Ken Dorsey better then Daboll?

Thriftygamer83

45 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You don’t even know if Dorsey is capable as an OC. This is absurd.

And you don’t know that he isn’t. See how this works?

40 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The OP is simply saying he thinks Dorsey would make a good OC, should Daboll leave or be fired.

I think.

What's wrong with that?

Of course it's "pure speculation".

It's an opinion.

Exactly. An opinion. But to some it’s “absurd”…

Tierney, according to Josh, is the most underpaid employee in the entire org.  I'm not trying to throw shade at Dorsey, just saying that Tierney is a guy we don't hear much about, but is a guy Josh loves.  Bottom line, we have a good group on the offensive side of the ball coaching these guys, which is why I shake my head when the firing calls come raining down.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

People criticized Culley and think Dorsey is this quarterback whisperer

There's nothing that shows that he's a high class assistant.. and he's actually had a record of mediocrity

I don't think he's bad but I think it's crazy to think he's this hidden QB whisperer 

What is Dorsey’s record of mediocrity?

Maybe it’s coincidence but there’s been a lot of talk about the passing game not being as creative or well-designed this season - less pre-snap motion, rubs, crossers, sweeps 

Dorsey was given the title “passing game coordinator” before this season.  So who knows, but of course one possibility is that promotion and the above observation are related, which would not bode well

10 hours ago, whorlnut said:

I’m fine with Dorsey as next OC. He’s young and can bring some of the concepts that made his Miami teams so good. He played qb and I think that’s a big thing especially with a young qb. Gotta stay with continuity. 

That's what the team said last year about the OL.

Continuity is great when it refers to continuous, growing talent.   I don't know enough about Dorsey to know if can grow into an OC job.

• Like (+1) 1

if our FO picks him over dabol, i'd be a bit worried it's just a risk averse type of change, but frankly i've seen enough of dabol to assume removing him for someone else who the FO knows well is a good move.

my gut tells me dabol tries to play mad genius tinkerer too much, if dorsey would circumvent that along i think he'd be an upgrade.

In the event Daboll leaves I feel like Dorsey would be looked at for sure. I also think people are sleeping on Chad Hall, our WRs coach as a possible option. 

I would like to hope if there is an opening at OC that it would go to the best possible person to full the position and not Dorsey (or Hall) just because it's convient. Continuity is a great thing....however sometimes getting new eyes on the issues and voices in the room can help a team learn and grow as well.

I think the main thing, and the leg up Dorsey has, is his familiarity with Josh and what he likes to do on the field. We need a better run game coordinator for sure and possibly even an OL coach. I say possibly an OL coach because it is likely just as much what he has to work with as it is the coaching. I would also like to see Josh set up under Center more so the play action could actually be of more use. Two out of our 3 RB's are slow and the other just doesn't strike fear into anyone, even though he has a bit of speed. Trying to run or use play action out of the Shotgun isn't really going to yield us results. No one fears us running the football and Daboll has no answer for it. It's all on Josh, every game, every week. I, for one, wouldn't be mad if Daboll isn't back with the team next year. 

• Agree 1

Dabol is definitely calling the plays but when did it seem that Josh finally got it wasn't it 2 years ago when Dorsey was hired ?

Not only did Josh working out with Palmer help but one would thing seeing that Dorsey is the QB coach he was working closer to Josh than Dabol would be and seeing as he played the position could give him a bit more insight on how to play the position .

I don't doubt that Dabol has been a good influence on Josh & his development but if there is a change that needs to be made & they do get rid of a coach that being Dabol then Dorsey is my pick & i hope they would do it before another team would ***** him up then what ? 

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

People criticized Culley and think Dorsey is this quarterback whisperer

There's nothing that shows that he's a high class assistant.. and he's actually had a record of mediocrity

I don't think he's bad but I think it's crazy to think he's this hidden QB whisperer 

I wouldn't call him a QB whisperer. I also wouldn't call having two different players on two different teams come in the top 2 in league MVP voting "a record of mediocrity" either. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.