12/26/21 Week 16 Gameday Bills @ Patriots* Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

6 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

So we are going conservative today. Could be a smart move or dumb move. My crystal ball has an exactly been working lately.

It will be interesting to see how the Pats play against our 21 set. Do they stay in base 3-4 or go nickel? I guess Digger is like a LBer... But we had a lot of success in game 1 last year running against their nickel and dime D. 

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The thing is, Sweeney's blocking does not seem to have taken the step it needed to take.

This.  Think we might see 6 OL a bit more this week where the Bills previously trotted Sweeney out.  Maybe this is the week we see the tackle-eligible sneak into the end zone for a TD catch?

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buddo said:

First thing to do against the Patsies, is not to beat yourself - either with penalties, drops, ints. etc.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hodgkins (sp?) get some early action - he's been in the system long enough to know it, even if he's a rookie in real games, and the Patsies likely don't know enough about him to be sure of how he plays. Depends on how much confidence the coaches have in him.

The problem with penalties is they often have little to do with reality. Just don't trust the zebras, especially when the Pats* or Tom Brady is involved. I do think Hodgkins may provide a redzone presence.

9 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

So we are going conservative today. Could be a smart move or dumb move. My crystal ball has an exactly been working lately.

With Dawkins back in, but who knows how effective, I think Moss makes sense. For this game.

• Like (+1) 1

(that's to "are we at lock status on Oliver's 5th year option"?)

Bonus link to Joe B's Athletic preview article:

https://theathletic.com/3034752/2021/12/24/why-gabriel-davis-was-the-bills-x-factor-5-thoughts-and-a-prediction-for-sunday-against-the-patriots/?source=emp_shared_article

Big woulda, coulda, shoulda on Gabe Davis

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

image.thumb.png.9e7f07ceb2612830d2a8e425fb89d686.png

Well, I guess the Pats don't have to concern themselves with our 2 TE sets.

I hope this is something he can correct.

11 mph winds from the NW, doesn't sound too gnarly

Gilliam can play not only play FB but also TE.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.