Allen's numbers last 4 home games

Big Blitz

One thing that's not being talked about enough is how Daboll and McDermott essentially shifted the entire game plan in the 2nd half yesterday after Allen's 3rd turnover.

The committed to the run and luckily it worked. But it was almost a way of benching Allen so to speak but not letting him put the ball in the air and risk blowing such a crucial game.

Will be interesting to see what Allen looks like this week against a feisty jets team looking to play spoiler and playing their best football of the season.

20 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

The committed to the run and luckily it worked. But it was almost a way of benching Allen so to speak but not letting him put the ball in the air and risk blowing such a crucial game.

This is a special kind of Allen hate masquerading as analysis.

I think a better description is that Debold finally figured out that the way the Falcons were playing us on defense combined with the limitations of the weather on the passing game forced his hand at changing the run/pass balance.  And it's a good thing that our ELITE QB has unique rushing skills matched by ONLY two other QB's in the NFL (Murray & Jackson) which enabled him to superbly execute the change in game plan.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

One thing that's not being talked about enough is how Daboll and McDermott essentially shifted the entire game plan in the 2nd half yesterday after Allen's 3rd turnover.

Will be interesting to see what Allen looks like this week against a feisty jets team looking to play spoiler and playing their best football of the season.

Darn.  I thought you disappeared after you were wrong about the Pats game.

11 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I checked all the box scores for the season and the Bills are 6-0 when RB's get 20+ touches and 4-6 when they don't.  I realize its one simple stat but maybe there's a lesson in that somewhere for the OC that we don't need to throw the ball 40+ times to win.

Gadget play in the red zone was an interesting call

13 hours ago, NewEra said:

It should have been caught.

It shouldn’t have been thrown THAT hard.

They both failed.  

Josh didn’t look good throwing the ball yesterday. 

Josh has been throwing harder than ever, as seen from my couch. He needs to chill a bit and remember touch is also part of the formula. To me, it has seemed that way since the 40 mph gusts vs the Cheaters. 

It’s hard to look at the last 4 home game stats without considering the conditions. At least we TRIED to throw the ball against the Pats. It’s more than they did. 

Edited by Augie
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.