EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

2 hours ago, Success said:

I haven't really seen that much improvement, so we'll have to disagree there.  But he was playing well from the start.  His game this past Sunday wasn't that different from earlier games.  Since the Bills weren't playing, I was checking out one of the Pats boards during that game - at halftime, a pretty fair # of fans were dismayed w/ how Mac was playing.  Over the course of the game, he threw what should have been 3 easy picks, including an easy pick 6 in the red zone that the defender just dropped (which would have changed the dynamics of that game).   He rebounded in the 2nd half, but his biggest play was the 10-yarder to a wide open Bourne, that Bourne made a spectacular TD run out of.

He's a good QB.  As I keep saying, right now, he's playing like the scouts predicted: most pro-ready and ready to start on day 1, but lowest ceiling.  I've seen comparisons to Garropolo, Dalton & Alex Smith, which I think are all fairly accurate to this point.  He's a game manager.

Heck, I’d say Jones gets even more credit due to the team and coach around him. Just like in college. Time will definitely tell the true story. Couple wins by the Bills will also go a long way. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah @YoloinOhio confirmed for me. Kinda hard for me to see McD telling him he'd be inactive rest of season when anything can happen with 6 games left and could need him again.??

Not sure of any other reason why McK would say that unless McD told him that. Unless of course like yolo said he was just saying whatever..?

I think what McKenzie was probably told is something to the effect of "We're going to make a change to Stevenson as KR/PR.  For the rest of the season, it's his job to lose".  McKenzie would rightly interpret that as "benched for the season" but it's not the same as telling a player you're going to be inactive no matter what happens, injuries or illness.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Of course I'll be here, win or lose.

Hey you guys should be happy Nick wright said the bills and Chiefs 2 best teams in AFC lol, probably bases that on bills beating KC, and negates the fact that buffalo has been sub 500 since that mark with wins over Miami, jets and saints. 

Well if he was a pat, we would see 2019 Allen, pre diggs Allen. Subpar Allen. 

And I like what Mac is doing, he just played very well against a Titans defense that was at full strength. I never saw 36 points coming, the Titans d is way more physical than buffalo. I think MJ will be just fine against this bills unit

3-3 is not sub .500 idiot.

3 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Sorry to say, but I have zero confidence in the Bills winning on Monday night.  Belichick knows how to defend the bills.  All he has to do is look at what the Jags, Titans, Steelers, and Colts did to slow down our offense.  Two deep coverage.

I hope I am completely wrong.  But I think Monday night's game will be painful to watch.

The Bills scored 31 on the Titans.

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think what McKenzie was probably told is something to the effect of "We're going to make a change to Stevenson as KR/PR.  For the rest of the season, it's his job to lose".  McKenzie would rightly interpret that as "benched for the season" but it's not the same as telling a player you're going to be inactive no matter what happens, injuries or illness.

Yeah that makes sense. That could probably be what he was told. 

I don’t know how to say this out loud and not sound like an ####### but…is there a way to be both : very upset over Tre and also kind of excited to see what Dane Jackson can do? I will make sure it’s clear. Very upset over Tre…wish he was here. The guy is amazing. I just am kind of excited to see what we have in Dane. Kind of a strange feeling. 

• Like (+1) 1

@Jeffbigalls

"And I like what Mac is doing, he just played very well against a Titans defense that was at full strength"

So now we have a perfect biosystem.  You manufacture BS and consume it entirely. 

Titan D played minus 3 Starting LBs in Bud Dupree, David Long and Rashaan Evans.  Then Monty Rice left game with bad ankle.  

Would love to see Pats play without Judon, Van Noy and Bentley/Hightower.  So would they be at full strength then too?

Edited by freddyjj
quoted wrong person
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

@Jeffbigalls

So now we have a perfect biosystem.  You manufacture BS and consume it entirely. 

Titan D played minus 3 Starting LBs in Bud Dupree, David Long and Rashaan Evans.  Then Monty Rice left game with bad ankle.  

Would love to see Pats play without Judon, Van Noy and Bentley/Hightower.  So would they be at full strength then too?

Can you please fix that.  It makes it look like I said that garbage.

• Agree 1

Vinovich’s crew averages a league-low 11.7 penalties per game this season, per

@ESPNStatsInf

Only 12 per game?    😂 

😝  😂 

I Googled him.  Here’s the top image 

licensed-image?q=tbn:ANd9GcQu4K1SXMlGSmC

Holding # 77

grabbing a defenseless player by the 🏈 🏈 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Stevenson, Mckenzie, and Brieda is a lot of speed on the field. I hope we use McKenzie on offense a bit with Brieda in speed packages. 

McKenzie offers nothing at this point and he was benched for a reason.

I would like to see what Stevenson has to offer in the passing game and imagine he'll be part of the game plan going forward.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, KCNC said:

I actually think they will go back to McKenzie and not trust the rookie.  If rookie in there, you can bet BB will have his guys ripping at arms (ala McKelvin - the memory pains me)

It's possible, they want to give him more reps on offense, and let the rookie continue to field kicks.

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

McKenzie offers nothing at this point and he was benched for a reason.

I would like to see what Stevenson has to offer in the passing game and imagine he'll be part of the game plan going forward.

Yeah, he offers nothing. 1 fumble and he offers nothing.  9th in yards per punt return. 5th in yards per kick return.  They havent even used him in the offense this year and the couple times they did he 5 catches that 2 went for first downs. 5 rushes 1 TD 3 first downs.  Offers nothing though.  He was just 10 ten in the league in both KR and PR.  Fumbled once and hes a bumb.  Stevenson fumbled once in one game played and really did nothing on the returns.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Yeah, he offers nothing. 1 fumble and he offers nothing.  9th in yards per punt return. 5th in yards per kick return.  They havent even used him in the offense this year and the couple times they did he 5 catches that 2 went for first downs. 5 rushes 1 TD 3 first downs.  Offers nothing though.  He was just 10 ten in the league in both KR and PR.  Fumbled once and hes a bumb.  Stevenson fumbled once in one game played and really did nothing on the returns.

The jet sweep stuff is predicable and played out and activating him again this week and putting him on the field would be an invitation for disaster going against the Pats defense.

I don't see this coaching staff going back to McKenzie as the return man either this week even though Stevenson did absolutely nothing in his first NFL game.

Either way McKenzie isn't part of the future plans here and will be gone in the offseason, so it's time to see what some of these younger guys and one of the few roster moves I agree with.

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

The jet sweep stuff is predicable and played out and activating him again this week and putting him on the field would be an invitation for disaster going against the Pats defense.

I don't see this coaching staff going back to McKenzie as the return man either this week even though Stevenson did absolutely nothing in his first NFL game.

Either way McKenzie isn't part of the future plans here and will be gone in the offseason, so it's time to see what some of these younger guys and one of the few roster moves I agree with.

It has nothing to do with McKenzie at this point.  McKenzie has proven that he can make plays.  They’re giving Stevenson a chance to see if he can do the same.  If he doesn’t do anything with this opportunity, we’ll see McKenzie come playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Can you please fix that.  It makes it look like I said that garbage.

My sincere apologies, saw that after posting so inserted @new pats troll .

Not sure how to remove your name and time stamp from quote - it's an age thing

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

It has nothing to do with McKenzie at this point.  McKenzie has proven that he can make plays.  They’re giving Stevenson a chance to see if he can do the same.  If he doesn’t do anything with this opportunity, we’ll see McKenzie come playoffs.

You might be right but either way he's playing out the string in Buffalo, as are possibly a lot of other players on this roster if this team fizzles out or doesn't go far in the playoffs if they get there.

7 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

How does what you said even make sense to you?  The five whole times they ran the jet sweep this year went for first downs or a TD in 4 of them.

Probably not but that doesnt mean its the correct decision.  Going with a rookie that has one game played and showed lousy in that game with a fumble of his own on top of it over a guy that was top 9 in one area and top 5 in another.  Makes no sense.  Especially against the Pats.  McKenzie had 1 fumble in 10 games.  Stevenson 1 fumble and looked like an idiot most plays in 1 game.

He probably isnt the future.  McKenzie is a likeable JAG but this isnt the week you try to see what you have in a rookie.  Thats idiocy.  Sounds about right that you would want to experiment against a team that you predict blows us out though.

This makes about as much sense as banging Moss into the oline for no gain over and over when you have a guys getting 5+ ypc all year and sitting the other guy who is the only one with real speed.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

You might be right but either way he's playing out the string in Buffalo, as are possibly a lot of other players on this roster if this team fizzles out or doesn't go far in the playoffs if they get there.

or maybe we catch fire and close the season as we did last year. Gotta stay healthy from here on out

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF
  • Hapless Bills Fan unpinned this topic