Offensive line conjecture

Deadstroke

I'm on this site every day of the year reading but rarely start a new post, but since there is a great potential problem this week, and I have seen almost nothing on it in other posts, well, here it is.  What is the status of our OL??  Dawkins, Ford, Williams, Feliciano, Brown?

Does anyone have a projection who is in, who is out, and who is playing where?

Super important this game and has been on my mind quite a bit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deadstroke said:

I'm on this site every day of the year reading but rarely start a new post, but since there is a great potential problem this week, and I have seen almost nothing on it in other posts, well, here it is.  What is the status of our OL??  Dawkins, Ford, Williams, Feliciano, Brown?

Does anyone have a projection who is in, who is out, and who is playing where?

Super important this game and has been on my mind quite a bit.

We'll see on Dawkins but we may be looking at same line as Carolina game. Daboll, Josh and the hogs will need to account for Matthew Judon on every play because we are Not Great Bob at offensive tackle.

1 minute ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

We'll see on Dawkins but we may be looking at same line as Carolina game. Daboll, Josh and the hogs will need to account for Matthew Judon on every play because we are Not Great Bob at offensive tackle.

Good lord if we play with same oline as last week it might get bad. This sucks 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Did ok vs Panthers

....... did you watch the same game as the rest of us? They got absolutely destroyed by a mediocre D-Line.

We were bailed out by good field position due to a horrific Carolina Offense and no kicker.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

One thing for sure, they can’t play Brown at LT again.

Still a little surprised they moved Brown to LT last week. I would have thought maybe keep Brown at RT where he is comfortable, and move Williams over to LT since he has played there before.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

One thing for sure, they can’t play Brown at LT again.

Judon is of course the biggest threat. And while they do move him around a bit he primarily plays in the left side of the defense....against the right side of the opponents OL. Moving Brown back puts him right in the crosshairs again. 

Though, I would expect that where ever Brown lines up he will see Judon quite a bit.

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

....... did you watch the same game as the rest of us? They got absolutely destroyed by a mediocre D-Line.

We were bailed out by good field position due to a horrific Carolina Offense and no kicker.

We were actually able to run the ball some against the Panthers.  Our OT's other then Dawkins just suck.  Drafting O lineman out of Northern Iowa and Miami of Ohio is absolutely head scratching.  And then you have an undrafted free agent in Boettger at LG.  These guys are just not very talented.  But they just need to avoid the penalties and play smart.  Josh will make plays.  Pats are going down.  Its the type of game we need to come out from the opening kickoff and just lay the wood to them.  Like Michigan did to Ohio State this year....Finally.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Did ok vs Panthers

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Lol in what world is Panthers d line mediocre

1 hour ago, MiltonWaddams said:

That was my thought as well. Burns is a beast and was going to be a challenge with or without Dawkins.

Regardless of whether you think Panthers D-Line is mediocre or elite, hopefully we can all agree that our offensive line was destroyed by them. 

They gave up 4 sacks and 6 quarterback hits. Josh Allen was frequently running for his life and Spencer Brown played so poorly he got benched.

The O-Line is a huge problem and they need Dawkins and Feliciano back.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Rigotz said:

Regardless of whether you think Panthers D-Line is mediocre or elite, hopefully we can all agree that our offensive line was destroyed by them. 

They gave up 4 sacks and 6 quarterback hits. Josh Allen was frequently running for his life and Spencer Brown played so poorly he got benched.

That’s a really good defense that our makeshift offensive line went up against. I wouldn’t call it destroyed vs the Panthers at all…everything considered I thought they did ok which is what I said originally.

2 hours ago, Rigotz said:

There were times in that game when it looked bad, particularly early. But there were significant stretches where the line played great - they were opening holes for the RB's, and pass protection was excellent.

9 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

No one can defend that line play against Carolina. Just as a sidenote, Brown was not benched because of his play, but because of a really stupid taunting penalty and the need for him to get his head straight. I’m sure that it made it easier to pull him when he was obviously acting as a turnstile.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

No one can defend that line play against Carolina. Just as a sidenote, Brown was not benched because of his play, but because of a really stupid taunting penalty and the need for him to get his head straight. I’m sure that it made it easier to pull him when he was obviously acting as a turnstile.

Yet the offense put up 31 points - can't wait to get a really good o-line, the offense will be nearly unstoppable. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.