12/26/21 Week 16 Gameday Bills @ Patriots* Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s a nightmare for a defensive guy like him to game plan for 

There is nothing Bellichick can do against Allen. Based on my untrained eye, they tried just about everything today (high 2 shell, man, cover 4, blitzing, rushing 2 guys). Nothing worked.

This isn’t EJ Manual out there, getting befuddled with the creeping defenders. BB can’t trick Allen.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

There is nothing Bellichick can do against Allen. Based on my untrained eye, they tried just about everything today (high 2 shell, man, cover 4, blitzing, rushing 2 guys). Nothing worked.

This isn’t EJ Manual out there, getting befuddled with the creeping defenders. BB can’t trick Allen.  

When Allen is staying patient and mostly within the structure of the offense, I agree.

• Like (+1) 6

Daboll called a heck of a game.

Every week I’ll tune into another game and sometimes teams just make it look so easy moving up and down the field with half of the talent we have.. hence frustrations with Daboll.

Today had a bit of everything, it looked easy at times, we moved the ball.. we didn’t punt! We had answers and I hope we are now starting to peak at just the  right time. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Josh was on another level today…. He could do no wrong. Honestly can’t think of one negative play from him. Given the circumstances, it was the best game of his career IMO. 

He sailed a near INT to begin the game-clinching drive.  Allen throws such a hard ball the defenders have trouble hanging on.  It was his only bad play and it was his day, he lucked out, and he was otherwise flawless.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Jones has been hailed for being on course to break the rookie completion % record........but that completion % fell to 67.2 after today..........now below the rookie # of Dak Prescott (67.8) in 2016.

I like taking records from Patriots, it feels right.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Josh was on another level today…. He could do no wrong. Honestly can’t think of one negative play from him. Given the circumstances, it was the best game of his career IMO. 

He sailed a ball to Diggs about 2 feet over his head on a 5-7 yard hitch/out…

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Josh is a physical freak, but he's also smart the more experience he gets the bigger a nightmare he can become.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

When Allen is staying patient and mostly within the structure of the offense, I agree.

Today was the first time I have ever seen Allen so quick and Patient on the checkdowns. All those dump downs were getting us 8-10 yards. It forced BB to abandon that high 2 safety shell.  I have never really seen us drive a team out of that defense. 

It helped that Devin isn’t also just falling down when he catches the ball. He turned those into solid 8-10 yard gains. Even Gillian turned one into 10 yards. 

• Like (+1) 15
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.