Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

4 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

what a logical, conciliatory statement

refreshing because this place can be downright uncivil via the keyboard warriors on this board 

Well …when the most prolific posters see this forum as a place to cut and paste the hi lights of their hourly media blast and rehash the daily talking points from their brainwashers….

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/24/2022 at 5:43 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

this is scary. Vlad is moving. It’s no accident he had a televised meeting with Pakistan pm today. I don’t believe this Ukraine thing is isolated- He’s going full throttle.

This must be what a mid life crisis for a super villain authoritarian sociopath looks like. 

Putin turns 70 this year.  I imagine he feels he is behind the curve "age wise" in becoming Russia's greatest leader in history.

If he succeeds in taking over Ukraine without any repercussions, I fear he will take even greater chances in achieving his goal.

• Agree 1

I won't enter into much details, because it's 2.19am here and i'm tired (and drunk)

Putin won't take Europe, I really don't think it is his objective, Russia couldn't be able to do that anyway

I won't go into specifics for nowbut simply put Ukraine kinda shiited on the bed from a russian point of view around economics treaties and mainly gaz, and elite people in Russian felt screwed and enough was enough

He is a very intelligent person and knows if he do something against a NATO country he and his country will be erased

Also, France (yes France, the coward fries), is the only Europe country to have nuke capability and we have multiple SNLE moving every day in the year somewhere, just in case

• Like (+1) 1

I have to wonder if NATO members had kept their defense spending commitments would Russia have still invaded Ukraine? An extra 1-1.5 percent of GDP doesn't sound like much but over 20 years you're talking a lot of capability.

Even if Germany had kept its nuclear reactors so it was not so dependent on Russian gas this could be a different scenario.

Hindsight is 20/20 but it's hard to believe after Crimea no NATO members would have thought to react and make military or economic shifts.

5 minutes ago, Precision said:

Even if Germany had kept its nuclear reactors so it was not so dependent on Russian gas this could be a different scenario.

That's a good point

After Fukushima (and remember Tchernobyl), Germany greens were so afraid of a potential nuclear incident in their country, that they forced government to reject civil nuke.

It's been 10+ years they shift their energy income fo solar+wind

They must sustain low solar/wind income with gaz that they don't have/produce so a big part come from Russia via NS1 (and ex-soon NS2)

= $$$ for russia and dependance for germany in energy

They still produce energy from coal factories, wich is completly stupid based on their will to be a green country

= Germany is ***** right now

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Repulsif said:

That's a good point

After Fukushima (and remember Tchernobyl), Germany greens were so afraid of a potential nuclear incident in their country, that they forced government to reject civil nuke.

They must sustain low solar/wind income with gaz that they don't have/produce so a big part come from Russia via NS1 (and ex-soon NS2)

They still produce energy from coal factories, wich is completly stupid based on their will to be a green country

It as ****** as Russia is 

10 minutes ago, Repulsif said:

That's a good point

We've become the world's leading exporter of liquified natural gas. We can step that up so they aren't left in the cold. 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

The global computer chip industry, including the giant Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, has begun halting sales to Russia in the wake of U.S. sanctions aimed at punishing Moscow’s invasion of Ukraine.

The Biden administration announced the sanctions Thursday, saying they would cut off more than half of Russia’s high-tech imports and kneecap the country’s ability to diversify its economy and support its military.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/02/25/ukraine-russia-chips-sanctions-tsmc/

So this is where China invades Taiwan then?

the ukrainians are fighting proudly- its inspiring. cant believe im going to say this, but i think its time the US and NATO went in and helped out. Putin needs to be dealt with this way. and it feels wrong to leave a sovereign, freedom loving country, hanging out to dry.

if all of NATO pulled together, then this war could end fast. the russian soldiers would be demoralized.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

the ukrainians are fighting proudly- its inspiring. cant believe im going to say this, but i think its time the US and NATO went in and helped out. Putin needs to be dealt with this way. and it feels wrong to leave a sovereign, freedom loving country, hanging out to dry.

if all of NATO pulled together, then this war could end fast. the russian soldiers would be demoralized.

Let's roll!! I think our drones would be enough. 

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Just remember the next time you speak On the 2nd amendment you remember the Ukrainian people who are using that right now to defend from tyranny.  

1) I'm not against guns, just against ones that can waste dozens of people at a time 

2) We will never be invaded. 

3) Not having guns isn't the problem the Ukranians face, they need sophisticated weapons 

Just now, Tiberius said:

1) I'm not against guns, just against ones that can waste dozens of people at a time 

2) We will never be invaded. 

3) Not having guns isn't the problem the Ukranians face, they need sophisticated weapons 

1 and 3 contradict each other