Inside the 20 with a chance to win it two games in a row

Virgil

9 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

STOP!   We are missing a powerful OL which makes us one dimensional in the red zone looking at a short field.  Our red zone offense is plagued by no run game, no pass protection, sacks, penalties, and stress - all because we don’t have a good line.  

This is true however we cant get those linemen now. We need to use the players that we have to the best of their abilities and using bigger receivers in the endzone would help.

1 minute ago, RoscoeParrish said:

Does Allen only have one option?  One read?  Is this high school?

there is a whole lot of middle. How many TDs did we score going to the outside ?? None , you have to use what works not s#!t plays that are ineffective by nature.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

This is true however we cant get those linemen now. We need to use the players that we have to the best of their abilities and using bigger receivers in the endzone would help.

there is a whole lot of middle. How many TDs did we score going to the outside ?? None , you have to use what works not s#!t plays that are ineffective by nature.

#Analysis.  All the plays that resulted in touchdowns were good calls. 

I am sure you felt the same way when Diggs shook Lattimore at the pylon. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I know you dont go for the fade on 3rd and 2 with the game on the line.

I don’t think anyone in this world is upset with that call if there is laundry on the field or WR1 comes down with it. 

Throw it up to your best WR, 1on1, with a corner that clearly was in over his head (grabbed him) with the game on the line, give me that all day everyday. 

Edited by RoscoeParrish
  • Haha (+1) 1

I don’t think anyone in this world is upset with that call if there is laundry on the field or WR1 comes down with it. 

Throw it up to your best WR, 1on1, with a corner that clearly was in over his head (grabbed him) with the game on the line, give me that all day everyday. 

Relying on the refs is stupid and so is the fade, its a low percentage play and always will be

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Relying on the refs is stupid and so is the fade, its a low percentage play and always will be

I never said to rely on the refs.  The play design, execution and idea was clearly there as the CB had to basically tackle Diggs to prevent him from catching it.  It’s not Allen’s or Daboll’s fault the CB got away with one or else it was 6.  

I never said to rely on the refs.  The play design, execution and idea was clearly there as the CB had to basically tackle Diggs to prevent him from catching it.  It’s not Allen’s or Daboll’s fault the CB got away with one or else it was 6.  

Sure it was , like i said its a low percentage play.

The Bills are 7-6. As Bills Parcells used to say "You are what your record says you are." Sadly that is something we all need to accept.

This is a flawed football team that can actually contend with a few offseason moves, but this team has no shot of putting together 4 wins in a row against playoff teams.  

Edited by Evian

On 12/13/2021 at 6:10 AM, Virgil said:

There so many things you can pick apart from a game to think what if.  

However, I can’t let go of the fact that we were inside the 20 these past two weeks and a touchdown wins both games and has us with the one seed right now. 

You could include the Titans game as well. 

This isn’t about the red zone offense as much as having games right there in front of us and not being able to score. 

Whether it be penalties or low percentage plays, Daboll and the offense just isn’t getting it done. Of everything from this season that’s burned us, this above all else is my biggest concerns. 

Yea mine two. Three big games where we have the ball at the end and don't get it done. 

It is everything. Daboll's playcalling in the redzone hasn't always been the best, protection breakdowns at key moments leading to sacks, penalties, even some of Josh's decision making.

The redzone generally has been a problem but in those big matchups against other playoff calibre teams you want the ball last with a chance to win. We have had it three times and been inside the 10 each time and not got it done. It is the difference between 10-3 and 7-6. 

I think they need to upgrade the oline, upgrade the weapons but then also look at how they have schemed, called plays and made decisions and even if it is too late this year that needs to be a major offseason focus.

On 12/13/2021 at 1:10 AM, Virgil said:

However, I can’t let go of the fact that we were inside the 20 these past two weeks and a touchdown wins both games and has us with the one seed right now. 

This isn’t about the red zone offense as much as having games right there in front of us and not being able to score. 

Whether it be penalties or low percentage plays, Daboll and the offense just isn’t getting it done. Of everything from this season that’s burned us, this above all else is my biggest concerns. 

I was just thinking today, yesterday’s loss upsets me more now despite Josh saying how proud he was of the team and how this will probably galvanize the team moving forward.  They had their best half of football perhaps all year in the 2nd half, but then overtime came, and as Jeff Saturday commented while discussing Brady’s records, (paraphrasing) , did you ever really believe Buffalo was going to fully come back and win this game at any time?  
     It reinforced my own reflections that why is it we as Bills fans have had to endure so many gut wrenching losses, where the Bills frequently  seem to find a way to lose in the end despite all the good or great plays leading up to the final outcome ?  The one time we came out on top, the Houston oiler playoff comeback, is almost the sole time we turned losing  around and we actually managed to make it ALL the way back and could celebrate a win!  Thank God that record still stands, like being the only 4 x consecutive AFC champions.  Those are two of the things we as Bill fans still hold on to as positives after remaining  loyal fans for many years, as we experienced another of the all too well known Bills method of losing after giving fans a glimmer of hope and then blowing the coverage on the final play

It’s just a sad feeling to add one more notch to the culture of LOSING that pervades or surrounds this franchise ( not ignoring the upward trend of the past two years) , and we are left actually hearing from an incredible franchise qb that the team will NOW learn from this and it will get back to being the team and teammates that he has fallen in love playing with.   Why has it taken until week 13 for the players to sense that from the team and teammates? Doe it seem reasonable that  SUDDENLY NOW THE SWITCH HAS BEEN FLIPPED and only the GOOD from yesterdays LOSS will carry over, despite the horrible first half play and the ultimate truth that WE STILL LOST THE GAME !?

Like the failures on offense  you mention continue to bother you and are hard to fathom, we again saw the defense fail to get a stop when the game was really on the line. Who on here really felt if Brady got his hands on the ball we would rise to the occasion and stop him leading a drive to win the game ?   Also, isn’t it odd that Josh felt compelled to mention the prior lack of play by Gabe Davis whom he obviously has great trust in  ; why did we have an OC call ZERO runs by Rbs in the first half and that’s somehow ok with the HC ; why do we get repeated questionable play calling  when within ten yards of scoring in the red zone ; why can’t we seem to WIN ANY CLOSE ONE POSSESSION games so frequently this year ?  As you stated, there really are quite a few issues or bad trends with this team. 

I bring this stuff up because I can relate to what you are feeling and unfortunately it feels like we have experienced more than our fair share of hard to accept loses given the hype and supposedly talent laden roster. We have continued to add to our teams legacy of heartbreaking losses, and Its more frustrating as we all had such high hopes for the results this year. I hope somehow we win the last 4 and go on to win the SB, but its hard to ignore the past that when this team faces big games with talk of “ must wins” , it often  falls short.  Yes, the second half felt good Sunday , but feelings don’t erase the FACT WE LOST  and are barely above .500.  Unfortunately, now I am finding it easier to expect failure and it was only  just last year it felt like we were headed on a path similar to the early 90’s !  Outside of the second half , that feeling of looking forward to years of success now feels more like we are still facing more rebuilding , again lagging behind other franchises. 

I am left wondering should the season end short of at least making it back to the AFC championship game, will those in high positions refuse to remain content with these results , a culture of accepting the type of play that can be exciting at times, yet ends with losing. Hopefully we don’t repeat the  mistakes of sticking with the status quo.  Tampa Bay has two Lombardi trophies showing even the worst franchises can turn around,  while the Buffalo franchise has zip.  I think it’s obvious Beane and McD made errors regarding talent evaluation in FA and the draft in the past,, and I also believe they made errors with the coaching assistants and possibly  coordinators.  This will be a critical off-season relative to this regimes future here; you can’t ignore the teams record which is its standard of performance 

Devout Bills fans deserve to experience the feeling of backing a team that actually wins a super bowl. This year, so far, looks like a wrong step in the process, and I hope things turn back around.  Mcd is a very good, potentially great HC, and I hope he actually improves and demands more from his staff because this years team does not seem like a solid base to sustain success with many issues we keep seeing repeating in frustrating losses. 

7 hours ago, letsgoteam said:

sure, but if they DONT get the first down and the clock is still running then what?

You cant spike the ball. 

If you can't get the FG team on the field and kicking a chip shot in 25 seconds then you are not well coached. 

There was plenty of time.

2 hours ago, DrPJax said:

I was just thinking today, yesterday’s loss upsets me more now despite Josh saying how proud he was of the team and how this will probably galvanize the team moving forward.  They had their best half of football perhaps all year in the 2nd half, but then overtime came, and as Jeff Saturday commented while discussing Brady’s records, (paraphrasing) , did you ever really believe Buffalo was going to fully come back and win this game at any time?  
     It reinforced my own reflections that why is it we as Bills fans have had to endure so many gut wrenching losses, where the Bills frequently  seem to find a way to lose in the end despite all the good or great plays leading up to the final outcome ?  The one time we came out on top, the Houston oiler playoff comeback, is almost the sole time we turned losing  around and we actually managed to make it ALL the way back and could celebrate a win!  Thank God that record still stands, like being the only 4 x consecutive AFC champions.  Those are two of the things we as Bill fans still hold on to as positives after remaining  loyal fans for many years, as we experienced another of the all too well known Bills method of losing after giving fans a glimmer of hope and then blowing the coverage on the final play

It’s just a sad feeling to add one more notch to the culture of LOSING that pervades or surrounds this franchise ( not ignoring the upward trend of the past two years) , and we are left actually hearing from an incredible franchise qb that the team will NOW learn from this and it will get back to being the team and teammates that he has fallen in love playing with.   Why has it taken until week 13 for the players to sense that from the team and teammates? Doe it seem reasonable that  SUDDENLY NOW THE SWITCH HAS BEEN FLIPPED and only the GOOD from yesterdays LOSS will carry over, despite the horrible first half play and the ultimate truth that WE STILL LOST THE GAME !?

Like the failures on offense  you mention continue to bother you and are hard to fathom, we again saw the defense fail to get a stop when the game was really on the line. Who on here really felt if Brady got his hands on the ball we would rise to the occasion and stop him leading a drive to win the game ?   Also, isn’t it odd that Josh felt compelled to mention the prior lack of play by Gabe Davis whom he obviously has great trust in  ; why did we have an OC call ZERO runs by Rbs in the first half and that’s somehow ok with the HC ; why do we get repeated questionable play calling  when within ten yards of scoring in the red zone ; why can’t we seem to WIN ANY CLOSE ONE POSSESSION games so frequently this year ?  As you stated, there really are quite a few issues or bad trends with this team. 

I bring this stuff up because I can relate to what you are feeling and unfortunately it feels like we have experienced more than our fair share of hard to accept loses given the hype and supposedly talent laden roster. We have continued to add to our teams legacy of heartbreaking losses, and Its more frustrating as we all had such high hopes for the results this year. I hope somehow we win the last 4 and go on to win the SB, but its hard to ignore the past that when this team faces big games with talk of “ must wins” , it often  falls short.  Yes, the second half felt good Sunday , but feelings don’t erase the FACT WE LOST  and are barely above .500.  Unfortunately, now I am finding it easier to expect failure and it was only  just last year it felt like we were headed on a path similar to the early 90’s !  Outside of the second half , that feeling of looking forward to years of success now feels more like we are still facing more rebuilding , again lagging behind other franchises. 

I am left wondering should the season end short of at least making it back to the AFC championship game, will those in high positions refuse to remain content with these results , a culture of accepting the type of play that can be exciting at times, yet ends with losing. Hopefully we don’t repeat the  mistakes of sticking with the status quo.  Tampa Bay has two Lombardi trophies showing even the worst franchises can turn around,  while the Buffalo franchise has zip.  I think it’s obvious Beane and McD made errors regarding talent evaluation in FA and the draft in the past,, and I also believe they made errors with the coaching assistants and possibly  coordinators.  This will be a critical off-season relative to this regimes future here; you can’t ignore the teams record which is its standard of performance 

Devout Bills fans deserve to experience the feeling of backing a team that actually wins a super bowl. This year, so far, looks like a wrong step in the process, and I hope things turn back around.  Mcd is a very good, potentially great HC, and I hope he actually improves and demands more from his staff because this years team does not seem like a solid base to sustain success with many issues we keep seeing repeating in frustrating losses. 

Geez, calm down.....  We're all upset.  There are many reasons.  

Takes some deep breaths, expect a win vs. Carolina Sunday and we can reconvene when they play the Pats (and hope for passable weather).....  

All is not lost......Yet.....😜

11 hours ago, Evian said:

The Bills are 7-6. As Bills Parcells used to say "You are what your record says you are." Sadly that is something we all need to accept.

This is a flawed football team that can actually contend with a few offseason moves, but this team has no shot of putting together 4 wins in a row against playoff teams.  

You are probably right but there really isn't a dominant team in the AFC. The Bills almost pulled it out at TB and the Bucs are considered one of the best teams in the league. If not for the BS non-call which was obvious then Diggs probably catches that for the win. The Parcells quote is true and 7-6 is 7-6. That is a fact. The Bills are capable of beating anyone when they are on their game. They are also capable of ****ing the bed like we saw in Jacksonville.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/13/2021 at 1:46 AM, CorkScrewHill said:

diggsheld2.thumb.jpg.ccc4b88c8c7af988aa79bb3f2d5bdbb3.jpg

The play seems ok .. it appears we failed in the execution of the payments to the refs to try to keep it fair.

Not a penalty first because the refs tend to swallow the whistle when it’s essentially the last play.  Second the defender’s head is swiveled to the ball (unlike the Wallace play). Defender is always permitted more leeway when that happens.  

On 12/13/2021 at 11:40 AM, Virgil said:

So true. 

Allen has to stop playing hero ball inside the 20 and take quick shots.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.