Singletary’s performance

Andy1

11 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

12 carries 39 yards 3.3 avg= Pedestrian.

I really like Motor and he did his best with an O line that isn't the road grating type. His presence in the passing game was big though. Big 1st down conversions on check downs. 

While the OL was great in pass pro, there were rarely any holes when we ran it up the middle.  2 yards and he was met by 2-3 defenders. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would resign Singletary on a decent deal.  I don’t believe in paying top dollar for a RB and he won’t command that.  I don’t want to waste a high pick on a RB either.

Improve our offensive line and he’s an effective RB.

Totally agree with that. Seems like he's really addressed his ball security issues as well.

12 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Btw it’s funny how Mackenzie was super today. Makes you wonder again if it’s coaches or schemes. 

In a post-game presser, Mackenzie said that he had watched film on how the Pats* covered Beasley in the previous game, so he knew how to play against that. He said they covered him exactly like they covered Beas, so his adjustments were right. He also said that Beas and Gabe sent him clips from that game and gave him advice.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Motor shows heart every time he touches the ball not sure what his numbers were running the ball but he definitely added to what they were trying to do enough to notice the difference . 

I believe he is a little old school in that he needs touches to get into the rhythm of the game .

We won, but the run game was not acceptable.

Those inside handoffs, with back running east west are awful.

Running out of the gun is hard and trickery is necessary but just once I would like a vaccine to get the ball when they are running full speed. If you are running from the gun then option football us the only way. IMHO this us a combo of not a great back and van play design for running.

10 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

I loved the passes to him. Shades of TT. Finally some use in the red zone and got a TD 👍

I love mixing in easy completions.  Sometimes it seems like we are "big play or bust."  It's nice to be able to just move the chains with high percentage plays.

He is a great blocker too. Even on running plays like McKenzie's end around.

He plays with fire these days. 

Who is pumped when a run goes beyond 5 years? Ha ha. I know I am.

Great play selection overall by Daboll, which helped the OL play fairly well. Add a tad more variety in the run game, and it's "good enough" combined with the true strengths of the team.

I'm warming up to the idea of signing or drafting an elite RB, but I still like Singletary. I love his energy in recent games. Something lit a fire under him. There have been recent games where his numbers haven't looked great, but his efforts were key to winning.

Let's help both the passing and run games and make a big splash this coming offseason at OT, DT, then improve depth at CB and TE.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.