EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

I want to see Taron get a pick 6. I feel like he can have this tyrann matheiu quality about him if McD let him play more like a spy in coverage if that makes sense. He should be given more free range so he can be more of an ‘X factor’ so to speak.

He’s too unsung of a hero imo. Hopefully that changes soon. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

And yet scoring 31 points is not slowing down our offense.

You have to include the losses vs the Steelers, Jags, and Colts.   Do you think Belichick won't learn from what they did to slow down our offense?

I have been a life long Bills fan going back to the Jack Kemp Era.  I want a win on Monday as bad as anyone. I am just being realistic.  We are going to have a real struggle vs New England.   We had better bring our A+++ game.  At least Star, Brown, and Feliciano are back to practice.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

New England is going to run the ball heavily, and make little dump-off passes all night long for 4-6 yards.  

BB will also figure out who our absolute worst DB is on the field post Tre injury, and throw at him as much as possible.

We better have some plans in place, and be ready to switch out of them quickly if/when they don't work.

Last time they tried that they lost badly to the Bills. 

2 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

You have to include the losses vs the Steelers, Jags, and Colts.   Do you think Belichick won't learn from what they did to slow down our offense?

I have been a life long Bills fan going back to the Jack Kemp Era.  I want a win on Monday as bad as anyone. I am just being realistic.  We are going to have a real struggle vs New England.   We had better bring our A+++ game.  At least Star, Brown, and Feliciano are back to practice.

Not that it’s the end all, be all, but I doubt Belichick has a plan to make sure Spencer Brown doesn’t play.  

Our splits with him, and without him, are dramatic… and in the three games you just listed, he didn’t play.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Because as I told you before ... you havent faced this guantlet of a schedule you think you have.  The week before you played NO they scored 7 points.  Playing a couple offenses that are good out of 12 games doesnt mean you played a tough schedule overall when you also played a lot of bottom feeders.  That type of analysis also doesnt look at who you played when. They look at the overall current standings.

Ahh thus why like so many other new and made up stats it’s useless. Thanks :)  

10 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Make Mac jones pass. Please mcdermott, put 8 in the box and make sure the run doesn’t beat us. Don’t get stubborn with the nickel defense 

I am more than OK with the nickel defense. It is our best base defense, even in stopping the run. Taron (and now fill in Dane) excel in run support. You can still have 8 in the box in a nickel D....

17 hours ago, Fred Slacks said:

New Orleans ran cover 2 all night long and Josh seemed to pick that apart just fine.  Not saying he will have the same success vs the Pats.  I am just saying he can play vs the cover 2 and has shown it in games.  I expect a different offense with players back this week on the O-line.  I think we can score 25-28 points and that we can hold the Pats under that.  If it is windy we can press and cover the short routes/play the run.  Force Mac Jones to throw deep in windy conditions.  Everyone acts like the weather only effects how our team plays but the Pats still have to show up and do their thing in the same conditions.  If we have Star back this week too then I really like our chances vs the Pats.  Even missing Tre I think we can and should come out on top of this game.  Not too mention Josh seems to perform well on nationally televised games.  

Is that true that the Saints ran a lot of cover 2 against us? I thought they mostly played man— but certainly could be wrong. 

9 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

New England is going to run the ball heavily, and make little dump-off passes all night long for 4-6 yards.  

BB will also figure out who our absolute worst DB is on the field post Tre injury, and throw at him as much as possible.

We better have some plans in place, and be ready to switch out of them quickly if/when they don't work.

They better have a solid offensive game plan. They have to do some things differently on offense. I'm thinking move Allen around in the pocket, a few more RPOs, some quick slants, screens to Brieda, and effective run plays.

I think Allen will get killed and be ineffective if he just sits in the pocket and the bills run similar pass patterns. I think Belicheat will take Diggs out of the game. 

• Agree 1

Just now, newcam2012 said:

They better have a solid offensive game plan. They have to do some things differently on offense. I'm thinking move Allen around in the pocket, a few more RPOs, some quick slants, screens to Brieda, and effective run plays.

I think Allen will get killed and be ineffective if he just sits in the pocket and the bills run similar pass patterns. I think Belicheat will take Diggs out of the game. 

This is where having Knox really helps. He has been a huge factor in the passing game. So if the Pats do take Diggs out of the game then Knox, Beasley, Sanders need to step up. Hopefully the Bills can get a running game going with Breida and Singletary. This is an all hands on deck kind of game. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Don’t watch the GMF segment about the upcoming game.

They showed just about every negative play of ours this season. Brought up Belichick’s dominance of McDermott without bringing up Brady at. Brought up how nobody runs against the Patriots without bringing up how the Titans just ran for almost 300 yards a week ago.

If Bills play a clean game they win this game by 10+ points.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, Dr. K said:

Chill out. No one is a bigger Bills supporter than I am, but be realistic. The Pats have won six straight, by significant scores, while starting a rookie QB. The Bills have gone lose-win-lose-win for their last six, one of those losses to a one-win team, and the other a wipe out, at home, by the Colts. 

This isn't some conspiracy by the press; this is the normal short attention span of US media.  The Bills got plenty of strokes when they were riding high. If they beat the Pats Monday the narrative will change again. If the Bills sweep the Pats and manage to win four or five of their last six, they will be one of the favorites to win the Super Bowl. 

I prefer to hear everybody talking about how great Jones is, and how Belichick is a genius. The Bills players and coaches should be ready to play on Monday night. 

Great post! I'm not sure why people are so sensitive to the media giving the Patriots it's due respect. I get the Patriot hate and I'm included in the dislike for the whole organization. Yet, the Patriots deserve the hype. They are playing great on both sides of the ball. It's a masterpiece in progress by Belicheck. The Bills have been nothing but inconsistent. It's hard to have faith in which team shows up. I firmly believe a healthier good version of the Bills is better than the Patriots. However, which bills team shows up on Monday? 

• Like (+1) 1

We are getting some love from the "experts". Pete Prisco picks the Bills.

New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills (-3)

Monday, 8:15 p.m. ET (ESPN)

Latest Odds:Buffalo Bills -2.5

Bet Now 

NJ only. 21+. New users only. Terms and conditions apply. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER or visit 800GAMBLER.ORG

This is the game of the week with first place in the AFC East on the line. The Patriots have won six straight games and have really impressed on defense. It will be fun to see what Bill Belichick throws at Josh Allen. The Bills looked much better last week against the Saints than they did for most of November. They continue to play well here. Bills take it.

Pick: Bills 26, Patriots 20 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Greg S said:

This is where having Knox really helps. He has been a huge factor in the passing game. So if the Pats do take Diggs out of the game then Knox, Beasley, Sanders need to step up. Hopefully the Bills can get a running game going with Breida and Singletary. This is an all hands on deck kind of game. 

Agree. The Bills have to establish some sort of running game. They can't abandom the run game and let the Pats T off on Allen. I believe Allen will get killed and largely be ineffective. It's what we've seen in the Jags, Pitt, and Colts game. 

Additionally, this is a difficult game plan defensively for the Bills. Jones is running the offense like an old pro. Almost Brady like. Finding the seams, limiting turnovers and mistakes, making the correct reads. The Pats run game is solid as well. 

In concluding, I think the winner wins by a field goal. I'm not going to predict a winner. The betting line started put at -3.5 and his now -2.5 buffalo.

42 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm sure they are not game planning at all.  They probably think NE is going to give them the game.   No need to game plan this week 🙄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I just can’t believe there’s some analyst out there that actually said Mac Jones was even remotely close to Allen as a QB, let alone better?? That could not have actually happened, could it? Did he really actually say it? Any such analyst should be removed by their employer immediately. We could lose to New England sure ( I don’t think we will) but saying that is just absurd. There’s no way that person could actually believe that if he’s seen both play.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Don’t watch the GMF segment about the upcoming game.

They showed just about every negative play of ours this season. Brought up Belichick’s dominance of McDermott without bringing up Brady at. Brought up how nobody runs against the Patriots without bringing up how the Titans just ran for almost 300 yards a week ago.

If Bills play a clean game they win this game by 10+ points.

No one runs against them? What the what - they are in the bottom 10 of the league in rush defense

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.