Singletary’s performance

Andy1

1 hour ago, Turf Toejam 34 said:

I agree on Josh being under center and getting it to Motor.     He has been a beast this last half season.    Maybe when you tell him that "he's going to be the man" makes him more confident.   I dunno.   

He is playing with a chip on his shoulder. He looks motivated, strong, decisive, and elusive. 

• Like (+1) 1

He had a nice game today. I’m not sure if it’s The coaches not scheming for him or the Oline or what. If they can keep this balance going, ladies and gents we may have a team that can win a SB. 

Btw it’s funny how Mackenzie was super today. Makes you wonder again if it’s coaches or schemes. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Pedestrian in the run game. Exceptional in the passing game. Everytime Josh had to check it down Motor came through. 

I don't get how so many see Moss as the more physical runner. Motor is one tough SOB who's always churning those legs for extra yards.

pedestrian isnt fair.  hes doing exactly what asked of him. great ypc avg, all while seeing minimal touches.  i think hed actually improve that nbumber with 20 carries, but no need to do that, just making a point.  he treats every touch like itll be his only one of the game.  daboll finally scheming to his strengths. stoked about this new found energy!

29 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The RB usage and rotation has been Infuriating since 19 with gore. Stop spreading it out. Singletary is good. Give him the ball and stop taking him out. 

Good point.  2nd Q, Singletary barely touched ball.  Singletary needs to play at least 75% of snaps.    

17 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

pedestrian isnt fair.  hes doing exactly what asked of him. great ypc avg, all while seeing minimal touches.  i think hed actually improve that nbumber with 20 carries, but no need to do that, just making a point.  he treats every touch like itll be his only one of the game.  daboll finally scheming to his strengths. stoked about this new found energy!

12 carries 39 yards 3.3 avg= Pedestrian.

I really like Motor and he did his best with an O line that isn't the road grating type. His presence in the passing game was big though. Big 1st down conversions on check downs. 

• Agree 1

Devin's first catch where he dragged Dugger for an extra 7 yards was the best play he's made in his 3 seasons, it truly set the tone for the rest of the game.

Singletary officially needs to be accounted for by opposing D's going forward.

• Agree 1

Singletary is by far the best RB on the roster if he isn't dropping passes or fumbling the ball. 

His early season fumblitis seemed to have landed him in the dog house in favor of the more sure handed Moss, but it looks like the Bills have realized that he is a part of the formula if they want to have an effective running/dump-off game

Singletary has been the Bills best back for the last few years. Even dating back to when the Bills played the Texans in the playoffs. He was a force that game then Daboll just stop giving him the ball. 

Singletary is a victim of poor coaching. I still don’t understand why they insists on keeping him off the field for Zack Moss. Singletary should never come off the field.

Same thing could be said for Mckenzie. He’s clearly a weapon that the Bills don’t use enough..but for whatever reason he can’t get reps. I know we won today..but I still find myself questioning some of the decisions this coaching staff makes. It’s puzzling 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Singletary has been the Bills best back for the last few years. Even dating back to when the Bills played the Texans in the playoffs. He was a force that game then Daboll just stop giving him the ball. 

Singletary is a victim of poor coaching. I still don’t understand why they insists on keeping him off the field for Zack Moss. Singletary should never come off the field.

Same thing could be said for Mckenzie. He’s clearly a weapon that the Bills don’t use enough..but for whatever reason he can’t get reps. I know we won today..but I still find myself questioning some of the decisions this coaching staff makes. It’s puzzling 

We would have won if we kept riding singletary. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Just want to say that I loved the way Singletary was used as an outlet by Josh today. I think this, combined with zone runs off tackle are the style of offense that uses his strengths best. Get him in space where he can make defenders miss instead of running him up the middle. Those dump off passes to him gave some consistency to the offense to let them have time consuming drives down the field. 

The best play that they used over and over again was faking the run to him and then dropping it over the line where he’d be wide-open in the middle

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.