MNF: Vikings @ Bears

EmotionallyUnstable

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Fields could be good.  He’s got that weird elbow out thing that Wentz has when he throws though.  Too much tightness in the shoulder.  But he’s a better athlete than Wentz and in the right situation I think he’s a guy you can win with.  His current situation could very well ruin him like Darnold.  

I was with you until your last two words. No one ruined Darnold other than Darnold. He sucks.

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

I was with you until your last two words. No one ruined Darnold other than Darnold. He sucks.

Not gonna disagree about Darnold sucking now.  But he had a promising rookie year and then got eaten up by the Jets dysfunction, injuries and NY media.  If he got drafted by Cleveland or Buffalo instead of the Jets, I think his story is way different.  

3 hours ago, balln said:

oh yea. its my internet troll/ cancel NFL refs attempt to point how crazy this all is. the NFL just quietly introduced this MAJOR deciding factor in games (sky judge- drink) in the MIDDLE of the season and no ones going crazy about it. 

only thing someone has gone publicly crazy is mike florio about the wash emails and nfl covid vax policies and fake vax cards

should be the SKY JUDGE (drink) 

I'll redeem redeem those drinks later today, it's my birthday so I'll make it a toast to you.

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Steve Levy belongs in the hockey booth.

He is fantastic calling hockey games.  

I would say "OK" calling hockey games.

Better than football for sure, but not fantastic.

The ESPN guy I miss desperately from the hockey play-by-play world is Gary Thorne, who I believe is still calling Baltimore Orioles games.

He was fantastic.

9 hours ago, mannc said:

Did they do that?  I thought he was picked later…he looks like he might turn out ok.  He’s got nothing around him right now but bad coaching…

They traded up from #20 by using their 2022 first round pick (which appears likely to land in the top 5-10).

49 minutes ago, mannc said:

Ouch

Yeah, the 2022 pick has turned out pretty much as bad as it could have for them lol. I think it was a worthwhile gamble for them; unfortunately they don't have the right coach in place but Fields was always likely to have a bit of an adjustment period to the NFL. He's a really talented dude but the stuff he was doing at Ohio State was relatively primitive and the supporting cast in Chicago has kinda fallen apart this year. Hopefully the new coach is able to get the most out of him.

21 hours ago, SomeDudeAtHome said:

That's a hard judgement call to make at game speed though. And penalizing the offense will stop receivers from trying to catch some balls thinking they'll get flagged. Instead doing away with the penalty will put the responsibility of protecting themselves strictly on the receiver.  

Wouldn't work. QB throws a pass that not on target , WR stretches for it and wham!! Gets cracked , getting rid of the penalty would absolutely end in a lot of wrecked WRs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.