Interesting way to describe Josh Allen - High floor - High Ceiling

BuffaloBill

Burrow has been amazing this season.  Leading the league in comp% @ over 70% while also leading the league in ypa by a large margin with 8.9.  Joshs’ ypa = 6.9.  I wouldn’t say he’s better a better qb than josh, but one could argue he’s the better passer.  Josh’s legs and physical being give him the advantage of being the better QB overall imo. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Burrow has been amazing this season.  Leading the league in comp% @ over 70% while also leading the league in ypa by a large margin with 8.9.  Joshs’ ypa = 6.9.  I wouldn’t say he’s better a better qb than josh, but one could argue he’s the better passer.  Josh’s legs and physical being give him the advantage of being the better QB overall imo. 

His guys get a lot of YAC, I think Burrow is third in the league. Allen is like 18th.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The inconsitencies have been due to all the O-line shuffling.  How many of the other QBs have had to put up with that this season?  Every time the line has looked set someone either gets hurt, gets Covid or both.  Then Cody Ford comes in and does his turnstile imitation.  

It’s not only due to the line, or the weather. JA is not absolved of blame and he’d tell you himself there are a number of games this year where he could’ve played better. 

Edited by JayBaller10

12 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

His guys get a lot of YAC, I think Burrow is third in the league. Allen is like 18th.

Chase makes a huge difference there. DBs just can’t keep up with him. He takes a 10 yard pass and makes it a70 yd TD. The Bills don’t have a WR like that. 

• Agree 1

Josh is the most physically gifted QB in the NFL. He is also a pretty polished player as well. But he needs to refine some of his decision making before he becomes the top QB consistently. He went from having the second best QB season (and a runner up in MVP voting) to being a top 5ish QB this year. Not bad regression but certainly a mild step back. I think Josh's numbers/play got hurt by two factors this season. The first is inconsistent O-line play. Injuries, Covid and shuffling around of players and bad guard play at times all hurt this team's ability to both consistently protect Josh and consistently run block. The O-line in 2020 had some issues but overall was playing better especially pass blocking where they had a very good rating. 

The second factor is teams adjusting to Josh and some issues with playcalling. I do think the playcalling was hampered by O-line play but there were certainly some non-Oline related issues with playcalling. But teams simply were more willing to force Josh to play "patient" and dink and dunk them to death. Josh at times would just take what the defense was giving him other times he would be hampered and force plays which resulted in turnovers. 

I feel that if this team can find a way to get better more consistent O-line play along with Josh adjusting to defenses he will be a consistent top 2-3 QB year in and year out. No QB not even Mahomes has his physical gifts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Josh is the most physically gifted QB in the NFL. He is also a pretty polished player as well. But he needs to refine some of his decision making before he becomes the top QB consistently. He went from having the second best QB season (and a runner up in MVP voting) to being a top 5ish QB this year. Not bad regression but certainly a mild step back. I think Josh's numbers/play got hurt by two factors this season. The first is inconsistent O-line play. Injuries, Covid and shuffling around of players and bad guard play at times all hurt this team's ability to both consistently protect Josh and consistently run block. The O-line in 2020 had some issues but overall was playing better especially pass blocking where they had a very good rating. 

The second factor is teams adjusting to Josh and some issues with playcalling. I do think the playcalling was hampered by O-line play but there were certainly some non-Oline related issues with playcalling. But teams simply were more willing to force Josh to play "patient" and dink and dunk them to death. Josh at times would just take what the defense was giving him other times he would be hampered and force plays which resulted in turnovers. 

I feel that if this team can find a way to get better more consistent O-line play along with Josh adjusting to defenses he will be a consistent top 2-3 QB year in and year out. No QB not even Mahomes has his physical gifts.

I think that when Josh’s total offensive contributions are considered, he is more than a top 5 QB (rushing yards and rush TDs)

I agree with you that Josh does need to take a step as far as “taking what he’s given”

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Sure….but burrow has thrown several deep balls right on the money where only his stud WRs can catch the ball.  

4 hours ago, TH3 said:

Somehow JA off games get way more noticed than others….

Agreed.  

judging by the some of responses here, not many of you watch other teams QBs. All of them have off games. Josh’s seem to get a lot more attention than the others. 

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Sure….but burrow has thrown several deep balls right on the money where only his stud WRs can catch the ball.  

Burrow is arguably the most accurate QB in the NFL right now and that’s huge praise, I know.

• Agree 1

If Josh takes what they give him all day he can be unstoppable. NE was the perfect example, keep dumping off to Singletary all day if that’s how they want to play him. Then take his shot. 

At the same time he makes plays Qbs just don’t do, fits balls into windows that only his arm strength will allow and can extend a play until the very last moment and it’s that exact moment when he unleashes the ball that he either does something just jaw dropping or turns it over. 

I wonder how much the coaches are in his ear re the take what they give or just letting him be who he is and trusting him to be self aware. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life
  • Like (+1) 1

7th? Way too low. 

Murray ahead of him is a joke.

I guess you have an argument for Burrow and Herbert but I'd take Josh over them 10 out of 10 times. 

Allen again played in terrible weather. I can see if the opposing QB is lighting it up in these bad weather games but Ryan was just as bad if not worse which is usuallythe case for opposing qbs in these games . 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think that when Josh’s total offensive contributions are considered, he is more than a top 5 QB (rushing yards and rush TDs)

I agree with you that Josh does need to take a step as far as “taking what he’s given”

When I said this 2 months ago I got trashed on here🤷🏻‍♂️

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.