Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

The transition of Tucker to this guy on Fox News every night during wartime is wild..

I get what he's doing.  He sees 3 options and he's choosing #3:

1.  Side with the Cancel Putin police - and then watch them do this in response to every America First policy that President DeSantis passes - crazy stuff like move all star games out of Georgia - if Putin suddenly backs down.  

2.  Do nothing, get called a Putin sympathizer.  And a traitor!

3. "Bomb the ***t out of them."  He knows we're not doing that.  He avoids the "I heart Putin" bull ***t and doesn't side with Team Woke in the process.  It's risky because he shows he just can't quit his inner neo con.  

I tend to agree with this assessment, which is why all these “made for tv” reports are infuriating.   Talking to us like we’re all morons… 

Oh, 5,000 Russian troops have been killed!?

Wow, 2 transport planes, 30 helicopters, and 80 fighter jets have been downed by the ghost of Kyiv!?

Whoa, hundreds of tanks destroyed by javelins!?

Haha, Russian troops are so dumb.. lolz  

Yikes, Putin is going crazy in the head!

Hooray, Russian troops are puncturing their own gas tanks.  

These are supposedly the gatekeepers of truth telling us all this nonsense.  

It’s not a game.  It’s not a movie.  And pushing nonstop propaganda comes with a price.  

And the Daily Mail may be wrong too, or wrong on some points.. but this seems to match what actual official reporting from non-sensationalized tv experts and correspondents are saying, and seeing on the ground.  

Pure Russian propaganda 

11 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

@sherpa

tagging you because you’ve appeared as vastly aware….

what are the realistic  retaliation consequences if a cruise missile strike was green lit on the front of that advancing column?

Now there’s an interesting question 

The only thing notable about this post is a dime-a-dozen alt-right troll like Jack Posobiec retweeting a story from an organization that is a registered lobbying group for Israel.

If there is a tidal wave of Pentagon officials attesting to the sort of delusion the author claims is rife, he could quote some.  He doesn't.  Instead, he rattles off a lot of crap against an assertion he can't prove.  What a garbage take.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

The only thing notable about this post is a dime-a-dozen alt-right troll like Jack Posobiec retweeting a story from an organization that is a registered lobbying group for Israel.

If there is a tidal wave of Pentagon officials attesting to the sort of delusion the author claims is rife, he could quote some.  He doesn't.  Instead, he rattles off a lot of crap against an assertion he can't prove.  What a garbage take.

-Pentagon never lies

-Israel, noted Putin ally 

5 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

@sherpa

tagging you because you’ve appeared as vastly aware….

what are the realistic  retaliation consequences if a cruise missile strike was green lit on the front of that advancing column?

If it was launched by the US or NATO if would be an act of war. I'm not sure how the Russians would retaliate, but I'm sure they would initially take it out on Ukraine as a message that such aggression from a third party would be counterproductive. 

The thing is that there would be better options. A cruise missile doesn't have that big of a warhead. Air launched cruise missiles are more effective- bigger warhead since less rocket is needed.

For all their talk, I am surprised and disappointed that the locals haven't used some kind of guerilla tactics against it. If they had any missile capability it would be very simple to hit.  

If they have no missiles, though I'm sure the Russians are guarding it, there has to be some point where they could do some damage with improvised weapons.

If another country was serious about hitting it, and was willing to commit an act of war and risk the consequences, it would make more sense to do something bigger than a pin prick action like a cruise missile, which could be cleaned up in a matter of hours..

On that note, the Russians have a very sophisticated air defense capability which is though to have some ability to defend against cruise missiles. That is if they have it operating, which I'm not sure of, but we would know from signal intel if they did.

10 hours ago, SCBills said:

I tend to agree with this assessment, which is why all these “made for tv” reports are infuriating.   Talking to us like we’re all morons… 

Oh, 5,000 Russian troops have been killed!?

Wow, 2 transport planes, 30 helicopters, and 80 fighter jets have been downed by the ghost of Kyiv!?

Whoa, hundreds of tanks destroyed by javelins!?

Haha, Russian troops are so dumb.. lolz  

Yikes, Putin is going crazy in the head!

Hooray, Russian troops are puncturing their own gas tanks.  

These are supposedly the gatekeepers of truth telling us all this nonsense.  

It’s not a game.  It’s not a movie.  And pushing nonstop propaganda comes with a price.  

And the Daily Mail may be wrong too, or wrong on some points.. but this seems to match what actual official reporting from non-sensationalized tv experts and correspondents are saying, and seeing on the ground.  

You would be so much more "weighty" if you had been calling out the right wing media propaganda of the last 20 years right here at home 

Not sure I disagree with any of this. 

The only thing that makes no sense is China but my guess is their only interest is the collapse or complete dependency of the U.S. on it that it just acts as its satellite state.  

• Angry 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Not sure I disagree with any of this. 

The only thing that makes no sense is China but my guess is their only interest is the collapse or complete dependency of the U.S. on it that it just acts as its satellite state.  

This to me is a decent articulation of the 3-way relationship between the U.S., China, and Russia.  The main theme is there are 3 powers and its always a case of 2 against 1.  Prior U.S. policies aligned the U.S. with one or the other vs. the 3rd country (either China or Russia/Soviets) and now its China & Russia against the U.S.

https://dailyreckoning.com/how-did-the-u-s-lose-russia/

8 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Thanks for sharing this. What we’ve all learned from the recent events in Ukraine is that the President TALKING TRASH about other evil world leaders does NOTHING to stop their missiles from slamming into apartment buildings. Thanks for reinforcing the point! 

• Dislike 1