EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

5 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

I just can’t believe there’s some analyst out there that actually said Mac Jones was even remotely close to Allen as a QB, let alone better?? That could not have actually happened, could it? Did he really actually say it? Any such analyst should be removed by their employer immediately. We could lose to New England sure ( I don’t think we will) but saying that is just absurd. There’s no way that person could actually believe that if he’s seen both play.

I want to see how Jones handles the expected cold and wind conditions Monday night.  I'll be surprised if it doesn't give him some trouble.  With Allen the Bills don't have that problem.  

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, streetkings01 said:

Don’t watch the GMF segment about the upcoming game.

They showed just about every negative play of ours this season. Brought up Belichick’s dominance of McDermott without bringing up Brady at. Brought up how nobody runs against the Patriots without bringing up how the Titans just ran for almost 300 yards a week ago.

If Bills play a clean game they win this game by 10+ points.

That segment was just AWFUL. That crew has really disappointed me through the last couple of weeks. They are generally really even keeled on the coverage of matchups and teams. They've gone completely off the reservation over the Pats.... That was supposed to be a "preview" segment on the matchup and it was literally 5 minutes of why the pats are so good and then..... oh ya, there might be another team in that game as well. Its the bills, but they sorta suck.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 hour ago, streetkings01 said:

Don’t watch the GMF segment about the upcoming game.

They showed just about every negative play of ours this season. Brought up Belichick’s dominance of McDermott without bringing up Brady at. Brought up how nobody runs against the Patriots without bringing up how the Titans just ran for almost 300 yards a week ago.

If Bills play a clean game they win this game by 10+ points.

85% of GMFB is just silliness. Beyond Nate Burleson and Michael Robinson there is little in terms of credible football insight (although some of the guest commentators who played have been good too). Kyle Brandt’s schtick used to be entertaining but has become tiresome. Overall, the constant need for a new storyline to keep fans engaged, and the hysteria in which they proclaim it, has made the show non-credible in my mind. 

Edited by buffalonian
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

That segment was just AWFUL. That crew has really disappointed me through the last couple of weeks. They are generally really even keeled on the coverage of matchups and teams. They've gone completely off the reservation over the Pats.... That was supposed to be a "preview" segment on the matchup and it was literally 5 minutes of why the pats are so good and then..... oh ya, there might be another team in that game as well. Its the bills, but they sorta suck.

Yesterday Kay said Mac Jones is playing the best football of all the young QBs in the NFL……kid has 9 TDs and 2 INTs the past 6 games. He’s averaging 1.5 touchdown passes the past 6 games….what am I missing here?

49 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I'm sure they are not game planning at all.  They probably think NE is going to give them the game.   No need to game plan this week 🙄

How was their game plan vs Pitt on opening day?  Jags? Colts? I think this season has been one of the weakest coaching performance from McDermott and company. That's coming from a big McDermott fan. There's been clear instances where he's been out coached and his team wasn't ready to play. His halftime adjustments which are usually solid have been suspect at best. So your sarcasm falls short here...

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Yesterday Kay said Mac Jones is playing the best football of all the young QBs in the NFL……kid has 9 TDs and 2 INTs the past 6 games. He’s averaging 1.5 touchdown passes the past 6 games….what am I missing here?

The other rookies  are garbage this year, so the bar is very low.

It's like one pile of ***** doesn't smell as bad as another but in the end it's still piles of *****.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I want to see how Jones handles the expected cold and wind conditions Monday night.  I'll be surprised if it doesn't give him some trouble.  With Allen the Bills don't have that problem.  

Allen does have a problem because his Oline can't open up holes for the running game and the suck a pass blocking. Wind or not it won't effect the weakness of the Bills Oline. 

9 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Maybe I can help. Jones isn't tearing up the stat sheet. So many want to always emphasize the stats. In this case, his stats or lack of are deceiving. The young stud QB has lead his team to 6 consecutive wins. That is a feat in itself. He has done everything asked of him and more. He looks every part of a winner. He's poised, makes great reads, limits turnovers, and is pretty accurate. I think Kay's statement is accurate. Hope that helps. 

• Haha (+1) 3

WGR just had one of the Boston radio guys on. Apparently the Pats have no weaknesses and Jones is “not quite at the Brady level yet”.  There is no other city, fanbase, and media that deserve a garbage team for the foreseeable future. What a smug douche. *And Mac Jones can throw long, he just hasn’t because his offensive line wasn’t healthy until a few weeks ago. 🙄

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Maybe I can help. Jones isn't tearing up the stat sheet. So many want to always emphasize the stats. In this case, his stats or lack of are deceiving. The young stud QB has lead his team to 6 consecutive wins. That is a feat in itself. He has done everything asked of him and more. He looks every part of a winner. He's poised, makes great reads, limits turnovers, and is pretty accurate. I think Kay's statement is accurate. Hope that helps. 

I mean the concept is pretty simple. Don't go out there and make mistakes as oppose to your counterparts. I mean i get it. The media is not helping, but people were kiling him during the draft. So if he went out there and started throwing it all over the place and created a bunch of INTs, they would be killing him. He's actually playing smart and they still are killing him. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

3 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

I mean the concept is pretty simple. Don't go out there and make mistakes as oppose to your counterparts. I mean i get it. The media is not helping, but people were kiling him during the draft. So if he went out there and started throwing it all over the place and created a bunch of INTs, they would be killing him. He's actually playing smart and they still are killing him. 

Yes, Jones is playing a smart, limited game and they are winning. Jones has looked good. The nauseating part for most non-patriots* fans is that the guy is being painted as an all time great when he hasn’t shown that he can do anything other than check down and avoid turnovers. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Somewhere Bruce Nolan is banging the table that wins are not a QB stat.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Yes, Jones is playing a smart, limited game and they are winning. Jones has looked good. The nauseating part for most non-patriots* fans is that the guy is being painted as an all time great when he hasn’t shown that he can do anything other than check down and avoid turnovers. 

He has shown more than just check downs, but i get it. The media is over doing it. I swear they are trying to make up for all the crap they gave BB over the Brady issue. Not going to lie, when i seen Rex Ryan praising BB i felt someone was messing with me. But i get it, If anyone turned into Boston sports radio 98.5 around 2. You would love it, they dear anyone to call in given Jones too much credit so they could rip them (the callers) apart for it. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Great post! I'm not sure why people are so sensitive to the media giving the Patriots it's due respect. I get the Patriot hate and I'm included in the dislike for the whole organization. Yet, the Patriots deserve the hype. They are playing great on both sides of the ball. It's a masterpiece in progress by Belicheck. The Bills have been nothing but inconsistent. It's hard to have faith in which team shows up. I firmly believe a healthier good version of the Bills is better than the Patriots. However, which bills team shows up on Monday? 

Do they really, though?

It's funny how last year when we ripped off a string of wins tons of people (even some here) liked to point out they we didn't beat anyone that was any good. Seems fitting to play that same game with the Pats here. Lets see what they have done over the least 6 weeks.

Jets: They hung 54 on a very bad Jet team. This was also the start of the Jets "Mike White Era" as the Jets lost Wilson early.

Chargers: This was a good win at the time, however we have seen Herbert take a sizable step back this year. Still, the only win I'd call solid in their streak.

Panthers: Sam Darnold started. Shouldn't need any further comment.

Browns: No Chubb or Hunt for this game. Mayfield is playing this year with 1 arm. Case Keenum closed out the game.

Falcons: Again, played a team without their biggest offensive weapon in Patterson. Allowed them to focus on Pitts. 

Titans: No Henry, No Jones, No Brown. 3rd straight game of catching a team shorthanded.

To their credit the Pats still lined up and won their games. No let down. But aside from PERHAPS the Chargers game I'm not impressed by any of their wins in this streak. Their other 2 wins this season? A 2nd one over the Jets and a win over the Texans (that was very close to a loss with Davis Mills at QB).

They have lost to the Dolphins, Saints, Bucs and Cowboys. We are better that 3 of those teams and not that far off from the Bucs this year.

I am THANKFUL the Pats ripped off his win streak. Their fanbase is getting very smug again.  Monday night in Buffalo they get a very small sample of what we went through various times for 20 years where we thought we had something and watched the Patriots rip that to shreads. Buffalo wins this one and it's not even going to be close.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, TBBills said:

The other rookies  are garbage this year, so the bar is very low.

It's like one pile of ***** doesn't smell as bad as another but in the end it's still piles of *****.

She wasn’t talking about rookie QB’s only…….she was talking about all the young QBs…..Allen, Mahomes, Herbert, Jackson etc.

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Her statement was actually that Mac jones was the BEST qb in all the AFC right now. Thats absurd. I would hope anyone with some actual sense would feel the same way.

10 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

She wasn’t talking about rookie QB’s only…….she was talking about all the young QBs…..Allen, Mahomes, Herbert, Jackson etc.

nah. The topic was actually best QB in the whole conference. Which makes her answer even more absurd.

43 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

What do you mean the media is killing him?  I see the media giving him praise because he's played well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.