Quietly the Dolphins are the 2nd hottest team in the AFC right now

FilthyBeast

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Yeah, that Tre White pick really sucked.

Not nearly as bad as your troll game, though.

He didn't draft White or Milano, that was Doug Whaley.

And the best player outside he drafted outside of Allen he didn't think was good enough to play over a guy like Feliciano and was traded to the Browns for peanuts.

Like I've said all along, if you take a hard look at Beane under the microscope his FA dealings and drafts have been pretty poor in general but for some reason people think he's a messiah and by into the hype content produced in Orchard Park.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

No they don't facts matter and just like the Pats they are red hot playing dominant defense and winning games which is all that matters.

Bills are 3-3 in last six so until they can win even consecutive games again they aren't in the same conversation.

I watched the Giants game ( red hot ) give me a freaking break 

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

He didn't draft White or Milano, that was Doug Whaley.

And the best player outside he drafted outside of Allen he didn't think was good enough to play over a guy like Feliciano and was traded to the Browns for peanuts.

Like I've said all along, if you take a hard look at Beane under the microscope his FA dealings and drafts have been pretty poor in general but for some reason people think he's a messiah and by into the hype content produced in Orchard Park.

Yeah, going to that AFC Championship game with all of those crappy players really sucked last year.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

I'm rooting for the Dolphins.  They play the Pats at home the last game of the season.  They usually play them tough.  I want this game to mean something for the Dolphins.  (I know last year versus the Bills the game meant something, and that didn't work out so well for them, but the Bills had their number last year...and this year for that matter.)

So am I jkeerie and for a lot of reasons.

1.  More wins means Tua stays.

2.  More wins drops them in draft status.

3.  Keeping them "in the hunt" means they play the Titans and Pats* tough.

4.  IF Miami made the playoffs as a Wildcard it could push a team like the Colts/Browns/Chargers out.

5.  Miami could knock the Pats* out of the playoffs and wouldn't that just be dandy!

• Like (+1) 1

Just looking over the Dolphins roster and man are they stacked with talent across the board, it's amazing that we were able to sweep them especially the dominant game in week 2.

Also PFF has Tua graded out as the #1 QB in the NFL yesterday and you can see his game evolving as the season goes on.

For all the Patriots hype, I would not be shocked at all if the Dolphins sneak into the tourney and make a SB run because they certainly have the roster for it and playing a grimy style of football particularly on defense right now.

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The actual question was "Who is the last impact player Bill has drafted? Gronk?" That's what I was answering. 

True, I was over exaggerating some.  Main point, compare Beane vs Bill over the same time period.  Its not close.  Also, can’t not include Allen.  Legit franchise Qb who was far from a sure thing.  

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Just looking over the Dolphins roster and man are they stacked with talent across the board, it's amazing that we were able to sweep them especially the dominant game in week 2.

Also PFF has Tua graded out as the #1 QB in the NFL yesterday and you can see his game evolving as the season goes on.

For all the Patriots hype, I would not be shocked at all if the Dolphins sneak into the tourney and make a SB run because they certainly have the roster for it and playing a grimy style of football particularly on defense right now.

You're delusional.  They played the giants who fielded a giraffe at qb.  They beat the texans ravens, jets panthers and giants in their mini run here.  Not exactly murderers row there. We smoked them cause they are a bad team but they're like the best of the bad teams. 

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

You're delusional.  They played the giants who fielded a giraffe at qb.  They beat the texans ravens, jets panthers and giants in their mini run here.  Not exactly murderers row there. We smoked them cause they are a bad team but they're like the best of the bad teams. 

The Ravens are a good team.  I have a flying pig for my avatar because I said the Dolphins would beat the Ravens when pigs fly

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Notable PFF gradings include grading Tyrod Taylor above Aaron Rodgers after one game.   Rodgers response to that was classic.

Here are their pre-season QB grades:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-quarterback-rankings-all-32-starters-ahead-of-the-2021-nfl-season

Notable features:

9) Matt Ryan ahead of Mayfield, Stafford, and Tannehill

13) Carr ahead of Cousins and Herbert

16) Ben Roethlisberger ahead of Kyler Murray and Joe Burrow

20) Daniel Jones ahead of 23) Carson Wentz

29) Tua Tagavailoa

I agree that Tua has appeared to improve as the season goes on, but the PFF QB Grading System does not appear to be a very good match for reality.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

The ravens stink.  Frauds.  

#3 for rush yards despite losing both their starting RBs to IR before the season.

#9 defense, tied for #5 defense on rush y/a

#3 playoff seed right now, with the W-L record we'd like to have after tonight

Give the Dolphins some credit, Flores had a plan for the Poe-Birds and the Fins executed.

That's all you can ask - like I ask it for McDermott and the Bills tonight

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

#3 for rush yards despite losing both their starting RBs to IR before the season.

#9 defense, tied for #5 defense on rush y/a

#3 playoff seed right now, with the W-L record we'd like to have after tonight

Played bad teams with bad defenses.  Now they have to go play better teams the next few weeks and will see some l's...pitt again, gb, cincy again, maybe a healthier browns team and the rams.   They may not win another game.  

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Taron Johnson, Edmunds, Oliver, Knox are more than jags.  Who is the last impact player Bill has drafted?  Gronk?

Possibly Mac Jones...

But since Gronk (and McCourty same draft): Solder, Hightower, Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins, solid  O-line guys like Onwenu/Herron as 6th starters past 2 seasons)

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Played bad teams with bad defenses.  Now they have to go play better teams the next few weeks and will see some l's...pitt again, gb, cincy again, maybe a healthier browns team and the rams.   They may not win another game.  

Well, we'll see. 

It certainly wouldn't upset the rest of the AFC N if you're right, but between Mayfield's injuries and Burrow's shoulder, not to mention the intense Steelers rivalry, it certainly would surprise me if you were.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.