Allen's numbers last 4 home games

Big Blitz

2 minutes ago, Nitro said:

If it hits them in the hands and is catchable, it is on the receiver.  You can blame the icy conditions, the cold ball or the velocity of the throw but that is excuse making.  

You can blame both the wr and the qb too.  That isn’t out of the realm of possibility.  Not every missed play is the fault of just one person.  I’m sure josh would say that he should’ve taken some off.  And Diggs would say he should’ve caught it.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Dabol was feeling full of himself with some of those play calls. 

I checked all the box scores for the season and the Bills are 6-0 when RB's get 20+ touches and 4-6 when they don't.  I realize its one simple stat but maybe there's a lesson in that somewhere for the OC that we don't need to throw the ball 40+ times to win.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

10-6.   

The Bills are literally 4 plays away from being 14-2.  

And should the Bills lose another close game in the Playoffs, the excuses will start anew.

The Bills in 2021 don't know how to win a close game......  Good news it is 2022.😜

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I didn't say it wasn't ok to say it. However, IMO, it is irrelevant. Diggs should have made that catch.

Why is Allen’s mistake irrelevant?  It’s half of the play.  Throw and catch.  Strange thought process you have 

Just now, NewEra said:

Why is Allen’s mistake irrelevant?  It’s half of the play.  Throw and catch.  Strange thought process you have 

Because, again IMO, it wasn't a mistake. You are the one saying he should have taken something off the throw, not me. If you want to think that, then fine, that's ok. I don't. My opinion is, and has been, that Diggs should have caught that ball as it was thrown. We can just agree to disagree.

14 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I didn't say it wasn't ok to say it. However, IMO, it is irrelevant. Diggs should have made that catch.

Diggs catches almost every ball.  I'm not sure what receiver catches that pass yesterday.  If Allen threw it with less juice, I think Diggs catches it.

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

He was throwing it with WAY too much velocity early on. It’s extremely difficult for any receiver to catch those throws when it’s that cold outside. The one through Diggs’s hands in the EZ was blistering to the point of being uncatchable.

The fastball he threw to Singletary in the first half could have broken his hand.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Jauronimo said:

The fastball he threw to Singletary in the first half could have broken his hand.

That is a pass that I agree should have been thrown with much less velocity.

1 minute ago, DCbillsfan said:

Diggs catches almost every ball.  I'm not sure what receiver catches that pass yesterday.  If Allen threw it with less juice, I think Diggs catches it.

That is a pass I believe Diggs should have caught, even with the velocity with which it was thrown.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

He was throwing it with WAY too much velocity early on. It’s extremely difficult for any receiver to catch those throws when it’s that cold outside. The one through Diggs’s hands in the EZ was blistering to the point of being uncatchable.

No, that ball should have been caught. Allen needs to zip those ones in there. It was a specific window and timing that he needs to hit on that throw and he hit it perfectly. Diggs just wasn't ready for it.

On some of the other throws, I agree. There was a check down to Singletary that he threw way too hard. He was getting some pressure. On that one, throwing to a running back in space just a few yards away, he needed to take some off of that.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Because, again IMO, it wasn't a mistake. You are the one saying he should have taken something off the throw, not me. If you want to think that, then fine, that's ok. I don't. My opinion is, and has been, that Diggs should have caught that ball as it was thrown. We can just agree to disagree.

I’m not the only one saying josh should’ve taken something off of it.  You’re the only one I’m seeing that is saying that he shouldn’t have.

Some of yesterday was Josh pressing to put on a show for the fans.

I think some of that was also due to knowing Atlanta wasn’t good on the back end and the line gave him a ton of time. So, he was going to go for it— even though he had a lot of easier shorter throws open. 

I suspect if we were going against a D that really feared or respected, he would have played smarter, if that makes sense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m not the only one saying josh should’ve taken something off of it.  You’re the only one I’m seeing that is saying that he shouldn’t have.

Not true. Apparently you can't see other posts or emojis in this thread alone. Even the commentators said that Diggs should have caught it.

I have responded to you at least three times now that it is my opinion.  I have also said you are welcome to your opinion and we can agree to disagree. I'm not sure why you can't accept that we have differing opinions. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think Diggs should have caught it. The game analyst on the broadcast explained perfectly why Allen shouldn't have taken something off it and why Diggs should have caught it.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Some of yesterday was Josh pressing to put on a show for the fans.

I think some of that was also due to knowing Atlanta wasn’t good on the back end and the line gave him a ton of time. So, he was going to go for it— even though he had a lot of easier shorter throws open. 

I suspect if we were going against a D that really feared or respected, he would have played smarter, if that makes sense.

That seems to be the rule of thumb, we look sharp against the decent sides (Pats and Colts at home excepted) and sloppy, particularly post bye, against the average to poor sides.

Edited by UKBillFan

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Not true. Apparently you can't see other posts or emojis in this thread alone. Even the commentators said that Diggs should have caught it.

I have responded to you at least three times now that it is my opinion.  I have also said you are welcome to your opinion and we can agree to disagree. I'm not sure why you can't accept that we have differing opinions. 

DUDE….I SAID DIGGS SHOULD HAVE CAUGHT IT!!!  You are insinuating that because the commentators said Diggs should have caught it = josh shouldn’t have taken off some heat.  If he took off some heat…..he would have caught it….meaning that he should have taken off some heat. Of josh would be taken some off the throw, we wouldn’t be talking about Diggs should’ve caught it.  He would’ve. 

You’re opinion is just wrong.  And that’s ok.  Josh threw it too hard AND Diggs should’ve caught it.  

• Eyeroll 1

Diggs should have caught that pass 10/10 times. 

Some of y'all need to stop with the excuse making.  

Allen had his issues, but if a ball hits a WR in the hands, it needs to be caught.  

Sanders should've caught the TD last week and Diggs this week.  Watch WR's around the league.... they consistently make catches like that.  You don't need to be elite to catch hard passes that hit you in the hands. 

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

I think Diggs should have caught it. The game analyst on the broadcast explained perfectly why Allen shouldn't have taken something off it and why Diggs should have caught it.

Yeah….I agree.  He should have caught.  Like I’ve stayed several times.  The analyst was wrong.  Taking some off that throw wouldn’t have led to a deflection.  It would’ve led to a Td

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.