Last Time Bills clinched AFC East at home--12/17/95 vs Dolphins NBC Game tape

BubbaT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqTyAAD_4yY&list=WL&index=31

Bryce Paup (DPY), Darick Holmes, Tasker as a WR, refs with cute little white gloves, Marv Albert and Chris Collinsworth, Thurman doing Thurman things, an O line I dream of the Bills duplicating and a Carwell Gardner/Bryan Cox fistfight in the 4th quarter just after the 2 minute warning. What's not to like. A trip down memory lane with a whole bunch of names on both teams that are legendary and others totally forgettable or an OMG I had no recollection of him till just this second seeing him. (Need to rewind it back to beginning I think)

Edited by BubbaT
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqTyAAD_4yY&list=WL&index=31

Bryce Paup (DPY), Darick Holmes, Tasker as a WR, refs with cute little white gloves, Marv Albert and Chris Collinsworth, Thurman doing Thurman things, an O line I dream of the Bills duplicating. What's not to like. A trip down memory lane with a whole bunch of names on both teams that are legendary and others totally forgettable or an OMG I had no recollection of him till just this second seeing him. (Need to rewind it back to beginning I think)

I dream of having Tim Tindale as RB3

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

That was a fun year, 1995.  Especially after the four year SB run had ended with a 6-10 season the year before

*Edit.  I looked it up, we went 7-9 in 1994.

The Miami playoff game from That season was a fun one too

It was a good team from what I can remember, but wasn’t that the game where Bruce Smith sat out a playoff game in Pittsburgh with the flu?  Bills didn’t play well but it’s a different game if he suits up

12 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

It was a good team from what I can remember, but wasn’t that the game where Bruce Smith sat out a playoff game in Pittsburgh with the flu?  Bills didn’t play well but it’s a different game if he suits up

Yeah, Bruce was out that Pittsburgh playoff game.  We got down big early but got it back down to one score before we ran out of steam.

• Like (+1) 1

Was that the David White interception game?

2 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

IIRC, we ran for 341 yards against the Phins in the playoff game…

Brian Daboll, take a look!

First line of the Buffalo News story about that game. "One-dimensional football teams have a nasty habit of losing playoff games, and it happened again Saturday at Rich Stadium."

Take heed...

https://buffalonews.com/news/dolphins-came-to-pass-and-it-was-their-ticket-home/article_2cf42c71-00fd-5b81-8e51-4cebb9832235.html

• Like (+1) 2

Shula tried to put together a "super team" of free agents and it blew up in his face and they were a huge underachieving team.    That made beating them all the more enjoyable.

One of those free agents was TE Eric Green, who catches a pass on that first series.   He was maybe the most gifted TE in football in the early 90's........a beast.   His son is also a freak of nature like that but he chose baseball and will likely be the second or third overall pick in the MLB draft this June.

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

IIRC, we ran for 341 yards against the Phins in the playoff game…

Brian Daboll, take a look!

Ill never forget the opening to that playoff telecast, at that point still undefeated at Rich in the post season Musberger opens with the line "welcome to the winter slaughter house"  22 year old me could have run through brick at that point, i was amped.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Shula tried to put together a "super team" of free agents and it blew up in his face and they were a huge underachieving team.    That made beating them all the more enjoyable.

One of those free agents was TE Eric Green, who catches a pass on that first series.   He was maybe the most gifted TE in football in the early 90's........a beast.   His son is also a freak of nature like that but he chose baseball and will likely be the second or third overall pick in the MLB draft this June.

Eric Green who was so big that you had to chop him at the legs to get him down, and who also refused to wear thigh pads. Brilliant.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Miami tried pretty hard to give Marino good targets.  

He had everyone from Keith Byars, to Keith Jackson, Irving Fryar, OJ McDuffie, etc.  He just could never get over the hump 

• Like (+1) 1

Bills played them in the wild card a couple weeks later. Was at that game in about the second row at around the 30 yard line on Bills side.  Don Shula’s last game as a coach. Pay back for the 1970s. 

Edited by WotAGuy

10 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

No

hmm i must be forgetting a year? 98 and 99 we lost in the wild card round both on the road...then we lost in 2017 in jacksonville....then 2019 in houston both wild card round.  and last year we had some home playoff games in front of like 10% capacity.  ohhh jaguars in 96...i was pretty close haha  making '95 last time we won a home playoff game at full capacity if my calculations are correct 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.