Bills @ Bucs talk

letsgoteam

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2021/12/bills-dt-star-lotulelei-ruled-out-vs-buccaneers-tom-brady.html

Lotulelei played against the New England Patriots on Monday night after returning to the lineup following a bout with Covid 19 that cost him the three previous games. He suffered a toe injury in the game and then was limited in practice Wednesday before not practicing at all on Thursday.

McDermott said on Zoom later Friday before Buffalo’s final practice of the week that it’s just been one of those frustrating seasons for Lotulelei.

“I know he’s frustrated and sometimes you have those seasons where things come up more than other seasons. Not only as an individual but as a team,” McDermott said. “I think some of that’s what he’s dealing with. We just want him to get as healthy as he can as soon as he can.”

McDermott said the Bills will miss Lotulelei on Sunday.

“There’s a sense of veteran leadership when he’s around our team,” McDermott said. “There’s also the beef and the ability to clog things up inside and then push the pocket in the pass game.”

1 hour ago, Evian said:

I am confident the Bills will win this weekend. I honestly think the Panthers are going to test the focus of this team.

Same here. I just have that gut feeling Buffalo is gonna beat the brakes off Tampa for some reason. It's the most important game of the season at the moment and they need to deliver to keep their playoff hopes alive. Finally the offense can play to their strengths w/ some decent weather. 

46 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'll never forget that catch he made in overtime against the Steelers. One of the greatest of all time. Guy was a beast during the Manning days too. 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

In the Bucs 3 (what should have been 4 losses if the correct call is made in the Dallas game) Brady has thrown all multiple interception games.  

So when Brady’s been good this year he’s been really good but when he’s bad he’s pretty bad.

We can win this game and it wouldn’t surprise me if the Bills won comfortably 

I remember he threw 4 interceptions against us once upon a time.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dneveu said:

Cant blitz - they have some contested catch guys and deep threats.  Just gotta play physical at the catch point and break up some plays.  I expect them to attack the middle of the field since its the easiest part to attack.  They'll probably run it to start the game, but its really not what they do particularly well.  

I'm not so sure about this. One thing I do know is to not put much pressure on Tommy and try to cover everyone is sure fire recipe for a loss.

I'd prefer to see jamming his guys at the line to throw off his timing along with some disguised corner or line backers or safety blitzes.  If you can put pressure on him (easier said than done Admittedly) he melts.

36 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I'm not so sure about this. One thing I do know is to not put much pressure on Tommy and try to cover everyone is sure fire recipe for a loss.

I'd prefer to see jamming his guys at the line to throw off his timing along with some disguised corner or line backers or safety blitzes.  If you can put pressure on him (easier said than done Admittedly) he melts.

The best way to rattle Tom is jamming his receivers so the timing is off and pressuring him up the middle.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So it only counts of the record was winning when we played them? 

What about teams that had a winning record when a team played them then have lost a number of games and now have a tied or a losing record?

So like if Pittsburgh loses another game, then they'd be a team that we lost to with a losing record?  Or no?

This all seems very complex and complicated.  Why doesn't a team's overall record count?

Visited 4 hrs ago

It's no different when you bet on a team in Vegas.  You bet on that teams reputation and their record before the game is played.  Not their record that is predicted X amount of games later,  or in the future

The fact is this team has not beaten a team that had a winning record at the time the actual game was played.

Is this to much to comprehend instead of making excuses that the Swami was not available before the game was played to foresee that the opponent was going to have a winning record,  in the next X amount games from the day they played the actual game. 

I guess we will all have to listen to analytics now on how to determine if a team is a winning team or a losing team, but wait that does not really count because they have yet to play their next 10 games yet, so their current record actually does not apply.   Please.....

And I have posted numerous times before and after the loss to NE, when they spanked this teams ass on national tv at home.

Why because my best friend is a NE fan....  I hate dealing with his texts when our team plays like complete crap on Monday night.

Even the National media has completely trashed this team since the loss to NE.  If you don't see that were are not a good team right now then I don't know what to tell you.  This teams coaches all drank from the same Kool-aide when the season began that we were going to the superbowl even before we played our very first game.

Also we have zero chance against TB this week.  The only way we win is if Brady gets placed on the Covid 19 list before the game starts. 

Come back to this thread after this weekends game.  Its going to 45 - 17 TB.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

It's no different when you bet on a team in Vegas.  You bet on that teams reputation and their record before the game is played.  Not their record that is predicted X amount of games later,  or in the future

The fact is this team has not beaten a team that had a winning record at the time the actual game was played.

Is this to much to comprehend instead of making excuses that the Swami was not available before the game was played to foresee that the opponent was going to have a winning record,  in the next X amount games from the day they played the actual game. 

I guess we will all have to listen to analytics now on how to determine if a team is a winning team or a losing team, but wait that does not really count because they have yet to play their next 10 games yet, so their current record actually does not apply.   Please.....

And I have posted numerous times before and after the loss to NE, when they spanked this teams ass on national tv at home.

Why because my best friend is a NE fan....  I hate dealing with his texts when our team plays like complete crap on Monday night.

Even the National media has completely trashed this team since the loss to NE.  If you don't see that were are not a good team right now then I don't know what to tell you.  This teams coaches all drank from the same Kool-aide when the season began that we were going to the superbowl even before we played our very first game.

Also we have zero chance against TB this week.  The only way we win is if Brady gets placed on the Covid 19 list before the game starts. 

Come back to this thread after this weekends game.  Its going to 45 - 17 TB.

Wow.  So many Men of  Straw.  Try responding to points someone has actually made.

I'm not interested in betting odds, which IMO are all about how people want to spend their money.

We start the season with projections based on last year and off season moves.  Then as the season progresses, we get more data from how a team plays week to week. 

When we're sitting here at Week 14, why does it not make sense to look at a team's total record?  It's not "The Swami Was Not Available", its data about what actually has occurred.

The only time it would make sense to disregard some data, IMO, would be if a key player was injured and unavailable for the game.

I'm not gonna respond to all the stuff you put in there about analytics and "if you don't see...I don't know what to tell you" about points I'm not making or arguing. 

My only point is, at Week 14 in the season, it makes sense to me to look at what a team's record is now when evaluating if the teams we played were good teams or bad teams, not to make up stuff about "well, they were only 2 and 2 when we played them so they weren't a winning team but after we defeated them they won the next game and went 5-1 with the same guys, but that doesn't mean they were a good team when we played them".  Their record both before and after they played us is data.  How do you justify disregarding data?

The only exception would be, if we played a team without a key player (as with, for example, Green Bay without Aaron Rodgers) but that player returned. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wow.  So many Men of  Straw.  Try responding to points someone has actually made.

I'm not interested in betting odds, which IMO are all about how people want to spend their money.

We start the season with projections based on last year and off season moves.  Then as the season progresses, we get more data from how a team plays week to week. 

When we're sitting here at Week 14, why does it not make sense to look at a team's total record?  It's not "The Swami Was Not Available", its data about what actually has occurred.

The only time it would make sense to disregard some data, IMO, would be if a key player was injured and unavailable for the game.

I'm not gonna respond to all the stuff you put in there about analytics and "if you don't see...I don't know what to tell you" about points I'm not making or arguing. 

My only point is, at Week 14 in the season, it makes sense to me to look at what a team's record is now when evaluating if the teams we played were good teams or bad teams, not to make up stuff about "well, they were only 2 and 2 when we played them so they weren't a winning team but after we defeated them they won the next game and went 5-1 with the same guys, but that doesn't mean they were a good team when we played them".  Their record both before and after they played us is data.  How do you justify disregarding data?

The only exception would be, if we played a team without a key player (as with, for example, Green Bay without Aaron Rodgers) but that player returned. 

I’m kinda with you on this one…like Miami is hovering around .500 because we beat them twice…also kc is playing about the same (good) their schedule just kind of evened out…one of these days we’re gonna make the one play we need against a good team hopefully it’s this weekend 

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

I was talking to a buddy last night who is an NFL guru. According to him, the Bill's oline is not that bad, the Bills need to settle on just one RB, the defense is legit.

He says Bills win.

interesting. I wonder if your buddy knows about the OL woes though. *shrugs* I do like the optimism 🙂

Edited by Muppy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.