Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Well is the reporting, even if false, can do anything, it's sway public opinion and give hope to those fighting.  The more losses Russia appears to take and the more Ukrainians appear to fight back, the harder Ukrainians will fight, maybe Russians will fight less, and the more support they are getting worldwide.

So it’s a psyop..  

Sorry, I want accurate reporting.   How are you not sick and tired of media manipulating the public?

We’re taking Ukraine at their word for everything, and it’s resulted in three days of unconfirmed and/or now provably false reporting.  

Its now clear to me that this war is being played out worldwide via media manipulation.   

Again, Russia is no sympathetic figure, but I’d rather believe… for once in my adult life… that I’m not being lied to all the time by these propagandists. 

Edited by SCBills

6 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Either the Russians are fighting the most stupid war in history, or this stuff is pretty suspicious.

Going with the former.  Zelensky is now an international hero, France and Germany look like fools, and Europe is taking action aligned with the policies of the United States.  Thats...exactly the opposite of what Putin was going for.

Totally agree that there's a ton of propaganda spinning around out there.  I'm boiling it down to the very basics.  Those are that the Russians want to defeat Ukraine, and haven't, and that means taking Kyiv, and they haven't done that either.  Everything else I'll leave to the historians 20 years from now.

Just now, SCBills said:

So it’s a psyop..  

Sorry, I want accurate reporting.   How are you not sick and tired of America media manipulating the public?

We’re taking Ukraine at their word for everything, and it’s resulted in three days of unconfirmed and/or now provably false reporting.  

Its now clear to me that this war is being played out worldwide via media manipulation.   

Again, Russia is no sympathetic figure, but I’d rather believe… for once in my adult life… that I’m not being lied to all the time by these propagandists. 

Literally everything I've seen reporting on the Ghost has said it's probably not real and just people crediting what their airforce has done as a whole to one plane. This kind of thing happens in every war.

3 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Maybe they put out 200k troops in case nato joined in?

Your guess is as good as mine! I don't know how many more times NATO could have said NATO isn't going to commit troops, but I don't expect the Russians trust us much either, because Putin is nuts and thinks all of Europe are our puppets.

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

So it’s a psyop..  

Sorry, I want accurate reporting.   How are you not sick and tired of media manipulating the public?

Because  I'm jaded and I don't care if they lie if it helps the side I want to win.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Because  I'm jaded and I don't care if they lie if it helps the side I want to win.

Be careful with this..  Manipulation can make you think you’re on the right side of history, when you are not.   This likely isn’t that case, but Americans (manipulated by our government & media) thought we were doing the right thing in Iraq too. 

24 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

There's so many videos of Russian "soldiers" just standing around crying or being taken by a couple people with no resistance. One had a "soldier" call their parents back in Russia to say they've been captured and their parents didn't have a clue they were in Ukraine. 

It's all very weird. 

I haven’t seen these, but no civilized army can kill like the US. It’s been long said that even Russia is very jealous of how America trains their troops. Only jihadists can compete with the unforgiving violence the American army is capable of. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

Be careful with this..  Manipulation can make you think you’re on the right side of history, when you are not.   This likely isn’t that case, but Americans (manipulated by our government & media) thought we were doing the right thing in Iraq too. 

I (now) know manipulation when I see it.  And in this case, I'm fine with it. 

YOU DON’T NEED A WEATHERMAN TO SEE WHICH WAY THE WIND BLOWS: 

Germany OKs weapons for Ukraine in major shift on military aid.

https://hotair.com/headlines/2022/02/26/germany-oks-weapons-for-ukraine-in-major-shift-on-military-aid-n451473

Related: “Something is off with Putin.”

https://hotair.com/headlines/2022/02/26/something-is-off-with-putin-n451446

10 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Wow, ok.  So in the last 48 hours, all opposition to kicking Russia out of SWIFT has collapsed, and Germany has gone from changing it's Facebook profile picture to a Ukrainian flag and ***** off to get high, to actually sending meaningful aid* to Ukraine.

*Where meaningful aid means weapons and ammunition.  Preach John Adams.

Edited by Coffeesforclosers

6 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Wow, ok.  So in the last 48 hours, all opposition to kicking Russia out of SWIFT has collapsed, and Germany has gone from changing it's Facebook profile picture to a Ukrainian flag and ***** off to get high, to actually sending meaningful aid* to Ukraine.

*Where meaningful aid means weapons and ammunition.  Preach John Adams.

Must have seen that response from the Ukranian President that he didn't need a way out(U.S. offered extraction) he needed ammunition.

Adam Kinzinger is having quite the few days...  

Tweets out false story/image of Ghost of Kyiv.  (It was a meme)

Tweets out a picture of two children saluting Ukrainian soldiers.  …. From 2016.  

Calls for a “No-Fly Zone” in Ukraine.   Which, for those wondering, is our involvement in a World War. 

50 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So reduce deaths with more deaths?  You have a lot to learn about human behavior. 

These are the men behind this war. Finding them now and killing them is unrealistic. But when this is over you find them and execute them for war crimes. End this ***** 

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Tweets out a picture of two children saluting Ukrainian soldiers.  …. From 2016.  

Calls for a “No-Fly Zone” in Ukraine.   Which, for those wondering, is our involvement in a World War. 

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Facepalm worthy, even if his heart's in the right place.