RIP Mike Nesmith

WhoTom

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/monkees-michael-nesmith-dead-1270079

I know they did mostly bubble-gum pop, but I still love The Monkees. RIP, Mike.

Saw the Monkee's (all 4) one time only... outdoor concert at Lowry Park in Tampa, great show. Yeah some bubblegum stuff but not all of it. Check out the movie Head if you get the chance. RIP man.

Saw three of them (the ones who still wanted to be identified as Monkees without Peter Tork) in a shop when I was in college doing autographs.   

They had many copies of an album cover (repro I think) stuck on walls and near the end people were taking them down and getting them autographed and I assume it was allowed since no one stopped them from taking them down or getting them autographed.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Saw three of them (the ones who still wanted to be identified as Monkees without Peter Tork) in a shop when I was in college doing autographs.   

They had many copies of an album cover (repro I think) stuck on walls and near the end people were taking them down and getting them autographed and I assume it was allowed since no one stopped them from taking them down or getting them autographed.

That's pretty cool... did you get one?

21 minutes ago, T&C said:

That's pretty cool... did you get one?

I got their autograph in a magazine with their picture. 

I got a question from one: "Do you want me to sign The Turk as well? I have done it enough times I am not sure he could tell the difference."

I have two of their CDs for my car as "trip music" I used to listen to on drive to Buffalo.

He does only songs he wrote.

raremonkees

7.39K subscribers

SUBSCRIBE

This really is a treat. This is a full video recording of Nez live on the final night of his UK 2012 tour. The team at Monkeebootlegs.com managed to locate several different people who had filmed various bits of the concert from different angles. This footage was handed to the talented elixir101

RIP Mike Nesmith

I saw the Monkees in Memorial Auditorium in 1967 (I think). Sadly, Jimi Hendrix was no longer the opening act by that point in the tour!

My neighbor had hired me to chaperone her 2 pre-teen daughters who were attending the show, so I got a free ticket. So much screaming, it was hard to hear the music.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.