Did Sean go too far calling out Mckenzie?

Niagara Dude

Did Sean go too far calling out McKenzie after the game and answering on why he was not active?  The fact is Isaiah McKenzie has touched the football 131 times in the last three seasons he has 1 fumble. McKenzie saw McDermott’s comments tweeted and had just a one-word response: “Damn.” Maybe Sean should have also focused in on why his D cordinator took 3 quarters to adjust and start sending his LB up the gap when the PATS guard pulled or how his TE  dropped key passes all night and should have been more physical with DB's and fighting harder for position to catch balls that are there. Knox's blunders last night were far worse than McKenzie's one fumble because we actually had a opportunity to win had he made some of those catches.  

So while I was also pissed at Mckenzie for his massive fumble against Colts I think Sean should not have aired dirty laundry about Mckenzie and not call out others. As far I am concern the Bills might as well cut McKenzie this morning,  because it does not sound like Sean plans on trusting him to return kicks.  Go sign John Brown or some other WR that could help because after those comments Mckenzie is done. 

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 8

McDermott thinks he is a hard nosed tough guy and has turned into a coach no one wants to play for.

The guy is different than he was when he got here.  I can't even stand listening to or looking at the guy, I can't imagine how the players feel.

McEgo should be his new name

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

He did.

Coach is cracking just like he did in the game, and now he's gonna be known for throwing players under the bus instead of putting it on himself

Depending how liked Mckenzie is ,  Sean's comments could easily cause him to lose the team.  Like why are you not calling out your TE who was brutal?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Niagara Dude said:

Depending how liked Mckenzie is ,  Sean's comments could easily cause him to lose the team.  Like why are you not calling out your TE who was brutal?

I never thought I'd see McD take a shot at one of his guys...especially out in public.

That is not team...that's weak AF

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

Yeah I didn’t like that. Benching McKenzie/ Stevenson didn’t make any sense. Basically eliminated any threat of a return game in a game where a huge special team play could have played a huge part in the game. 

Pretty sure McDermott will pull him aside and apologize because that’s not like him. That’s how you lose a player

Edited by BillMafia716ix

2 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

I never thought I'd see McD take a shot at one of his guys...especially out in public.

That is not team...that's weak AF

Beanne should just cut McKenzie and sign Williams from the practice squad because after those comments 

2 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Yeah I didn’t like that. Benching McKenzie/ Stevenson didn’t make any sense. Basically eliminated any threat of a return game in a game where a huge special team play could have played a huge part in the game 

Anyone of those shots kicks could have been returned,  again he coached not to lose.  Mckenzie had one fumble in 131 touches over 3 seasons.  That is by no means terrible and not trust worthy.

• Like (+1) 1

The benching I don't mind, but the comment about not trusting them is petty, self-indulgent and destructive. The players won't like that. Will he say anything about Knox or Breida? If not, why not? He also threw Daboll under the bus after the game and refused to credit Belichick. In other words, everyone is to blame except him. 

• Like (+1) 2

We can’t run the ball conventionally so we sit both guys that could be used for jet sweep action, misdirection.   

This run game needs to be San Fran level creative given how poor our interior is at run blocking, yet we have the most vanilla run scheme known to man.  

Regarding the McKenzie call out, if it was meant to send a message… message NOT received.  The Pats literally beat us by betting that our team couldn’t execute disciplined football or run the ball.  They got the lead early just watched us make mistake after drive killing mistake in conjunction with our home field disadvantage.  

The McKenzie call out was meant to send a message to a team full of professionals, yet our team is soft and soft people aren’t influenced by things like that…. They just stay soft. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, finn said:

The benching I don't mind, but the comment about not trusting them is petty, self-indulgent and destructive. The players won't like that. Will he say anything about Knox or Breida? If not, why not? He also threw Daboll under the bus after the game and refused to credit Belichick. In other words, everyone is to blame except him. 

This might be the beginning of the end for McD

Seems like Bill broke him based on his decisions on and off the field these last 12 hrs

What DIDN’T happen was a ST turnover which surely would’ve contributed to a loss. As others here love to argue, McKittrick has “Only One fumble”, the shrimp has double-dribbled many kick returns he, his teammates and the sidelines have covered up for. Yes, he’s a quick little runner. But there’s a reason so few of his ilk Don’t play in the NFL.

I haven’t yet heard Sean’s comment so I won’t comment here. (OP, it’s on you to provide links to back up audacious accusations in the thread start @Niagara Dude 😡) but #19 should be cut, imo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

What DIDN’T happen was a ST turnover which surely would contributed to a loss. As others here love to argue, McKittrick has “Only One fumble”, the shrimp has double-dribbled many kick returns he, his teammates and the sidelines have covered up for. Yes, he’s a quick little runner. But there’s a reason so few of his ilk Don’t play in the NFL.

I haven’t yet heard Sean’s comment so I won’t here. (OP, it’s on you to provide links to back up audacious accusations in the thread start 😡) but #19 should be cut, imo.

Then cut his ass!

What does calling out a player publicly do for you if you don't trust him?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.