Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

I am serious when I say this, did the leader of the Wagner group make the majority of his money by running "military" operations? The portrayal I have seen is a dude worth 10+ billion all on the backs of wars. If true why do we assume he will be a step up from Putin? The new guy would literally get richer based on fighting longer. 

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Oh ya, the storm trooper dude knows! 

CIA better be doing something, though. If Russia collapses there better be a plan to get ahold of assets and make new friends to create a better Russia 

1 minute ago, Orlando Tim said:

I am serious when I say this, did the leader of the Wagner group make the majority of his money by running "military" operations? The portrayal I have seen is a dude worth 10+ billion all on the backs of wars. If true why do we assume he will be a step up from Putin? The new guy would literally get richer based on fighting longer. 

I believe this guy has called for serious totalitarianism, calls Putin weak. Ya, he might be worse, but who knows what happens and who ends up in charge 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

And all of this could be a giant Russian PsyOp to create the "existential threat" they say they need to justify use of first strike tactical nukes. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Agree 1

This is evil fighting evil inside Russia. In the short term, it’s good for Ukraine. Long term is unknown. This is how dictators fall though. If Putin goes down, hopefully he is turned over to the international community for war crimes. 

• Like (+1) 1

Seems a lot of people celebrating this are viewing it in a Ukraine-centric fashion.. 

Likely the best case scenario for Ukraine is for Putin to remain in power, beat back Prizoghin, but become further weakened by having to pull frontline troops out of Ukraine and now look 100% vulnerable. 

Prizoghin taking control is a complete Wild Card in relation to Ukraine.  He speaks out of both sides of his mouth and seems to only care about money and power.   He seems open to ceasing war by recent comments aimed at Putin, but has long held the view that Ukraine should be destroyed and Putin has been too weak in his military advances. 

Beyond Ukraine .. what does this mean for global stability?  Ukraine is only a bit piece of this.  Regime change has rarely worked out as intended.   We’ve seen the rise of ISIS and mass humanitarian crises that now continue to threaten Europe to this day. 

This time nuclear weapons are involved.  

The war in Ukraine may, or may not, be positively affected by this.  Every other outcome is a complete wild card and could get far, far worse. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Seems a lot of people celebrating this are viewing it in a Ukraine-centric fashion.. 

Likely the best case scenario for Ukraine is for Putin to remain in power, beat back Prizoghin, but become further weakened by having to pull frontline troops out of Ukraine and now look 100% vulnerable. 

Prizoghin taking control is a complete Wild Card in relation to Ukraine.  He speaks out of both sides of his mouth and seems to only care about money and power.   He seems open to ceasing war by recent comments aimed at Putin, but has long held the view that Ukraine should be destroyed and Putin has been too weak in his military advances. 

Beyond Ukraine .. what does this mean for global stability?  Ukraine is only a bit piece of this.  Regime change has rarely worked out as intended.   We’ve seen the rise of ISIS and mass humanitarian crises that now continue to threaten Europe to this day. 

This time nuclear weapons are involved.  

The war in Ukraine may, or may not, be positively affected by this.  Every other outcome is a complete wild card and could get far, far worse. 

D0o you all not realize the US plays geo political chess every day?  Biden seems pretty good at it.

Edited by redtail hawk

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

You’re honestly one of the most annoying, uninformed and easily manipulated posters I’ve seen on any forum, ever. 

July 4th is only 10 days away. Do you think the GQP should cancel their flights to Moscow?

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

You’re honestly one of the most annoying, uninformed and easily manipulated posters I’ve seen on any forum, ever. 

He is easily ignored.

He is so lost, that he sees any criticism of his 'posts' as attention.

Meanwhile:

9 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Biden seems pretty good at it.

giphy.gif

Joe is not in charge.

Edited by B-Man
  • Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, B-Man said:

He is easily ignored.

He is so lost, that he sees any criticism of his 'posts' as attention.

Meanwhile:

giphy.gif

Joe is not in charge.

Then he seems damn good at delegation.  Probably actually studies intelligence reports...

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

But if you want to know what I THINK is happening; I think Prigozhin is doing what he always does, which is say crazy ***** to create the illusion of disarray, to cover for Russian tactical movement/assaults.

Just like he did in Bakhmut, he claimed Russia wasn’t giving him ammo, he was going to pull all his troops out, wanted Shoigu’s head on a platter, etc., only to turn around and finish taking Bakhmut shortly after.

I think Prigozhin and Putin are conducting a psyop to disguise Russian troop movement to either launch an offensive, or coerce Ukraine into attacking.

The only place this is a civil war is on the Internet, because the folks are eager to say and believe anything to deflect from the catastrophic losses in their holy “counter-offensive”.

Just like Belgorod, in a couple days, the NAFO trolls will be on to the next thing because this turned out to be nothing. But as always, we shall wait and see.

Yeah, Prigozhin is know for laying deadly traps on the battlefield.

I've been wondering if his talk about "we might lose Russia" and how many gains Ukriane has been asking in the counteroffensive is all BS in hopes of continuing to draw the Ukrainians further east into a deadlier trap. 

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

Yeah, Prigozhin is know for laying deadly traps on the battlefield.

I've been wondering if his talk about "we might lose Russia" and how many gains Ukriane has been asking in the counteroffensive is all BS in hopes of continuing to draw the Ukrainians further east into a deadlier trap. 

ummm, they're kinda busy having a revolution.

Prigozhin turning back makes zero sense. 

What could he possibly be promised that he’d head back to the field?

Reminds me of the phrase “come at the king, you best not miss”…

*Twitter Space guys are hearing that Wagner has been given security clearances from the Kremlin and MoD he has issues with will be dealt with .. Prigozhin will have more say in the execution of the war. 

Edited by SCBills