I have seen so far is saying a light snowfall.  Heavy snowfall does give an advantage to NE unfortunately.  But I'm also hoping McDermott learned from his mistakes in the first Pats game

I disagree, as Brady said snow makes it harder on corners who are more likely to slip because they don’t know where they are going. (Wind makes the difference in snows whipping snow makes it miserable for everyone)

21 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Instead, they decided to sign 2 #1 TEs.  One of which played less than 50% of their snaps.  I fully expected them to run 2TE sets 80%+ of the time, pound the rock and play action every pass play.  

does Jonnu just kind of suck?  It was so strange in Tennessee.  He was clearly the most talented TE but the titans would often go to Firkser and Swaim.  Attitude of playbook comprehension issues?  Idk, his usage (of lack there) is strange.  Why pay a TE that much money to play less than half the snaps?

47 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Bills:

Pats

My exact thought. Honestly believe the Pats have no business winning this game. This is their ceiling just getting to the playoffs. Didn't expect them to win a playoff game. Maybe would of had a chance against cincy.

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

Instead, they decided to sign 2 #1 TEs.  One of which played less than 50% of their snaps.  I fully expected them to run 2TE sets 80%+ of the time, pound the rock and play action every pass play.  

does Jonnu just kind of suck?  It was so strange in Tennessee.  He was clearly the most talented TE but the titans would often go to Firkser and Swaim.  Attitude of playbook comprehension issues?  Idk, his usage (of lack there) is strange.  Why pay a TE that much money to play less than half the snaps?

overall I say the FA on O and D were good. Bourne is a solid 2 WR, Henry is a beast in the red zone and Macs security blanket, Brown when healthy is a top RT. (Add in Meyers and it’s a fun group missing that one dynamic player make the difference. IMO) Judon was worth every penny on D, and Baremore I think will be special that was drafted. 

They benched Smith for awhile because he was destroying Jones confidence with BAD drops. He had a couple that went threw his hands for picks, the worst one is when he literally bopped it up in the air and looked like he handed it to the CB. 

they been playing him more lately but his hands are still like stone, and add in Harry who can’t get open or run the right route (I have never seen a vet get chewed out by a rookie before.. but Mac chewed out Harry yesterday.)  

• Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.