Offensive line conjecture

Deadstroke

23 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

That’s a really good defense that our makeshift offensive line went up against. I wouldn’t call it destroyed vs the Panthers at all…everything considered I thought they did ok which is what I said originally.

Yeah, that really good defense that gave up  27, 33 and 29 points to the vaunted WFT, Miami and Atl offenses.  

I agree with you, they have a very good DL. But their LBs are some of the worst in the NFL vs the run.  

I thought our OL was destroyed by their DL.  I thought we were very lucky to have 17 back there as well as the Carolina LBs trying to defend the run. 

if we play next game with the same OL as last week, we better be able to run the ball effectively or it’ll be a long day

Well, unless the NFL cancels the game due to Covid, they're going to kick it off at 1pm regardless of who is available on the OL so the Bills better be ready. If it's Spencer Brown again at LT then I hope they have a plan to give him a little more help than they did last week.

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, that really good defense that gave up  27, 33 and 29 points to the vaunted WFT, Miami and Atl offenses.  

I agree with you, they have a very good DL. But their LBs are some of the worst in the NFL vs the run.  

I thought our OL was destroyed by their DL.  I thought we were very lucky to have 17 back there as well as the Carolina LBs trying to defend the run. 

if we play next game with the same OL as last week, we better be able to run the ball effectively or it’ll be a long day

I don’t count special teams or defensive TDs against the defense 

And i didn’t say anything about their linebackers. I said they have a good defense. It’s not that controversial a statement.

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I don’t count special teams or defensive TDs against the defense 

And i didn’t say anything about their linebackers. I said they have a good defense. It’s not that controversial a statement.

I know.  I just mentioned the LBs because they are part of the “very good defense”.  Our OL did a solid job run blocking for the most part…..some of that has to do with their LBs not being very vs the run. 

2 non offensive TDs, fair point.  I forgot about the int return.  That defense also allowed all 3 of those offenses to complete 2-2 on 4th down conversions.  6-6 between the 3 terrible OLs.  4 rushes, 2 passes.  

it was a very good defense that has slowly given up and lost faith due to their QB.  It’s gotta be tough getting up for a game knowing your offense is complete garbage

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, 97bills said:

Good lord if we play with same oline as last week it might get bad. This sucks 

Yea def goes back to a coin flip type game if that happens…although brown has extra time to prepare for LT at least.  Maybe they threw him in at LT last week in preparation for this game.  I could see either team scoring 0 with the injury situations we both have and I have no idea what’s gonna happen lol assuming we don’t get Dawkins back 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

17, when his foot is right, can make a move and outrun the D-line chasing him.  He didn't have that move last week against Panthers.  Lets hope his foot feels better and he can get back to what he had earlier in the season in terms of scrambling. (I can't be the only one who saw this last Sunday)

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

That’s a really good defense that our makeshift offensive line went up against. I wouldn’t call it destroyed vs the Panthers at all…everything considered I thought they did ok which is what I said originally.

Meh. I thought the line was horrible. Thought it was even worse on 2nd look. They actually had a couple of nice runs when they caught the Panthers in blitz pass rush looks and were able to run at the space and get a lineman to the 2nd level but the pass pro was a hot mess for the most part. 

That said, I agree the Carolina DLine is very good indeed. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.