Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Instability and a wild card leader (who’s more bloodthirsty than Putin), with access to nuclear weapons. 

Sounds great. 

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Instability and a wild card leader (who’s more bloodthirsty than Putin), with access to nuclear weapons. 

Sounds great. 

Nothing new.  Listen to Daniel Ellsberg's interview on npr.  from 2016 I think but they played it today.  He started in nuclear war planning.  He stated that the equivalent of district governors could order nuclear launches under Kruschev,  Nuclear loaded subs were cruising the caribbean during the Cuban missile crisis.  All that said, I'm not sure there's anyone I trust less than Putin.  We are always on a razors edge.  Carpe diem.

• Like (+1) 1

Sounds like this is moving very quickly and very effectively from all accounts. 

Prighozin wanted a realignment militarily. 

The question now seems to be is this a coup going after Putin or a power play to get what he wants.  

And if he gets what he wants .. is he in control anyway?

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Sounds great. 

some thoughts...they're going to be fighting each other, protecting their turf.  How much will be left for the fight in Ukraine?

Edited by redtail hawk

33 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Sounds like this is moving very quickly and very effectively from all accounts. 

Prighozin wanted a realignment militarily. 

The question now seems to be is this a coup going after Putin or a power play to get what he wants.  

And if he gets what he wants .. is he in control anyway?

I remain skeptical that he’s going after Putin. My guess is he wants to take over Russia’s MoD, which he has been feuding with from day one. 

25 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I sincerely doubt that the man known as “Putin’s Chef” is trying to oust Putin. 

Yeah but why wouldn't Putin just promote him and end the drama?  He is he capturing a city?  Has Putin lost control to one of the General's Prigozhin wants to oust?

So much isn't adding up right now.  Saw some speculation that Prig is gonna get amnesty from crimes and $ from the west.  Probably not the answer but maybe he got an offer he doesn't want to refuse?

We will know tomorrow I hope.

14 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Yeah but why wouldn't Putin just promote him and end the drama?  He is he capturing a city?  Has Putin lost control to one of the General's Prigozhin wants to oust?

So much isn't adding up right now.  Saw some speculation that Prig is gonna get amnesty from crimes and $ from the west.  Probably not the answer but maybe he got an offer he doesn't want to refuse?

We will know tomorrow I hope.

they are getting their asses kicked by a guy who did "dancing with the stars".  It's not funny , I know, but they attacked Ukraine.  Hell yes, we helped.  And good on us.

Edited by redtail hawk