Inside the 20 with a chance to win it two games in a row

Virgil

47 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes… it’s no coincidence they are 0-5 in one score games…. Execution, preparation, play calls. It’s all of that…. And at this point is has to be in their heads which can’t help matters going forward…. They have to be really stressing it a practice because I guarantee the game in two weeks is going to be a close one.

Which is really strange because their record in one score games under McDermott prior to this year was very good. It has to be driving him insane. 

3 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

Not a penalty first because the refs tend to swallow the whistle when it’s essentially the last play.  Second the defender’s head is swiveled to the ball (unlike the Wallace play). Defender is always permitted more leeway when that happens.  

End of regulation: His jersey was pulled practically to his naval .. whether looking or not that is a flag

overtime: The Tampa Receiver grabbed Wallace and pulled him into himself. If anything it was offensive pass interference.

https://news.yahoo.com/bills-sean-mcdermott-levi-wallace-143732381.html

This describes both quite well.

Edited by CorkScrewHill

27 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

End of regulation: His jersey was pulled practically to his naval .. whether looking or not that is a flag

overtime: The Tampa Receiver grabbed Wallace and pulled him into himself. If anything it was offensive pass interference.

https://news.yahoo.com/bills-sean-mcdermott-levi-wallace-143732381.html

This describes both quite well.

Yea I put the bucs game in a different category…titans/pats/jags we could not get it done in a one score game but this one we played well enough to win…Steelers game goes down as a one score game but it really wasn’t one 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Gotta get hot.  Last year best redzone offense vs Kc one of the worst defenses.  Buffalo couldnt score.  Get in the playoffs.  Starts with playing good football.  Build off the second half in Tampa.  Overall, some of these analytics point to Buffalo eventually coming back to the mean.  Some of those happen Buffalo is a real problem.  

13 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

If you can't get the FG team on the field and kicking a chip shot in 25 seconds then you are not well coached. 

There was plenty of time.

Geez, calm down.....  We're all upset.  There are many reasons.  

Takes some deep breaths, expect a win vs. Carolina Sunday and we can reconvene when they play the Pats (and hope for passable weather).....  

All is not lost......Yet.....😜

Haha!   I’m not that upset,,,prob shouldn’t post when I am just lying in bed trying to go to sleep !   Have you watched many people review the game?  Let me give you a pod cast to check out on YouTube. It’s fantastic. Usually live every Monday night I believe. It’s called OFF TACKLE WITH JOHN FINA , HOSTED BY JOE MILLER.  Fina played left tackle w the bills for 7 years starting next to Reuben brown ( who will be live with them this next week , highly recommended! )     Lots of humor from Fina ( I was lucky enoughto see him play in SB 27 & 28 as I crazily went to both ! ). It is tremendous insight fro a starting bills tackle and it is insight you can’t get except from someone who has been there / done that!   You will learn things and laugh at the same time. Great hour show.  

Many of the things I mention are discussed by Fina but with great technical Knowledge of player responsibilities , and of course he had great coaching under Marv.  As a pro , he is frustrated , amazed by how poor many guys technique is, 

lack of effort at times, basically many things that COULD BE EASILY fixed if players took responsibility and one thing he pointed out.  There is a lack of leadership , accountability on the team. For example , he said Thurman would get in lineman’s faces about their assignments. Jim of course was like that.Thurman  also tho told guys to hold him accountable and get in his face if needed!  You need a certain culture and leadership to advance to success , like the Bucs have. Fins does think Josh has the ability to be that leader but he needs to use his authority, not be afraid as the best talent to expect others to do their assignments , and to do them without all the mental mistakes this team is plagued by.  It’s really an interesting insight.  Really check it out! 

Look , I have been a fan since ‘63, so I have seen many iterations of the Bills. I like Mcd as a Coach , and hope he stays a long time. This team has talent but us greatly underachieving!  Somewhere along the line , responsibility and accountability are being dropped.  It’s seen over and over with the losses and even in wins. The second half was an example of what the team could be , but we have seen o e half of it in 13 weeks!  Just having watched both our 90’s great teams , and then everything else , this team AS IT IS FUNCTIONING, IS NOT GOING FAR IN THE PLAYOFfs!  Sure, they will pound the horrible teams like Carolina , but is that the goal of the team ? They stated they want to win a Super Bowl , right?  Let’s see how one good half carry’s  over by the time they get to New England!  

I hope that half does trigger assignment responsibility and like Fina said , he would challenge each guy to play without a mistake!  If one guy is allowed ti make a mistake, the next guy sees that and then you have 42 guys allowed to make one mistake , which means 42 mistakes in a game!  Finas way of coaching ( his son is a center for UCLA now I believe) , and how he played and how the 90’s team held guys accountable!  We don’t have that culture here yet. We have an amazing Qb, perhaps best in the league!  He needs players around him to support him by playing up to their abilities.  Many are not doing that and there is film showing some bad things. If I’m going to enjoy being a fan , I like to watch good football and winners.   Been a doc for 35 years; not a neurosurgeon but a pretty good family practice and ER guy. As colleagues we always hold each other accountable.   Of course football is just a game , but if you’re going to do something , do it to the best of your ability is something I believe in. Would love to see the Bills win a Lombardi before I’m gone. Haha!  Time flies and I just hate seeing them waste a year!  Hope they don’t , but I’m suspicious they are going to need staff changes next year. Not Mcd, but others.  

Thx for the thoughts , hey , it’s a game and it has no tangible effect on my life.  I’m ok either way , win or lose cuz I have had a great life! Didn’t mean to sound to serious , but wow, I watch some people whose weeks are ruined if the bills lose!  I loved the experience of going to two super bowls , it is quite the spectacle so I hope the bills do well and a whole new generation gets to experience that. It is a bucket list thing !  Best wishes, Happy Holidays! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Haha!   I’m not that upset,,,prob shouldn’t post when I am just lying in bed trying to go to sleep !   Have you watched many people review the game?  Let me give you a pod cast to check out on YouTube. It’s fantastic. Usually live every Monday night I believe. It’s called OFF TACKLE WITH JOHN FINA , HOSTED BY JOE MILLER.  Fina played left tackle w the bills for 7 years starting next to Reuben brown ( who will be live with them this next week , highly recommended! )     Lots of humor from Fina ( I was lucky enoughto see him play in SB 27 & 28 as I crazily went to both ! ). It is tremendous insight fro a starting bills tackle and it is insight you can’t get except from someone who has been there / done that!   You will learn things and laugh at the same time. Great hour show.  

Many of the things I mention are discussed by Fina but with great technical Knowledge of player responsibilities , and of course he had great coaching under Marv.  As a pro , he is frustrated , amazed by how poor many guys technique is, 

lack of effort at times, basically many things that COULD BE EASILY fixed if players took responsibility and one thing he pointed out.  There is a lack of leadership , accountability on the team. For example , he said Thurman would get in lineman’s faces about their assignments. Jim of course was like that.Thurman  also tho told guys to hold him accountable and get in his face if needed!  You need a certain culture and leadership to advance to success , like the Bucs have. Fins does think Josh has the ability to be that leader but he needs to use his authority, not be afraid as the best talent to expect others to do their assignments , and to do them without all the mental mistakes this team is plagued by.  It’s really an interesting insight.  Really check it out! 

Look , I have been a fan since ‘63, so I have seen many iterations of the Bills. I like Mcd as a Coach , and hope he stays a long time. This team has talent but us greatly underachieving!  Somewhere along the line , responsibility and accountability are being dropped.  It’s seen over and over with the losses and even in wins. The second half was an example of what the team could be , but we have seen o e half of it in 13 weeks!  Just having watched both our 90’s great teams , and then everything else , this team AS IT IS FUNCTIONING, IS NOT GOING FAR IN THE PLAYOFfs!  Sure, they will pound the horrible teams like Carolina , but is that the goal of the team ? They stated they want to win a Super Bowl , right?  Let’s see how one good half carry’s  over by the time they get to New England!  

I hope that half does trigger assignment responsibility and like Fina said , he would challenge each guy to play without a mistake!  If one guy is allowed ti make a mistake, the next guy sees that and then you have 42 guys allowed to make one mistake , which means 42 mistakes in a game!  Finas way of coaching ( his son is a center for UCLA now I believe) , and how he played and how the 90’s team held guys accountable!  We don’t have that culture here yet. We have an amazing Qb, perhaps best in the league!  He needs players around him to support him by playing up to their abilities.  Many are not doing that and there is film showing some bad things. If I’m going to enjoy being a fan , I like to watch good football and winners.   Been a doc for 35 years; not a neurosurgeon but a pretty good family practice and ER guy. As colleagues we always hold each other accountable.   Of course football is just a game , but if you’re going to do something , do it to the best of your ability is something I believe in. Would love to see the Bills win a Lombardi before I’m gone. Haha!  Time flies and I just hate seeing them waste a year!  Hope they don’t , but I’m suspicious they are going to need staff changes next year. Not Mcd, but others.  

Thx for the thoughts , hey , it’s a game and it has no tangible effect on my life.  I’m ok either way , win or lose cuz I have had a great life! Didn’t mean to sound to serious , but wow, I watch some people whose weeks are ruined if the bills lose!  I loved the experience of going to two super bowls , it is quite the spectacle so I hope the bills do well and a whole new generation gets to experience that. It is a bucket list thing !  Best wishes, Happy Holidays! 

I was having fun.  Happy Holidays too.

Interesting points & agree wholeheartedly.

I know McD is going nowhere, but he has not been good this year and regressed into some old patterns.

Look at me here all the time.  They have greatly underachieved and had some bad luck too, but really no reason they don't run the board and make noise in the playoffs and then this will all be a distant memory.😜

I'll tell you I'll be pissed if they lose the rematch with NE too.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.